John Wick: Chapter 2 (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: September 23, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Sunday May 26 @ around 6 PM UK time)
Price: £24.99
Notes: Debossed title

D7UqW0VW0AEaWDH.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
For non premium retailer steelbooks I don't care about back artwork, inside artwork, recycled artwork, inaccurate artwork, artwork from previous movies, disc artwork, titles on the front, gloss, embossing or debossing.

Just as long as the image on the front of the steelbook is pleasing and not crap.

That's all I care about.

If anybody really expects a steelbook to have any of the above then don't pre-order steelbooks.

Stick to the premium retailers because in 2019 if you want any of these features then what you are requesting is a "premium" steelbook.
There are no more "lazy" or "boring" or "missed opportunities" on non premium retailer steelbooks.

They are what they are now. :)
I think that's a bit of a silly thing to say, I preorder any studio canal steel book I like because I know it's going to have front, back and inside artwork and most likely be full gloss I.e. it will be of high quality. I don't get how you can expect people to pay £25, a premium price tag for something that is this lazy, it cost me £40-£44 (including shipping) for my nova red slip of JW2 and it's ludicrous what we get compared to what we're being asked to pay. Yes it comes with the 4k but I can get both 1+2 for less than £25 together, I would assume most people on here have some form of Jw 1 or 2 already since its been out on blu ray and 4k a rather long time now. So to have them release this after no initial JW UK steelbooks and coax us SB collectors into most likely a re-purchase, they should put a bit of effort in. Tl:Dr stop expecting the bare minimum or that's all well ever get. I said before this is my last Warner bros steelbook purchase for a reason, im not getting coaxed into buying anymore, they give us (me) bad and lazy products, why should we pay premium prices for lackluster products. Also I agree, I will stick to premium retailers because they don't all ways try to rip you off

Also to add, am i the only one that thinks its fishy that only images of the front cover went up for months, I know you could say that happens with other steelbooks but they just happened not to show the lack of artwork and let the people buying the product know what the they're getting? Is it so hard to be transparent with you're consumers? I wouldn't of been annoyed if we just knew beforehand, I can't be only one to feel like this? Surely?

If there is one thing I regret about collecting Steelbooks it is the number of mediocre and downright atrocious Steelbooks I have bought over the years. If I could go back 10 years I would focus on quality over quantity.

If there is one thing I regret about collecting Steelbooks it is the number of mediocre and downright atrocious Steelbooks I have bought over the years. If I could go back 10 years I would focus on quality over quantity.

*stares at all the cheap German steelbooks on the shelf*

Yeah, definitely. I went through this period where I was just buying any old rubbish because it was a steelbook. Even films I had no interest in. I maintain a strict policy of not buying anything that I wouldn't want to own on disc anyway these days.

Also to add, am i the only one that thinks its fishy that only images of the front cover went up for months, I know you could say that happens with other steelbooks but they just happened not to show the lack of artwork and let the people buying the product know what the they're getting? Is it so hard to be transparent with you're consumers? I wouldn't of been annoyed if we just knew beforehand, I can't be only one to feel like this? Surely?

Like I said, so don't pre-order steelbooks. Wait for in hand pictures like some others do.

I think that's a bit of a silly thing to say, I preorder any studio canal steel book I like because I know it's going to have front, back and inside artwork and most likely be full gloss I.e. it will be of high quality. I don't get how you can expect people to pay £25, a premium price tag for something that is this lazy, it cost me £40-£44 (including shipping) for my nova red slip of JW2 and it's ludicrous what we get compared to what we're being asked to pay. Yes it comes with the 4k but I can get both 1+2 for less than £25 together, I would assume most people on here have some form of Jw 1 or 2 already since its been out on blu ray and 4k a rather long time now. So to have them release this after no initial JW UK steelbooks and coax us SB collectors into most likely a re-purchase, they should put a bit of effort in. Tl:Dr stop expecting the bare minimum or that's all well ever get. I said before this is my last Warner bros steelbook purchase for a reason, im not getting coaxed into buying anymore, they give us (me) bad and lazy products, why should we pay premium prices for lackluster products. Also I agree, I will stick to premium retailers because they don't all ways try to rip you off

I don't consider WWA steelbooks or steelbook releases of catalogue titles a premium product and I don't consider £25 a premium price. If I did then I would spend my money on something more worthwhile.

Steelbooks aren't a necessity of life.

For non premium retailer steelbooks I don't care about back artwork, inside artwork, recycled artwork, inaccurate artwork, artwork from previous movies, disc artwork, titles on the front, gloss, embossing or debossing.

Just as long as the image on the front of the steelbook is pleasing and not crap.

That's all I care about.

If anybody really expects a steelbook to have any of the above then don't pre-order steelbooks.

Stick to the premium retailers because in 2019 if you want any of these features then what you are requesting is a "premium" steelbook.
There are no more "lazy" or "boring" or "missed opportunities" on non premium retailer steelbooks.

They are what they are now. :)
your copy arrived my friend..
JW2NotCrap.jpg

:rofl:
when i read your comment i couldn't help but make this (lol)

anyway hope you don't take this too seriously :rofl:
peace

Like I said, so don't pre-order steelbooks. Wait for in hand pictures like some others do.
That's simply not possible when JW 1+2 sell out on preorder. I would do it if it didn't mean paying £10-£20 more on ebay. If we got in hand photos released by the distributer before relase on say instagram,
then maybe I'd agree.

Yes, seem to have gone from one extreme to the other - from fully printed backs with everything that was later to be on J-cards and O-rings ...
10,000 BC (July 2008) UK
1569205155586.png

... to plain painted backs (pretty as they are matching the spines) ...
JW 2 (September 2019) UK:-
1569245394703.png

Regarding the finish - strange no mention of this from the manufacturer's listing . . . only of the treatment:-
1569245003105.png

Reactions: STUBANKS
Got my order in for both of them since I missed out on the pre-order.

Are these cancelled pre-orders? They could be returns from from people that didn't like it or being really fussy over small defects so they might not be in prefect condition