paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 27. 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £20.42 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zavvi - HMV)

91Tg6cf1i6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Picked this up cheap on Black Friday, never seen it or heard of it until then. Liked the art and watched an unboxing and It looked great. One of the best finishes I’ve seen on a steel in a while.

25C13639-A012-462E-93BC-C91BA3F4FF9D.jpeg

034D414F-5BC2-4667-990C-9C0F7AE67C59.jpeg
BBFD1354-3894-4F69-AB79-D01A53BCDB11.jpeg
4CFBAC17-D9B6-4DAC-9523-2EE5FF0FC3AA.jpeg
CDA5185C-C0F3-4665-8220-5152811F92CA.jpeg
E58BCF19-8092-4E10-939B-B261CE83B81E.jpeg
CF268A38-1D71-458E-AD76-67E6B94D2B94.jpeg
E5B6805A-1A00-435B-B9F9-A248A0E71D82.jpeg
4B1F90B3-A97C-48AB-BA27-1B0542DC7041.jpeg
FA212FE2-A53A-4ED8-8862-F89AF955AB82.jpeg

Picked this up cheap on Black Friday, never seen it or heard of it until then. Liked the art and watched an unboxing and It looked great. One of the best finishes I’ve seen on a steel in a while.

View attachment 569220

Its a great film. You'll enjoy it especially if you liked S1 of JJK

Reactions: Flloydo
That looks awesome. Never heard of it either, and can't say I watch any "new" anime except for Makoto Shinkai stuff, which is quite obviously nothing like this! Worth a punt at £10 from HMV, so I've ordered it. Sounds as though it's a standalone prequel to a series, and well reviewed, so hopefully I like it.

I really like JJK, and this movie was really good, but even at a low price I'm not sure about this. With TV series I either want the entire thing in steelbook or nothing at all.

I really like JJK, and this movie was really good, but even at a low price I'm not sure about this. With TV series I either want the entire thing in steelbook or nothing at all.
Unlike the Demon Slayer film, this film is separate to the anime so may not get this in a "box set" format of a steelbook

I've just finished watching this, and I really enjoyed it. Moreso than the series actually. It's a self contained story, and a good linear introduction to the series.

Now I know it's a prequel film, but as it came out after season 1, I chose to watch that first. I wish I hadn't.. there was so much going on that I didn't understand, that makes far more sense now that I've seen this film.. :rofl:

Season 1 was a bit all over the place. Full of people/plot points I wasn't familiar with, and not exactly linear storytelling either. So it was pretty hard for me to follow.

Season 2 wraps up at the end of next week, so that's perfect timing for a binge over Christmas. Hopefully I'll enjoy that more now that season 1 makes more sense, thanks to this film!

Reactions: alaminblah
I've just finished watching this, and I really enjoyed it. Moreso than the series actually. It's a self contained story, and a good linear introduction to the series.

Now I know it's a prequel film, but as it came out after season 1, I chose to watch that first. I wish I hadn't.. there was so much going on that I didn't understand, that makes far more sense now that I've seen this film.. :rofl:

Season 1 was a bit all over the place. Full of people/plot points I wasn't familiar with, and not exactly linear storytelling either. So it was pretty hard for me to follow.

Season 2 wraps up at the end of next week, so that's perfect timing for a binge over Christmas. Hopefully I'll enjoy that more now that season 1 makes more sense, thanks to this film!
S2 is really good especially if you're into anime fights. Although, some episodes you may see a dip in animation quality. There have been a lot of issues with the studios and overworking. Think JJK S2 should have came out a little later. Nonetheless, still a great season

Reactions: samdavies
S2 is really good especially if you're into anime fights. Although, some episodes you may see a dip in animation quality. There have been a lot of issues with the studios and overworking. Think JJK S2 should have came out a little later. Nonetheless, still a great season
Good to know. I do like anime fights, for sure. I just hope it makes a bit more sense than S1 did. Hopefully it will, given I know the backstory now. The non linear storytelling of S1 was a bit off-putting too, I regularly had to check I was actually watching episodes in the right order lol

Good to know. I do like anime fights, for sure. I just hope it makes a bit more sense than S1 did. Hopefully it will, given I know the backstory now. The non linear storytelling of S1 was a bit off-putting too, I regularly had to check I was actually watching episodes in the right order lol
S2 is still non-linear. The first five episodes is a prequel to this movie. After that, it picks up right where S1 finished and it's continuous until the end.

S2 is still non-linear. The first five episodes is a prequel to this movie. After that, it picks up right where S1 finished and it's continuous until the end.
Right, okay. After those 1st 5 episodes, is it still literally all over the place like S1 was though? S1 would flit completely out of time sequence every few episodes, making me seriously question if I'd missed one. It felt overly disjointed.

So the timeline goes, 1st episodes S2 - Movie - S1 - Rest of S2?

Right, okay. After those 1st 5 episodes, is it still literally all over the place like S1 was though? S1 would flit completely out of time sequence every few episodes, making me seriously question if I'd missed one. It felt overly disjointed.

So the timeline goes, 1st episodes S2 - Movie - S1 - Rest of S2?
Yes, that's the correct timeline. Once S2 starts with the present day (Shibuya Incident) it does jump a bit, but only with other perspectives of different characters. They'll timestamp the scenes with the locations, since it takes place during one night.

Yes, that's the correct timeline. Once S2 starts with the present day (Shibuya Incident) it does jump a bit, but only with other perspectives of different characters. They'll timestamp the scenes with the locations, since it takes place during one night.
Also just to add to this, all of Shibuya Arc episodes occurs in X amount of time (dont want to say how long but its a short space of time so there shouldn't be any confusion).

Also just to add to this, all of Shibuya Arc episodes occurs in X amount of time (dont want to say how long but its a short space of time so there shouldn't be any confusion).

Sounds like I should be able to follow that lol thanks both!

Reactions: alaminblah