Jaws : The Revenge (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: August 16, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £17.99

Jaws 4 Front.jpg

Jaws 4 Back.jpgJaws 4 Open.jpg Jaws 4 Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so thrilled that we were getting a uniformed set for the first three Jaws films and then they announced the fourth and decided to go with a purple spine to throw off the whole thing. There is absolutely NO reason that this shouldn't have a comparable coloured spine to the rest. This just shows the inexplicable decision making that takes place at Zavvi. Luckily, I am perfectly happy staying with just the first three. If, by some chance, the spine colour is simply a mistake on the preview art I am very happy to include it in my collection. I mainly stick with the first two film when I watch it anyway, much like the Halloween series.

I was so thrilled that we were getting a uniformed set for the first three Jaws films and then they announced the fourth and decided to go with a purple spine to throw off the whole thing. There is absolutely NO reason that this shouldn't have a comparable coloured spine to the rest. This just shows the inexplicable decision making that takes place at Zavvi. Luckily, I am perfectly happy staying with just the first three. If, by some chance, the spine colour is simply a mistake on the preview art I am very happy to include it in my collection. I mainly stick with the first two film when I watch it anyway, much like the Halloween series.
How many times does it need to be pointed out that Zavvi do not make these decisions? They are the retailer, NOT the steelbook book designers. Does you local supermarket design all they products they sell? I would think not.

Yes, Zavvi have been involved in some designs in the past and have had some influence in some cases, but these have been few and far between. In the main, they just carry whatever they have been offered, which is usually WWA anyway or, least, a share of a European-wide release.

How many times does it need to be pointed out that Zavvi do not make these decisions? They are the retailer, NOT the steelbook book designers. Does you local supermarket design all they products they sell? I would think not.

Yes, Zavvi have been involved in some designs in the past and have had some influence in some cases, but these have been few and far between. In the main, they just carry whatever they have been offered, which is usually WWA anyway or, least, a share of a European-wide release.

People just like to complain about Zavvi even when there isn't anything to complain about.

I don't have any problems with their SteelBooks.

But having to give myself haircuts during the pandemic...F***in' Zavvi!

People just like to complain about Zavvi even when there isn't anything to complain about.

I don't have any problems with their SteelBooks.

But having to give myself haircuts during the pandemic...F***in' Zavvi!
I’m not quite sure I even understand the complaint. Jaws 2 has a white spine with red text. Jaws 3 has a light blue spine with red text. Jaws the revenge is a dark blue or purple spine with red text.

It seems to me the spines get progressively darker with each movie. I guess I’m missing what would count as a comparable color when the spines for 2 (white) and 3 (blue) are already different. It’s not like the spine for the fourth movie is brown or neon green. But to each their own, I guess.

Reactions: Stygian
Hey, I was bummed and I just wanted to express myself and then let it go. I know all of the spines are not coloured the same, but the first three have softer, lighter hues and the darker purple is just so much more brash in contrast. At this point I'm already over it.

As for Zavvi not having any say in their exclusives, it seems unlikely that someone within the company would not have final approval for anything representing their company. I'm a manager at Funko and our retailers have input on exclusive pieces up to production even if the original license holder has given their final design approval. Some exclusives have been refused after final production and moved to a different retailer for the most random reasons. I'm not saying it isn't true, but if it is then they are way less involved in their exclusives than they should be.

Oh, well. Not the end of the world either way.

There is no color consistency in steelbook spines because all order, all norms, all traditions are under assault in this era of color revolutions. Since George Soros and his many NGOs fund many of these color revolutions, I would not be surprised if Soros is behind undermining color consistency in steelbook spines too.
I am holed up in my home with my steelbooks, a year's supply of food and something with which to defend myself. I am prepared for the horror to come. I am not crazy, I am not crazy, I am not crazy.......... :LOL:

Hey, I was bummed and I just wanted to express myself and then let it go. I know all of the spines are not coloured the same, but the first three have softer, lighter hues and the darker purple is just so much more brash in contrast. At this point I'm already over it.

As for Zavvi not having any say in their exclusives, it seems unlikely that someone within the company would not have final approval for anything representing their company. I'm a manager at Funko and our retailers have input on exclusive pieces up to production even if the original license holder has given their final design approval. Some exclusives have been refused after final production and moved to a different retailer for the most random reasons. I'm not saying it isn't true, but if it is then they are way less involved in their exclusives than they should be.

As I mentioned in my previous response, a lot of their 'exclusives' are actually shared runs with the rest of Europe, and they are just being offered the chance to have the exclusive rights to sell the UK's share. Yes, that does mean that they could turn them down, but at the risk of a competitor taking them up instead, whereas Zavvi clearly want to be the dominant retailer of steels in the UK and seem prepared to accept a few duds in order to keep the market for the real blockbusters.

Zavvi have had a say on a few releases but very few and far between.

Things may be different in your company, but as you know, retailer exclusive means an item that is sold exclusively by a retailer, usually nothing more. It seems that Jaws: The Revenge is simply following the colour scheme it's had since the VHS days. Certainly in the UK it had a dark blue spine from CIC Video, just like Jaws 3 had a lighter blue spine on retail VHS (the rental VHS had the poster art contine on the spine).

Sure Zavvi could say they don't like the design, but all that would mean is someone else would make it their exclusive instead. If you were Zavvi would you do that?

Reactions: paulboland
... and real sweet that they're all matching with original poster art.
What's not to like about these steelbooks?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry, you're in good company

View attachment 509687I
I think he said and I quote "I've never seen the film but I have seen the house i bought for my mother with it and it's excellent"

Reactions: jasong