Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2017
Release date: TBA
Pre-order date (HDzeta site and GB): TBA
Group buy: TBA
Notes: WEA SteelBook

1759642573_HDZJokerSteelbook.jpeg.31e838d3f629383c08b22ae3e5c45b02.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Didnt they say they would be embossing all wea steels after man of steel? Im sure i read something like that

yep but wouldn't count on it, dont see any 4k logo either do you? that was promised also

be nice if they could tell us if shazam is dead or not. its just pissing me off moving onto joker.
i reckon they do this, then tell us shazam is dead.
cos if it is this is this out the window for me.
dont see the point in collecting dc if there not doing them all, my ocd wont allow it.

basil :rolleyes:

Manta Lab will destroy this text-steelbook.

giphy.gif

They’re gonna do what the studio wants them to do. Do you remember their Man of Steel steelbook? That too had a row of billing across the top like every other steelbook, even the new HDZeta one couldn’t escape it!

Though, Manta may have a better steelbook anyway. I love their WEA Ready Player One Steelbook waaaay more than HDZeta’s but to counter that I love the HDZeta DL more than the Manta slips so I did a whole swapperoo with that one.

HDZeta WEAs, man, they’ve all been pretty mediocre to me. Except Interstellar, one rare stunning steelbook from them. IIRC that was when they were in the midst of a supplier change and if that’s why their Steelbooks haven’t been as good since, then the supplier they’ve chosen maybe wasn’t the best choice.

I discussed Shazam with a guy on fb who deals directly with HDZeta and the apparent cancellation. He checked with them and said Shazam is still coming. He even went as far to say if they can release Joker then they can release Shazam.

I suppose we'll wait and see but it'll be pretty crap if Shazam does get missed as it breaks the continuity of the set - it's things like this that cause incomplete collections that's a put off with collecting these high end editions

I discussed Shazam with a guy on fb who deals directly with HDZeta and the apparent cancellation. He checked with them and said Shazam is still coming. He even went as far to say if they can release Joker then they can release Shazam.

Thanks for the insider tidbit which helps my reassurance that HDZeta are 100% fully dedicated to their DC Flagship Line. I have no doubt that Shazam! will continue ahead as planned for them since the whole Manta cancelling Shazam! was abit of a knee jerk reaction without taking into account FilmArena and Zeta already have plans to release Shazam! in the near future. Just like he says if Zeta can release Joker (which honestly I thought we would be only lucky enough to get a discless silver) and MoS years later after announcement I’m sure they will have no trouble with Shazam! even though it’s obviously had a few setbacks. Looking at their release schedule I would say a preorder Late Jan / Early Feb for Shazam! as they still have to pump out The Girl in the Spider’s Web, IT : Chapter 2 and The Shawshank Redemption.

Last edited:
Reactions: Covcraig
I went to the theatre tonight for the first time since April to see Joker. I gotta say this movie sucked!

I can't believe this movie has pulled in over a billion dollars at the box office. It is so not worthy.

Yes, that is just my opinion. :LOL:

I went to the theatre tonight for the first time since April to see Joker. I gotta say this movie sucked!

I can't believe this movie has pulled in over a billion dollars at the box office. It is so not worthy.

Yes, that is just my opinion. :LOL:

Thanks for voicing your opinion, I was going to blind buy this, but I’ll make sure to watch it before purchasing any premium :thumbs:

Reactions: Stygian
Good idea. I would definitely advise against blind buying. This is a movie that I will never watch again even though they are making a sequel.

Yes not too much of a DC or Marvel movies, I’m very selective with those purchases. I was seeing praise about it, but now I must watch before purchase.

Saw Joker a couple of weeks ago. Went in with no expectations at all; came out thinking "what an absolutely brilliant film!"

Definitely not another typical superhero romp (and I enjoy those, too :)), but easily one of the best films I've seen in a while.

I saw this movie again at the pictures just a few days after seeing it. It’s brilliant. I’d be watching it again if there was a good copy floating about. Can’t wait to own it so I can give it another watch

Status
Not open for further replies.