John Wick (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 23, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Saturday May 25 @ around 6pm UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Debossed title

D7UqW0QX4AARcx7.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you Zavvi for the middle finger to all those who bought the first movie's black friday steelbook. I'm so annoyed.

But this is what happens with steelbooks all the time, from every retailer in every country. I get so tired of the Zavvi bashing on this forum sometimes.

Zavvi, like every retailer is going to milk steelbook sales for all they're worth. Besides, it's the distributors who decide what gets produced, Zavvi just decide if they want the exclusive or not. You can blame Warner for this if you really want to blame someone. Sure, John Wick is getting a rerelease from Warner in a 4K steelbook (like 2001 among others) but we're also getting John Wick 2 for the first time in a UK steelbook. How many times have we seen a VHS/DVD/Blu-ray/steelbook cover get redone to match the latest sequel? Don't even think about book covers. You get the first 10 Stephen King novels with one design, then the first 15 with another, then the first 20 with another, so on and so forth.

No one's forcing you to upgrade or buy every version ever. It's your choice what you do.

Would you accuse BMW or Ford or Citroen for bringing out a newer model of car a year after you bought yours of giving you the middle finger?

But this is what happens with steelbooks all the time, from every retailer in every country. I get so tired of the Zavvi bashing on this forum sometimes.

Zavvi, like every retailer is going to milk steelbook sales for all they're worth. Besides, it's the distributors who decide what gets produced, Zavvi just decide if they want the exclusive or not. You can blame Warner for this if you really want to blame someone. Sure, John Wick is getting a rerelease from Warner in a 4K steelbook (like 2001 among others) but we're also getting John Wick 2 for the first time in a UK steelbook. How many times have we seen a VHS/DVD/Blu-ray/steelbook cover get redone to match the latest sequel? Don't even think about book covers. You get the first 10 Stephen King novels with one design, then the first 15 with another, then the first 20 with another, so on and so forth.

No one's forcing you to upgrade or buy every version ever. It's your choice what you do.

Would you accuse BMW or Ford or Citroen for bringing out a newer model of car a year after you bought yours of giving you the middle finger?
anigif_enhanced-9174-1425343344-23.gif
hlUkLVX.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Hereticz

Well said!

Just like the MCU, you can never have enough and if you think there are too many then walk away.

I wanna pre-order both JW1 and JW2 at the same time in order to save shipping cost. I hope JW1 won't sell out by the time JW2 goes live on Sunday. XD

• Thanks
Reactions: milky
I wonder why this costs 10£ more than Halloween 4k? Makes no sense...!
Halloween £14.99 price was an error

Zoom and Zavvi corrected price

Zavvi listing is updated with price £24.99 but is sold out
Zoom removed it from their website before correcting price.
Don't be surprised if Zoom do not dispatch orders done at £14.99

When Halloween 4K steelbook returns live on zoom and zavvi price will be £24.99

Last edited:
Reactions: monterock
Halloween £14.99 price was an error

Zoom and Zavvi corrected price

Zavvi listing is updated with price £24.99 but is sold out
Zoom removed it from their website before correcting price.
Don't be surprised if Zoom do not dispatch orders done at £14.99

When Halloween 4K steelbook returns live on zoom and zavvi price will be £24.99

Do you think Zavvi will dispatch orders at 14.99?

Do you think Zavvi will dispatch orders at 14.99?
I don't know to be honest
Zavvi was £15.99 but price they list now is £24.99

If they charge and ship orders at cheaper price those that ordered will know when they get dispatch emails.

Retailers are covered though in terms and conditions if price error has happened they are not obliged to complete order

Contract of sale is not done until payment has been taken and order dispatched