Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Interceptor

Genre: Action

Director: Matthew Reilly

Cast: Elsa Pataky, Luke Bracey, Aaron Glenane, Belinda Jombwe, Mayen Mehta, Paul Caesar, Marcus Johnson

Plot: When sixteen nuclear missiles are launched at the US, and a violent coordinated attack simultaneously threatens her remote missile interceptor station, one Army lieutenant must utilize her years of tactical training and military expertise to save humanity as we know it.

Hey, I wasn't going to download it, but now I will! :smuggrin:

They could've spun it as a 'sidequell' to Fast and Furious, using her character from there. She has a thick accent anyway, but it probably wouldn't look too good, that a foreigner is saving helpless USA. Wait... it still looks that way.

Turns out they did plan this movie with such a 'message', that some hillbilly Americans - bad, but assimilated immigrants working for US - good. It's also heavily relying on the 'metoo' 'movement', feminism, and other 'wokeness'.
Don't know if in reality there really is only two such 'unique' interceptor stations - US has more bases around the world, than anyone, and they probably have deployed similar countermeasures in many locations - but if true, a very good playbook for Putin, or any such lunatic, as the one portrayed in the movie, to follow. Even I, being utterly depressed and disappointed in the world, would like to witness nuclear war. Only better sooner, than later, while I still can fight, and not an old, stricken with rheumatism weakling.
Also my physical media collection, as well as anyone's else surviving, would become very valuable. Trade that MantaLab fullslip for a week's ration of buckwheat, fun times! Maybe actually kill for it, to keep both.
Which reminds me, villain's proposition in the film was very convincing, I'd have taken the 30 million, screw everything.

Anyway, counted on an old-fashioned action movie, but it's bogged down by its forced 'Message', and utter stupidity in many scenes.
If you're fighting for access to a button, don't just run for it, after hitting the enemy once - go hit the enemy while he's down another dozen times, until your knuckles break through the skull, then go for the button, and no one will stop you. But no, each of them makes that mistake inside of one fight 3-4 times.
Or, if you need a door opened, and threatening to cut off pieces - you cut off pieces, put a saw to that arm at least 5 times, let her hear and watch, don't just command to kill the guy after cutting off one pinky!
Intentionally or not, most honorable men here are the villain, and a Russian sub commander. Funny.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database