John Wick: Chapter 2 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 23, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Sunday May 26 @ around 6 PM UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Debossed title

D7UqW0VW0AEaWDH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
UK 4K UHD Disc of John Wick Chapter 2 has the uncut version

John Wick Chapter 1 was uncut in UK in cinema and home media releases (no cuts)

UK John Wick Chapter 2 was Cut in UK for Cinema/Blu-ray/DVD releases) 15 Cert (23 seconds cut)
UK John Wick Chapter 2 (4K UHD disc is Uncut Version 18 cert)
Thanks.. which means avvoid JWC2 UK 4k disc, if wanted both 4k and Bluray uncut..

Last edited:
Thanks.. which means avvoid CWC2 UK 4k disc, if wanted both 4k and Blu-ray uncut..
John Wick Chapter 2 UK 4K UHD is 100% uncut version 18 Cert
Blu-ray I doubt warner done new pressing of discs to have uncut on Blu-ray Disc

Blu-ray disc likely be existing disc stock 15 cert cut

• Thanks
Reactions: monterock
Oof. Yeah, no backs and Chapter 3 forward being Lionsgate worldwide (instead of Warner like these two steelbooks) meaning no matching steelbooks for sequels, pretty much means insta-cancel from me.

Reactions: Mike Haley
Using inside art from the first film is more of an insult to me than no back cover. Both are lazy, but surely it takes the same amount of time to choose a screengrab from the correct film over the other? Probably a cancel here too, shame since chapter 2 is my favourite of the series... :(

Not too unusual to have no art inside and extremely rare to have no art - just the title - on the front and now no art on the back something more usually seen on boutique label steelbooks such as from Arrow and Eureka rather than from the major distributors . . . now seems to be spreading like a rash to the major distributors that have already given us:
- Tiny back art (eg. new TOY STORY 1-3 4K steels)
- Logo and text only (eg. JURASSIC PARK 1-4 4K steels)
- Title only (eg. latest SKULL ISLAND and IT: CHAPTER ONE)
and now neither art nor text

Not too bothered about this development if the front art is good like here on the two JW steels and admit to preferring a clean back to the fully printed backs from the early days of steelbooks.

I hate to say it but the lack of art on the back of this and chapter one might be a deal breaker for me. There’s plenty of other release vying for my cash and I have the superior Nova releases anyway. I’ll just buy 4K discs and swap them out.

Even though there's no rear art, which is disappointing, I actually really like this one. As I've said in my Instagram post, the debossing on the title is quite sharp and colours used are very nice

i like this one too.. will order when it comes back in stock..

I pre ordered these thinking it would be a uniform collection for all three movies. Unfortunately Parabellum went its own psycadellic way (none of which I've liked so far), and the first movie didn't look as nice as the previous UK steelbook that I own, so I cancelled that. Kept this one ordered though as i dont have a steelbook of this film, the art and colours are really striking without being over the top like Parabellum. The only down side is I now need to find a nice Parabellum steelbook that doesn't use this JW2 photo!