It's a Wonderful Life (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [USA]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: November 17, 2020
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: 27.99

11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shouldn’t the inside art be in black and white?

Still tempting though.
The existing USA 4K UHD release the Blu-ray disc has the colorized version of the film
The Blu-ray is the older disc from 2009

If you not already aware there has been 2 versions of the film for a good few years now
Black and White
Colorized

UK 4K UHD (2 Disc amaray release) of it's a Wonderful Life
Both UHD/Blu-ray discs is Black and White version

The 4K UK release both 4K/Blu-ray discs is the remastered version
The 4K USA (2 disc amaray release) only the 4K UHD disc is the remastered version - The Blu-ray was the 2009 disc Colorized

I wonder will the steelbook have same Blu-ray disc (2009) as previously used in USA 4K Amaray release or will it this time include the black and white remastered Blu-ray disc

Last edited:
Shouldn’t the inside art be in black and white?
The classic finale
1597663264776.png
/
1597663303600.png

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Great news steelbook release for a silver-screen classic from Hollywood's Golden Age which some consider one of the cultest of cult movies (no fibbing).

Not liking the bland title treatment on the steelbook front and wishing they'd done it the same way as on the poster included here - in other words, raised the happy couple an inch keeping the wave title and (from another source) used a *still from the movie in the top left hand side dead space:-
1597663620678.png
/
1597663954167.png
/
1597665452101.png

*As it would be repetitive to use the same still as the inside art than maybe one of these:-
1597664973108.png

I can’t say I’ve ever seen the colorized version. I know it exists and is it out, but my family always watched the black and white version.

Black and white; Color. It's still one of the greatest movies ever put to film.

While I would have preferred they use the poster with the rolling title, I'm not put off at all by this steel and think it's a beautiful edition. It's not like they're off center, the Title is the wrong color, and the top of the poster is on the back of the steel or anything.

Another one of those films I never knew what the all the hype was about. Maybe you needed to see it upon release in the 30's?! Boring as hell now.

Great for sending you straight to sleep after your Xmas dinner!!
It would have been a bit difficult to have seen film in the 30's :p

It's A Wonderful Life was released in 1946

It's always been a classic and why it's still broadcast on TV every Christmas for past few decades

It's a film on most top 50/100 films lists including top films of all time
It was voted the top Christmas film of all time in 2018/2019
That's why you see it on TV every christmas to put you to sleep :rofl:

It's ending is all about good feeling christmas meant to be about family and friends getting together

Another one of those films I never knew what the all the hype was about. Maybe you needed to see it upon release in the 30's?! Boring as hell now.

Great for sending you straight to sleep after your Xmas dinner!!
Yeah - that pesky character building and story depth don’t hold a candle to today’s CGI extravaganzas that don’t worry about that stuff.

Yeah - that pesky character building and story depth don’t hold a candle to today’s CGI extravaganzas that don’t worry about that stuff.
Yeah, I must be some idiot because I don't like it!!

Don't patronise me. Jog on.....

Last edited by a moderator: