John Wick (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 23, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Saturday May 25 @ around 6pm UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Debossed title

D7UqW0QX4AARcx7.jpg

Last edited:
Ahhh shame

No little goodies like the third films release

Was hoping for same overall package with a coin/blood marker etc

Hopefully the art for the third film will match nicely.

Going off this and JW2 art what do people think the art for the third films going to be?

Not exactly art fresh compared to previous releases with only differences appearing minor compared to the similarities - as in more flying embers, title across his stomach instead of across his knees and name missing above his head ... considering the mock-up for pt. 2 it looks like the art for Part 1 is well chosen with more than a few similarities between them ...
.... comparing Part 2 to what's gone before: same pose but that's about it:-
Japan ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- vs. UK ---------------------------I I --------- UK ---------------------- vs. -------------- US, Germany etc. ------I
1558704946711.png
/
1558705126460.png
+
1558705091358.png
/
1558706052342.png

Thankfully just the steelbooks for these two and not forced to pay more if one just wants the steelbooks without goodies.

New John Wick Steelbook is different artwork to previous Zavvi steelbook
Previous Zavvi steelbook was not 4K
That's what makes me furious. Now I need to rebuy the first movie to have the trilogy with the same steelbook structure. I bet they will redesign them with the 4th and 5th chapters. If I had known that, I would have bought the amaray, and that's it.

That's what makes me furious. Now I need to rebuy the first movie to have the trilogy with the same steelbook structure. I bet they will redesign them with the 4th and 5th chapters. If I had known that, I would have bought the amaray, and that's it.
4K UHD Steelbook was rare in 2017 very few releases in UK back then

Steelbook re releases are nothing new happens often some will have new artwork or new disc content