[WINNERS CHOSEN] IRON MAN Hot Toys and Manta Lab editions GIVEAWAY

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
5 prizes, 5 winners.

Two are easy to obtain, and you'll need to work a bit for the other three. Read below for T&C.

Chat away. Try to have a meaningful discussion around movies, SteelBooks, pop culture in general.

The first prize is a Hot Toys IRON MAN Mark XXXIII - Silver Centurion, in a like new condition from my collection.

The second prize is a Nimbus+ Apple Arcade Gaming Controller - Apple device not included - tested once to make sure there were no defects. You can read more about it here.

Once this thread reaches 65 pages, the third prize will be unlocked, and I will add a The Hateful Eight Secret Edition - no pack shot, sorry not sorry.

At 100 pages, the fourth and fifth prizes will be unlocked, I will add The Prestige and Blade Runner Manta Lab editions.

Winners cover their own shipping.

Click the like button of this post to indicate you read the rules.

PD1374721665p07.jpg
imgbuy_nimbusapple_001_2.png__1850x800_q100_crop-scale_optimize_subsampling-2.png
FS_overall_5000x.jpg
BR_overall_fs_2000x.jpg

I know I had promised some pictures of my matrix resurrections one click almost a week ago. I ran into the problem of not being able to attach images and send them because my images were too large to upload. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
Yeah, depending on your phone. But on android you can edit/resave with a lower resolution. Which is what I ended up doing.

Hey, good on you, dude, for quitting smoking. It's so true about having extra coin for more worthwhile purchases than tobacco. My ill was alcohol which I kicked to the curb June of 2021, so I not only feel better, but my $ situation allows for the extra premium now and then, or at least the chance to talk myself into it because I'm not spending it on Vodka and Beer.
That's good news on your situation too, keep at it as health is important. I know that demon indeed in the early noughties, to the point of blackouts and waking up in the floor and not knowing how I got there. How I do not miss them years.

2 of 10

It's hard for me to conceive the fact that this show only lasted one season. They sure packed a whallop with the time they had.

The show gives us Dr. Douglas Phillips (Robert Colbert), Dr. Anthony Newman (James Darren) as time travelers who go back in time and deal with issues historical and try to fix mistakes caused by their arrival. Veteran actor Whit Bissell played Lt. General Heywood Kirk who commanded the tunnel and its working. I would say my favorite episode, or the one that sticks with me, was when Dr. Newman ran into his much younger self and tried to warm him about his dad who would die. I'd be surprised if this wasn't streaming somewhere, and it is worth the viewing, even for an old sci fi TV show from the 60's. Heck....that's when they came up with the best stuff!!!.

933e2014fb5ae67fc1c3ca57051f1db0.jpg

Reactions: GeoRattray
11 of 10 20 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Red Dwarf (1988-)
What can I say, I like this more that Star Trek. The story of Dave Lister being the last human alive with a Cat, Rimmer, Kryten, Holly and Kochanski to keep him sane on the mining ship Red Dwarf. I remember the first episode well as List strolls the desolated ship dipping his fingers and tasking what only appears to be piles of sherbet, only to find it's the irradiated dead crew, funny as hell. Yes, the series had highs and certainly lows, but overall a great series that I do not want to end.
1664308679726.png

Another trading card series I tracked down, even with the elusive 24 carat gold plated card, only one I never did find was the Mr Fibble (as they only had 2 released that survived the manufacturing process)..
1664308814191.png

Last edited:
Reactions: gAnX
Hey @JinxyKatte, I owe you a big thanks man. Watched your Soylent Green review, a purchase that I sat on the fence for. Went in to buy it and discovered Zavvi had rearranged my addresses and defaulted to an old work address. So checked previous purchases and discovered the 80th anniversary box set of Casablanca was destined to go there. Cancelled and reordered, so saved before release date :notworthy:

Reactions: gAnX and JinxyKatte
Hey @JinxyKatte, I owe you a big thanks man. Watched your Soylent Green review, a purchase that I sat on the fence for. Went in to buy it and discovered Zavvi had rearranged my addresses and defaulted to an old work address. So checked previous purchases and discovered the 80th anniversary box set of Casablanca was destined to go there. Cancelled and reordered, so saved before release date :notworthy:
You're welcome I guess lol.

11 of 10 20 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Red Dwarf (1988-)
What can I say, I like this more that Star Trek. The story of Dave Lister being the last human alive with a Cat, Rimmer, Kryten, Holly and Kochanski to keep him sane on the mining ship Red Dwarf. I remember the first episode well as List strolls the desolated ship dipping his fingers and tasking what only appears to be piles of sherbet, only to find it's the irradiated dead crew, funny as hell. Yes, the series had highs and certainly lows, but overall a great series that I do not want to end.
View attachment 542128

Another trading card series I tracked down, even with the elusive 24 carat gold plated card, only one I never did find was the Mr Fibble (as they only had 2 released that survived the manufacturing process)..
View attachment 542129
Personally never watched it, I've heard nothing but praise for this show but does it live up to the hype in this day and age for a first time viewer? You'd think being British I would of seen this

• Wow
Reactions: RMA and JinxyKatte
2 of 10

It's hard for me to conceive the fact that this show only lasted one season. They sure packed a whallop with the time they had.

The show gives us Dr. Douglas Phillips (Robert Colbert), Dr. Anthony Newman (James Darren) as time travelers who go back in time and deal with issues historical and try to fix mistakes caused by their arrival. Veteran actor Whit Bissell played Lt. General Heywood Kirk who commanded the tunnel and its working. I would say my favorite episode, or the one that sticks with me, was when Dr. Newman ran into his much younger self and tried to warm him about his dad who would die. I'd be surprised if this wasn't streaming somewhere, and it is worth the viewing, even for an old sci fi TV show from the 60's. Heck....that's when they came up with the best stuff!!!.

View attachment 542117
It doesn’t look like it’s currently available to stream. It’s available to purchase from digital services.

Reactions: jaws finatic
Thanks! For Berserk; yes, I did see the 2016 anime and I think its just as good as the original. If my memory serves me correctly, they dive deeper from the manga source material so the 2016 version extends past the original TV ending. Much easier for a newb to follow in my opinion.
@gAnX

New Berserk is releasing later this week.

Reactions: gAnX and doblbj2k
3 of 10

Man oh man, was I all over this show like sizzle on bacon. Long before JAWS came along there was Planet of the Apes, which literally had me bouncing around the house going 'ook, ook'. Loved those movies with a sincere passion, and when CBS announced their fall schedule lineup in 1974, and this was on the list, I was ook ooking everywhere I went. lol. The TV Series followed the exploits of two astronauts, Alan VIrdon, played by Ron Harper and Peter Burke played by James Naughton, who crash land on the same planet as Taylor and Brent from the original film and Beneath, but at a different time. They are helped by their ape friend, and Apes legend Roddy McDowall, who played Galen. Star Trek Alum, and Spocks dad, Mark Lenard, played General Urko who was always hot on their trail.

When this got released on DVD it was a day one purchase!!! Another one year show that has gone down as a sci fi classic. Gives me the feels just thinking about it.
Planet_of_the_Apes_cast_1974.jpg

Reactions: gAnX and GeoRattray
12 of 10 20 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Quantum Leap (1989-1993)
I'm an avid fan of Dr Sam Beckett & Admiral Al Calavicci's adventures and a show that never would shy away from some strong topics. Unsure I would ever start watching the new series as I think this should have been left well alone IMO. Think it had a strong ending too due to the fact the science fiction brought in the concepts of higher powers through the evil leaper and entity in the last episode (God vs Devil, perhaps.)
1664562086085.png

Reactions: gAnX and RMA
13 of 10 20 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Stargate SG-1 (1997-2007)
What if you had stargates across the galaxy and with co-ordinates to other worlds, you can travel in a few seconds light years away. Well wonder no more and watch Stargate SG-1 following the adventures of Jack O'Neill, Daniel Jackson, Samantha Carter, Teal'c, George Hammond, Jonas Quinn and later on Cameron Mitchel, Hank Landry & Vala Mal Doran. I was all in for early seasons, then for reasons of University etc never had the time to revisit something I really enjoyed.
1664563180609.png

14 of 10 20 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Star Trek: Deep Space 9 (1993-1999)
I must have a thing for science fiction and space stations. I was yet again really into the first few seasons, but never followed though to the end. Do remember having fond memories of the show though.
1664563699101.png

15 of 10 20 - Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror TV Series

Joe 90 (1968-1969)
This show is great, it was on when my Aunt said casually, "was that a real hand?". Where in science fiction would it ever be introduced that you could download skills to achieve a complex mission, never, err wait, The Matrix (1999), LOL. Nearly forgot, it had a banging theme tune to boot.
1664564173610.png