Jaws - 45th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Japanese Artwork Series #1) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

Miffed

Ginger Ninja
Premium Supporter
Jun 5, 2013
Guildford, England
Release date: October 5, 2020
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £24.99
Note: Limited to 2000 copies.
Showcasing original Japanese theatrical artwork, this essential collection perfectly blends the exuberant style of the Far East with the iconic art of Hollywood. Each release comes with a replica ‘chirashi’ mini-poster as would have been used to promote the film in Japanese cinemas, alongside the original English Language disc content.

cc20c08e-8e59-4016-a205-bcb610699fc6.jpg

99f7a5f2-7629-4cfd-98b0-4530eb6a3d8f.png
225d7408-1a45-41d1-bc44-9b11ed4d43bd.png
aed332d4-3359-486e-84a5-d823479c59af.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd written to Andrzej Dudzinski, the artist who did the poster used on the back of this steelbook. I was just curious what he thought of the poster being used as "Japanese artwork." He was gracious to reply, and here's part of what he wrote:
Thank you very much for letting me know how hmv ripped me off! Otherwise I'd probably have never known.
I'll try to go after them, we'll see.

I don't meant to say that you shouldn't enjoy the steelbook if you bought it and like it. But it feels sad to me that someone would first use a poster by a Polish artist in a "Japanese Artwork Series," and then no one even tells the artist that his work is being used. :(

I'd written to Andrzej Dudzinski, the artist who did the poster used on the back of this steelbook. I was just curious what he thought of the poster being used as "Japanese artwork." He was gracious to reply, and here's part of what he wrote:

I don't meant to say that you shouldn't enjoy the steelbook if you bought it and like it. But it feels sad to me that someone would first use a poster by a Polish artist in a "Japanese Artwork Series," and then no one even tells the artist that his work is being used. :(
I can see hmv pulling the rest off the site if they never asked for permission ..if this is true

That sounds like Cinemuseum’s doings, sad to hear big retailer doing this with a larger release.

Artwork has nothing to do with HMV
It's a release from Universal released in UK and some other countries in Europe

Artwork Universal would have the rights to use

Reactions: MrSquifler
Artwork has nothing to do with HMV
It's a release from Universal released in UK and some other countries in Europe

Artwork Universal would have the rights to use
Yep, I'm not saying anything illegal happened, but just that it seems tacky not to let the artist know his poster is being used.

If the studio owns the rights to the artwork they don't have to tell the artist sh1t

Yep, I'm not saying anything illegal happened, but just that it seems tacky not to let the artist know his poster is being used.

Depends on the contract, but with the big companies is always a BUYOUT. Meaning they do not own a sh!t to the artist. He got paid, he transferred his rights to Universal and story for him ends here. All big companies are doing a buyout ONLY for artwork to avoid tons of related issues that could stop the release or that can cause losses because of the delays. Music on the other hand is regulated in other ways and the original songwriters will keep getting money for each time movie that using their music airs. Although more and more cases can be found where buyout happens on the publishing side too.

Reactions: DMD4k