May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 3 Votes
Title: John Wick: Chapter 4

Genre: Action, Crime, Thriller

Director: Chad Stahelski

Cast: Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne

Release: 2021-05-21

Plot: Continues where John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum left off.

Wow, just wow, wire-to-wire action driving a very engaging story line with new characters played perfectly by acting legends in my opinion. It's a Sunday morning matinee for us at the local IMAX theater which was packed quite surprisingly. Also to keep in step with the amazing fight choreography is the equally wonderful cinematography - beautiful and so engaging to watch. Highly recommended to watch this on the largest screen possible with Dolby Atmos. The audio mix, man oh man, just details and yet such "power" in not only the gunshots but the clash and crash of steel and glass.

At the moment, I am glad they released one film because the length of this presentation vanished under the seamless continuity of the direction and editing. Sure they could have made more money with 2 releases but I am quite sure this team is not interested in $$. 4.8 out of 5.0.

Saw this yesterday and thought it was a really fun movie. The first is still my favorite of the series because of the wife and the dog but this was definitely the best of the sequels. That overhead panning action shot was awesome. They continue to deliver innovation in the “gun fu” genre while building on the world’s lore. Strap in and enjoy the over 2 1/2 hours of non stop action. Highly recommend checking this out in theaters, IMAX if possible.

I think I'm going to try and see this sometime this upcoming weekend, fingers crossed everything goes well!

Reactions: ash333
"JW5" could be the prequel of the beginning of the High Table and genesis of JW with the trilogy ending in the destruction or downfall of the HT brought about by the league of assassins.

john_wick_chapter_four_ver28.jpeg

Reactions: milky
Still can't stop thinking about this film. Reckon this'll be my favourite film of 2023, depends on Mission Impossible

saw yesterday. big sound in the first act, with repetitive fight manuevers and what sounded like toungue&cheek delivery of the dialogue, was about to become laughable for me. but alas, once we got to Paris, O-yeah! love the tribute to that 70's cult classic in the Paris segment as well.

Even more ridiculous in the sense of dancing rave club patrons while people are being beaten, shot, and killed with a hatchet next to them, only suddenly noticing in about 15 mins, and starting running, like NPCs.
Also same old bulletproof High Table soldiers, bulletproof suits on everyone now, but the street gangs still dumb enough to attack Wick for the coveted millions, similar glass room fight, etc.
But the second half, the whole Paris quadruple sequence on the streets, in the house, on the stairs, and the duel, set to great music, are so good, I don't really want to nitpick.

They really put an ending point though, so I don't know why they resumed talks of another sequel. I didn't like how it ended, unfair to the character, but it's a definite end.
They could add a spin to it, of course...

P.S. Nice to hear Plastic Heart melody from the second Wick used throughout as a newfound main score theme. It was the best part of that score, I'm glad they realized that.
Also a few new tracks by Le Castle Vania for the fight scenes, and featured a Maria Brink from In This Moment song "I Would Die for You".

Reactions: Billy Talent