Slipbox JFK (4K + Blu-ray Collector's Edition Slipbox) (Shout Select) [USA]

Space Cadet

[ sexy wolfchild ]
BANNED
Premium Supporter
Nov 26, 2017
Release date: December 19, 2023
Purchase links: Shout Factory - Amazon
Price: $59.99 (Shout Factory) - $43.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Special Offer: Order from ShoutFactory.com and get an EXCLUSIVE 18" X 24" ROLLED POSTER featuring the original theatrical artwork, available while supplies last!

81DJvTBBdzL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WowHD
$52.71/£43.22/€50.07

WowHD
Free Shipping
A order with a delivery address in UK or EU country vat rate for your country is added to price at checkout (Vat is added at checkout only if order total is £135/€150 or less)

Note

If order total is more than £135/€150 vat is not added and you will have customs looking for Vat payment

Reactions: Billy Talent
Maybe it's something like this, looking at the thickness of the box: https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/i-finally-found-it-my-“holy-grail”.118079/post-2520822

Only less of the stuff...
That's the old DVD Box set
There was a better Blu-ray release in 2013
81u9-OW56JL._SL1500_.jpg

Shout Select release won't be anything like the previous Warner DVD or Blu-ray Box sets

It will likely include JFK and JFK Revisited
I expect will be 2 Amaray cases in the slipbox each with 2 discs

• Helpful Post
That's the old DVD Box set
There was a better Blu-ray release in 2013
View attachment 564548

Shout Select release won't be anything like the previous Warner DVD or Blu-ray Box sets

It will likely include JFK and JFK Revisited
I expect will be 2 Amaray cases in the slipbox each with 2 discs
I know, but BD set wasn't better in terms of physical extras, except maybe for quotations book.

But yeah, since it's not Warner's own release, they probably won't have any printed materials, as they don't usually do, so I'm kind of disappointed a UHD edition isn't being done by Warner.

I know, but BD set wasn't better in terms of physical extras, except maybe for quotations book.

But yeah, since it's not Warner's own release, they probably won't have any printed materials, as they don't usually do, so I'm kind of disappointed a UHD edition isn't being done by Warner.
Blu-ray Ultimate Set was lot better had more printed material and more discs
It has the same printed content as the DVD set in the Blu-ray Box digipack folders
Blu-ray set excluded the JFK PIn badge + The Kennedy's: America's Emerald Kings DVD that was in the DVD Set

Warner Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set

Has more contents
5 discs
Disc 1 JFK Film (Blu-ray + Extras)
Disc 2 PT 109 (1963) (DVD)
Disc 3 JFK Remembered: 50 Years Later (2013) (DVD)
Disc 4 John F. Kennedy: Years of Lightning, Day of Drums (1965) (DVD)
Disc 5 Untold History of the United States AKA Oliver Stone's Untold History (Blu-ray) 1 disc it was JFK part of that series

Printed Content
_ 32-page "Quotations of John F. Kennedy" book
- Historic "Inaugural Address" reproduction
- 14,5" x 21" reproduction campaign poster
- Reproduction of Photos and Correspondence (Note this is the same content that's in the DVD Set listed as Replica documents from the John F. Kennedy presidential library)
- 44-page "JFK movie" photo book
- Set of 6 Character Photo Cards
- 20 photos and 16 pieces of correspondence (reproduced courtesy of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum)

Blu-ray Box Set Unboxing
Not my video

Warner DVD Ultimate Box Set
3 Discs
Disc 1 Film
Disc 2 Extras
Disc 3 The Kennedy's: America's Emerald Kings

Printed Content
- 38 page hardcover book,
- Replica documents from the John F. Kennedy presidential library,
- 20 glossy photo cards with images of JFK,
- 6 double-sided glossy photo cards with pictures of actors and biographical text
Also has a JFK Pin Badge

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Blu-ray Ultimate Set was lot better had more printed material and more discs
It has the same printed content as the DVD set in the Blu-ray Box digipack folders
Blu-ray set excluded the JFK PIn badge + The Kennedy's: America's Emerald Kings DVD that was in the DVD Set

Warner Blu-ray Ultimate Box Set

Has more contents
5 discs
Disc 1 JFK Film (Blu-ray + Extras)
Disc 2 PT 109 (1963) (DVD)
Disc 3 JFK Remembered: 50 Years Later (2013) (DVD)
Disc 4 John F. Kennedy: Years of Lightning, Day of Drums (1965) (DVD)
Disc 5 Untold History of the United States AKA Oliver Stone's Untold History (Blu-ray) 1 disc it was JFK part of that series

Printed Content
_ 32-page "Quotations of John F. Kennedy" book
- Reproduction of Photos and Correspondence (Note this is the same content that's in the DVD Set listed as Replica documents from the John F. Kennedy presidential library)
- 44-page "JFK movie" photo book
- 20 photos and 16 pieces of correspondence (reproduced courtesy of the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library and Museum)

Blu-ray Box Set Unboxing
Not my video

Warner DVD Ultimate Box Set
3 Discs
Disc 1 Film
Disc 2 Extras
Disc 3 The Kennedy's: America's Emerald Kings

Printed Content
- 38 page hardcover book,
- 6 double-sided glossy photo cards with pictures of actors and biographical text
Also has a JFK Pin Badge

So printed content is the same, except for the quotations book, as I've said. :shipped:
Disc content of course better, but those can be purchased cheaper without the LE Boxset, and that was my initial point in the Grails thread, that people could save $100+.

• Helpful Post
So printed content is the same, except for the quotations book, as I've said. :shipped:
Disc content of course better, but those can be purchased cheaper without the LE Boxset, and that was my initial point in the Grails thread, that people could save $100+.
The DVD also has less printed contents more than missing the Quotations Book
DVD Set is missing other printed contents

DVD Set
38 page hardcover book,
Also has a JFK Pin Badge

Blu-ray Box Set
32-page "Quotations of John F. Kennedy" Hardcover book
- 44-page "JFK movie" photo hardcover book

The hardcover booklet is the same, they just added a couple of photo spreads and an extra intro page, and counted the pages differently.
6 dual-sided actor photos with their real-life counterparts on the back are also the same.
And the 20+16 historical photos and correspondence are almost the same, some photos are different, I don't think the DVD set has a photo of the coffin, for example.
And posters I never count, any of those big fold out maps or anything. :D

Bonus Features for UHD/Blu-ray

DISC ONE (4K UHD — DIRECTOR’S CUT):

• NEW 2023 4K UHD Director-Approved Scan Of The Original Camera Negative
  • In Dolby Vision (HDR 10 Compatible)
  • Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0
  • Audio Commentary With Director, Producer & Co-Writer Oliver Stone
DISC TWO (Blu-ray — DIRECTOR’S CUT):

• NEW 4K Director-Approved Scan From The Original Camera Negative
  • Audio Commentary With Oliver Stone
DISC THREE (Blu-ray — THEATRICAL CUT):

• NEW 4K Director-Approved Scan From The Original Camera Negative
  • Audio Commentary With Oliver Stone
DISC FOUR (Blu-ray — BONUS FEATURES):

• NEW “One Person Can Make A Difference” – Oliver Stone On JFK
  • NEW “Stone Bold” – Cinematographer Robert Richardson On JFK
  • NEW “Brave New Worlds” – Editor Hank Corwin On JFK
  • NEW “Supporting The Vision” – Co-Producer Clayton Townsend On JFK
  • NEW “Re-Creating The Unthinkable” – Special Makeup Effects Artist Gordon J. Smith On JFK
  • NEW “The Delicate Hands Of Time” – Dallas Location Manager Patty Doherty Hess On JFK
  • 12 Deleted And Extended Scenes/Alternate Ending (With Optional Commentary By Oliver Stone)
  • “Assassination Updated”
  • “Meet Mr. X: The Personality And Thoughts Of Fletcher Prouty”
  • Still Gallery
  • Theatrical Trailer

• Informative
I wish they'd release just the UHD disc of DC with the bonus BD with new extras, for half the price, and without a box. Just want those 2 discs to put in one of the better previous physical editions.

I wish they'd release just the UHD disc of DC with the bonus BD with new extras, for half the price, and without a box. Just want those 2 discs to put in one of the better previous physical editions.
I can't disagree about a standalone 4K disc. During Black Friday I picked up a French slipbox set from Fnac with blu-rays of the director's cut (I have the theatrical on iTunes), the JFK Revisited documentary, and Destiny Betrayed for about $24USD (shipping inc). I thought that was better for the money than this 4K set. If it means missing out on the 4K, then I can live with that.