Just posted up by HMV on Facebook -

Update 1st December - It's the original Jumanji :D
Jumanji2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Informative
  • Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and cooey
Anyone received theirs yet?
This was my first hmv order, and was apparently despatched on Wednesday. I know it's not officially due out until the 15th but was hoping it might be here today.

D

Depends if someone bought it early
Seriously? I've never known anyone to get a HMV exclusive before release day.

Being in Ireland I used to get them on the Friday before the UK's Monday. But that was it.

Would be wasting my money trading it into the CEX the very next day!!!!! :D

Last edited:
D

Depends if someone bought it early
On-line orders was only started to be dispatched on Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11 January the earliest someone would got delivery would have been Friday 12th January if lucky
It's not available to purchase in HMV UK stores until Monday 15th January

It's possible though someone from distributor warehouse had a copy or a promo copy given to a HMV Buyer and sold it in cex it would not have been a copy purchased by a HMV customer

I hope Cex last week asked questions to the customer how he/she got a copy of a release not available yet in HMV stores
Stock goes missing from warehouses it's the responsibility of CEX do checks if someone brings into a second hand store a release that has not been available yet.

Are you sure it was the HMV steekbook did it have UK rating logos as this new same steelbook edition also got a release in USA and Italy/Spain/France and other countries recently in December 2017

You sure it was not the previous Zavvi release from 2014 as this also got a release various countries in 2015/2016 that is a different steelbook to the new one

When I was a manager of second store anyone who brought in a release not released yet they did not get to sell it until it was checked as to how they got a copy of a release early

A good few years ago I caught an individual who was stealing items from the distributor warehouse as he was bringing into the store to get cash exchange for releases 2 to 4 weeks before release date

Last edited:
It certainly looked like the new one as I have the zavvi version and it wasn’t that. The guy said it had been brought in that morning and the guy had taken the cellophane off in the store so hasn’t been watched

It certainly looked like the new one as I have the zavvi version and it wasn’t that. The guy said it had been brought in that morning and the guy had taken the cellophane off in the store so hasn’t been watched
Did it have UK ratings on the jcard if not it's not the HMV UK release but the same steelbook release from other countries that was released in December 2017

It’s kept behind the tills but front of j card top on front was English. Like said wasn’t there to see wrapping taken off so not 100% sure but def wasn’t the old release. Plus if was foreign copy they won’t take as has to be this region or region free