UK
Release date: August 13, 2018
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £22.99

11779943-1134583557351320.jpg

11779943-1214583557418013.jpg
11779943-1674583557499730.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's actually quite a bit of fun artwork available for the movie. I went with some more out-of-the-ordinary choices for my concepts--one from an upcoming book about the movie (which looks like a Criterion cover), and one from a Little White Lies magazine cover (art by Oliver Stafford). Sorry to duplicate your back cover on one of these, @Noodles -- it just really is the obvious choice for the back cover. :)

As for the embossing on your concept, I like it. But for the title treatment, maybe emboss just the black boxes with the text, and leave the red Japanese text flat (spot-glossed)?

Isle of Dogs concept 1sm.png
Isle of Dogs concept 2sm.png

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of small the title is on that spine. Though I suppose it's different enough that it wouldn't be confused with something else!

Jeez what happened to Steelbooks over the years...the art work gets worse and worse for world wide releases.

Why don't studios realise the more contained releases like Blufans and the like are more sought after, not because of Blufans slapped on the package but how much love, care and detail goes into them all.

There's actually quite a bit of fun artwork available for the movie. I went with some more out-of-the-ordinary choices for my concepts--one from an upcoming book about the movie (which looks like a Criterion cover), and one from a Little White Lies magazine cover (art by Oliver Stafford). Sorry to duplicate your back cover on one of these, @Noodles -- it just really is the obvious choice for the back cover. :)

As for the embossing on your concept, I like it. But for the title treatment, maybe emboss just the black boxes with the text, and leave the red Japanese text flat (spot-glossed)?

View attachment 376889 View attachment 376891

Beautiful artwork!!
I love your concept!!!!:drool:

Reactions: ethnosax
I would love to see this as a premium, but without the circle on the front, and with a wrap around design to the back of the fullslip.
I have the Pretty Little Lies magazine of this and its my favorite artwork ive seen for this film so far
Oh, I agree! I couldn't find that cover without the circle (even on the artist's website), so I did the best I could.

Looks like you get a set of art cards with this now

View attachment 381738

In the description:
  • Includes 5 Collectable Character Cards
I think that may be standard for the UK release. The amaray has been listed on Amazon for a while now, showing those art cards. I like the amaray cover but am considering getting the US version just to avoid the bad dog pun on the cover.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo