Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa (Blu-ray SteelBook)(Entertainment Store Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 3rd, 2014
Purchase link: Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa
HDN Group Buy: Click HERE
Price: £24.99
Notes: Limited to 1,000 copies

57139349_500x500_1.jpg

57139349_500x500_3.jpg

57139349_500x500_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps they cant afford to lower the price as they only have 1000 on order. They also only have 1000 because they think thats the max they could sell.

People should stop justifying / defending the price retailers ask... It has nothing to do with the low quantity. Their other releases had 4K print runs and were 24 - 27 GBP each too...

I enjoyed this at the cinema but can't see it being in my 'go to' film list. I may have bitten at their 2 Guns pricing of £17.99, but £24.99 is far too much for this.

Reactions: wjasoncul
:ordered: Funny 1st time round @ the cinema. Not sure it will be as funny 2nd time round. But... Only 1000 Copies. Count me in :thumbs:

So the only reason you are getting this is because it is "limited" to a 1000. What about the other 3000+ that other retailers around the world will be getting.:hilarious::hilarious:

People should stop justifying / defending the price retailers ask... It has nothing to do with the low quantity. Their other releases had 4K print runs and were 24 - 27 GBP each too...

The higher printrun stuff had 3d aswell justifying the price. The non 3d stuff (hansel) had a low printrun hence the higher price.

Its the same with anything a store buys in, the more you buy the cheaper you get them for. If you only order a small amount the price per item is much greater.

324 left. They are still selling surprisingly for such a random movie.

I'd imagine the first 400 were bought up by eBay sellers to sell to the American market at high prices, since they still seem to not have tired of this guff judging by the box office figures for it there lol

I'd imagine the first 400 were bought up by eBay sellers to sell to the American market at high prices, since they still seem to not have tired of this guff judging by the box office figures for it there lol

Weird, right? I remember at one point I went to the cinema in Memphis during Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa's opening weekend and there were 16 showings for it, that was crazy — though now there are 21 showings for Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas (another steelbook-worthy film for sure), go figure why :D.

On that day I went to see Prisoners (4 showings on that day) : almost no one in the room (to be fair, the film was released for a month at that point, but still). But I'm all for people avoiding the films I go to see — no popcorn, plastic bags, talking, cellphones, or inappropriate laughter, so it was great :D.

Bad Grandpa did gross $100 million at the US box-office but it did pretty well in the UK too : $10 million grossed. But it's clearly more of a US thing overall though. It's been released in France last Wednesday, in only 121 theaters (for comparison, The Hobbit has 1,028, Bad Grandpa is the 7th biggest film of the week).

I was on board with ES on Naturally Born Killers, World War Z and Forbidden Planet, and I might get 2 Guns and The Walking Dead if David allows us to order them in January, but no way I'm getting this one, even for £12. Not interested in this film at all.

Reactions: psychoscot
Cancelled mine... not sure what I was thinking when I ordered it to be honest. It's way too much to pay for a blind-buy unfortunately.

Reactions: psychoscot
Weird, right? I remember at one point I went to the cinema in Memphis during Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa's opening weekend and there were 16 showings for it, that was crazy — though now there are 21 showings for Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas (another steelbook-worthy film for sure), go figure why :D.

On that day I went to see Prisoners (4 showings on that day) : almost no one in the room (to be fair, the film was released for a month at that point, but still). But I'm all for people avoiding the films I go to see — no popcorn, plastic bags, talking, cellphones, or inappropriate laughter, so it was great :D.

Bad Grandpa did gross $100 million at the US box-office but it did pretty well in the UK too : $10 million grossed. But it's clearly more of a US thing overall though. It's been released in France last Wednesday, in only 121 theaters (for comparison, The Hobbit has 1,028, Bad Grandpa is the 7th biggest film of the week).

I was on board with ES on Naturally Born Killers, World War Z and Forbidden Planet, and I might get 2 Guns and The Walking Dead if David allows us to order them in January, but no way I'm getting this one, even for £12. Not interested in this film at all.

Just seems a very strange choice for a UK company to release this as a "special steelbook" There are so many releases that collectors actually want that they could do a print run of 4000 and pretty much sell out within a week or so. Even though this has a limited run of only a 1000 I can see eBay having this for months to come at a reasonable price.

ES just snapped few stock from media markt i gues, they already released a jackass steel so this was quite obvious to follow.

I loved this film, but there's no way I'm paying £24.99 for it. £12.99 for the steelbook then maybe