Jaws - 45th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Japanese Artwork Series #1) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: October 5, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Note: Limited to 2000 copies.
Showcasing original Japanese theatrical artwork, this essential collection perfectly blends the exuberant style of the Far East with the iconic art of Hollywood. Each release comes with a replica ‘chirashi’ mini-poster as would have been used to promote the film in Japanese cinemas, alongside the original English Language disc content.

cc20c08e-8e59-4016-a205-bcb610699fc6.jpg

99f7a5f2-7629-4cfd-98b0-4530eb6a3d8f.png
225d7408-1a45-41d1-bc44-9b11ed4d43bd.png
aed332d4-3359-486e-84a5-d823479c59af.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Japanese inspired artwork. It screams Japanese style! The rear art colours, the inner art sunset, the text. It's purpose is as described.
Liking the art is subjective as always but it should be a welcome edition when we've had like a million copies that look the same already.
It's something different and you've lost nothing if you choose not to buy it when there are plenty more options out there.
I think so far Filmarena is the nicest in terms of classic design, with CM offering up some nice alternative art. That grey Australian release (is it Australian?) is nice too.
Sure, the front and rear arts don't match on this one but if you have enough 'classic' design then displaying the rear of this would be a nice addition to your Jaws collection.

I quite like various Asian countries text, especially on Blufans quarter slips. I think the text looks pretty cool.
I only have a few of Blufans 1/4 slips, but the ones I do have I actually dig the foreign text titles on those too
:)
Same goes for the early HDzeta's, I never used to mind having the Chinese title on the spine as well as English, was never really an issue for me. If it were Chinese/foreign alone then that's different, but having both was ok IMO. Added a little je ne sais quoi shall we say :thanks:

Nice idea, but I hope it's not just another excuse to release the same films as steelbooks again.

Pass for me anyhoo... happy enough with the previous original poster art UK steel.

I like these. at least they are trying something different instead of that gcse art and design pop art shxt

the back is beautiful

Would have got this if it was £14.99 like Dual and wouldn't have minded it being just Blu-ray, don't like or understand why they released two in the same series but one 4K and the other just Blu-ray.

I’m not really a jaws fan and I don’t own the film on any format but this is f**king cool.

Love the Japanese title and the back art looks awesome. Looks classy. Might consider this one

Might be a bit modern for the choices of films this wave might go for but I wonder what the chances are of getting the Japanese style posters for IB on steelbook in this wave

aways loves these

CE73036D-5E5A-496D-B3A3-3E634384C713.jpeg

BCD91E0A-E3E8-4F4E-A5F2-53C5EC52D23A.jpeg

Reactions: milky
Yes, it's goofy (especially because the front is not really "Japanese artwork," but just the classic Kastel with a Japanese title added), but I like it, and the idea generally. I can see putting this steel into the HDZ slip, so you get what will probably be a really good lenti on front, but still the Kastel poster inside.

The impulse here is good, though—I'd love to see steels with classic poster art from the era when different countries had more freedom to design their own marketing campaigns. (And, full disclosure: yes, of course I'm thinking very much of those beautiful Polish Star Wars posters.) :)

If anyone can set up a GB for us in the US, that would be appreciated!

Reactions: willbar84 and milky