John Wick: Chapter 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Netherlands]

bigfub

Dreaming Dredd Ninja
Premium Supporter
Sep 13, 2012
Warwick, UK
Release date: June 22, 2017
Purchase links: Bol - MediaMarkt - Proxis (ships internationally)
Price: €17.99 (Bol - MM) - €20.01 (Proxis)
Notes: full glossy varnish
Group buys:

USA HUB - USA MEMBERS ONLY
UK HUB - UK MEMBERS ONLY

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg
http://steelbook.com/releases/john-wick-2-steelbook-edition/

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear customer,

All packages are dispatched at your own risk.

You can sent them back to us on your own costs.

When they are returned, you will get a credit code to order a new one.

We’ll make sure to sent them in a better package.

If you find the postage cost too high, we can propose to sent you a voucher of €5 for the damaged box.

Anyway, please accept our apologies for the discomfort.

With regards,

Customer Service Proxis

I got the exact same response. Are you sending it back?

I'm nervous for you. On occasion steels surprisingly arrive undamaged in a jiffy but more often than not there is damage so my fingers are crossed for you. :thumbs:

I know zavvi haven't got the best packaging but I'll take their boxes over a jiffy any day.
@chunk , you are my lucky charm, it is mint :OMG:. When I saw the package below really bad thoughts raced around my head. Sorry to hear about everyone who got a banged up copy :sorry:..
SiGI5h.jpg

Jj6eQi.jpg

SLteqz.jpg

Received mine yesterday from Proxis in an envelope, and thank god it is flawless. Is a real nice steelbook, very colorful and good finish. With title and gun embossed it would have been one of the best steels ever. Anyway, the best steel of John Wick 2 out there IMHO.

• Thanks
Reactions: bobberino
Here is my reply from proxis

Dear customer,

All packages are dispatched at your own risk.

You can sent them back to us on your own costs.

When they are returned, you will get a credit code to order a new one.

We’ll make sure to sent them in a better package.

If you find the postage cost too high, we can propose to sent you a voucher of €5 for the damaged box.

Anyway, please accept our apologies for the discomfort.

With regards,

Customer Service Proxis

Never again will I shop with them.. I wouldn't even give them my money via a gb.
We will send in better packaging next time???? If they'd sent in decent packaging the first time I wouldn't have a dented bent steel.

Does anyone know how much this would cost to send from the UK back to proxis?

And they say if the postage is too high they would give me a €5 voucher.. what an earth would I want a voucher for when I'd never shop with them again.. sorry for the :mad: post but these guys are something else

Did you pay by CC? I'd just raise it with them if you did. Maybe they'll give you a full refund and claim it back from Proxis. Shocking customer service that is.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk and smileyx9
I see only praise here, that´s good, but really? Nobody else is disappointed by the finish? Colors aside, just quality of the artwork and finish....

Maybe I´m too spoiled ˇˇ

Btw received one from bol.com and luckily no damage whatsoever.

And one more thing, I will post it in trade thread as well, but since Im here, anyone interested in trading BB one for this one? :angel::whistle::coffee:

• Thanks
Reactions: metal hunter
I see only praise here, that´s good, but really? Nobody else is disappointed by the finish? Colors aside, just quality of the artwork and finish....

Maybe I´m too spoiled ˇˇ

And one more thing, I will post it in trade thread as well, but since Im here, anyone interested in trading BB one for this one? :angel::whistle::coffee:

I do not have this in hand but fully agree with you. That is the reason I did not order this one. Was tempted, but the real life pics disappointed me. Don't understand the hype...

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Yes in hand this is a real beauty, nice colours and nice finish. Both Back art and front art are excellent, only downside are the printed logos, but I can live with that.

Maybe I´m too spoiled ˇˇ

I'd be interested but we'd need to do a larger trade of 3 steelbooks to make shipping worth it

Maybe I´m too spoiled ˇˇ

I agree, feel the colours are very washed out. Obviously not feeling the printed logos, also don't like the font used for the title, looks cheap to me, especially on the spine.

It's fine for me, a damn good looking steel it is and uncut (I assume) unlike the U.K. Release

The UK release is cut????

Do we know what's cut and why?

Also, why is one person from the UK getting to keep two copies and get everything refunded while other members have to pay to return a sole copy? Surely you could quote this inconsistency to them when complaining?

I agree, feel the colours are very washed out. Obviously not feeling the printed logos, also don't like the font used for the title, looks cheap to me, especially on the spine.

The cuts were made at the request of the distributor to achieve a particular category. To obtain this category cuts of 0m 23s were required. Details of cuts below may contain spoilers or plot details.

Company chose to reduce bloody injury detail in a suicide scene in order to obtain a 15 classification. Cuts made in accordance with BBFC Guidelines and policy. An uncut 18 classification was available.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
The UK release is cut????

Do we know what's cut and why?

Also, why is one person from the UK getting to keep two copies and get everything refunded while other members have to pay to return a sole copy? Surely you could quote this inconsistency to them when complaining?
Not the same company. Bol.com and Proxies have different response

Reactions: BluSteel2012