John Wick (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Novamedia Exclusive #26) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 7, 2020
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti (Pre-order July 24 at 10 PM Korea time - UTC +9)
Price: $45.99 (Full Slip) - $46.99 (Lenti)
Group buys: hosted by Aniv One Click - Full Slip - Lenti
Note: One 4K disc (feature + supplements).
Full Slip limited to 1500 numbered copies
Lenti limited to 1500 numbered copies

1B6881DB-09D2-4411-B4A3-C18422659CF7.jpeg763003BA-8F80-4495-A140-DF359DF4D4DF.jpeg
105401474_2517974471639643_7836783878714024617_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
from previous highs of the past suddenly to sub-standard re-releases, Nova... :(

ok, i'll admit that the slips (notably full slip) are much better than the steels, which i really dislike. the 'streaky' finish kills it for me. (n) i guess i am probably more irked about the re-release aspect and the cash-grab feel i get from that, but then i am not running a business. :LOL: i get the same feeling with zavvi (re-)re-releases, the HDZeta 4k re-releases, and would with any others. but of course it's good that people who missed the (definitely superior) initial releases have the chance to get these, and now with 4K.

in summary...

ok, i'll admit that the slips (notably full slip) are much better than the steels, which i really dislike. the 'streaky' finish kills it for me. (n) i guess i am probably more irked about the re-release aspect and the cash-grab feel i get from that, but then i am not running a business. :LOL: i get the same feeling with zavvi (re-)re-releases, the HDZeta 4k re-releases, and would with any others. but of course it's good that people who missed the (definitely superior) initial releases have the chance to get these, and now with 4K.

in summary...

It is not in Nova’s behavior to do this kind of practice, they have never done a re-release of their exclusive. I assume that they must have been also hit financially because of the covid-19. But that is just a guess. And to chose JW for this, I think it might have been the perfect choice of a title.

At first I disliked the steel(like you), but once all the videos have been released I actually ended up loving it(it grew on me over the last week). It has an element of classiness to it. Both slips go very well with the Steelbook. It will sit nicely beside my 2 original BOXSETs of JW2 and JW3. At least they put the effort of creating and UHD disk to have an added value for those who do not own it. I love that Nova take the effort to also create an unique artwork for the disk itself.

Maybe they created this release mainly for their local customer that in Korea no UHD existed for JW. Overall I think it a classy package, give it a second look ;)

NOVA EXCLUSIVE <John Wick> 4K UHD STEELBOOK SPECIAL GFIT

NE. 026 <John Wick> : Key Holder
NE. 027 <John Wick 2> : John Wick PVC Patch
NE. 028 <John Wick 3> : Continental Hotel Metal Card

Thank you
NOVA MEDIA

55D3F58F-3148-41EA-9398-1A7082A0DB81.jpeg

Reactions: MrSquifler
NOVA EXCLUSIVE NO. 26 <John Wick 1> 4K UHD STEELBOOK Full Package Live.

- Exclusive SteelBook.
- Full Slip
- Lenticular Full Slip
- Upsize Poster card 5ea
- Special Gift : Key Holder

Pre-order date/time: 24th Jul, 2020. 10 PM (Korea Time, UTC+9)
Release date/time: 7th Aug, 2020

Thank you
NOVA MEDIA

2269EC9C-FE56-4FEE-8FFD-68CFAEDE88FD.jpeg

Hmm might pass on this after all... hate the idea of pre-ordering without knowing what the slips for the other two will look like and therefore not being able to match them to my liking.

Reactions: tommyh84 and Shark
I’ve been flip-flopping. Got the FAC (Devil edition) of JW1 and that’s hard to better in my opinion. Got Nova’s fullslip of JW2 and I prefer that steel to the new 4K steel.... JW3 i didn’t even go premium.

Feeling left out, this and Birds of Prey, like both, want neither films. Sold my nova lenti of JW3. Have them all on 4K in Amazon set. Don’t think POP warrants a premium.

Bought Hamburger Hill to feel better!

Good luck all

Reactions: jailbird_joey