E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Jumanji

Genre: [GENRE]Family[/GENRE], [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Jake Kasdan [/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan and more...[/ACTOR]

Plot: [PLOT]In a brand new Jumanji adventure, four high school kids discover an old video game console and are drawn into the game's jungle setting, literally becoming the adult avatars they chose. ... [/PLOT][/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
bXrZ5iHBEjH7WMidbUDQ0U2xbmr.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

IMDb

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007

It's OFFICIAL: Love this script! Big movie news that me and my canine gal Shang are excited to share;) To produce, create and deliver original properties to fans like HBO's #ballers to this summer's #CentralIntelligence is one of the best parts of my job.
But to take great properties that are beloved worldwide like #BAYWATCH and #RAMPAGE and have the opportunity reimagine their stories in dope new ways to a whole new generation is truly an honor.

It's official. We'll produce and deliver to a whole new generation a title that I love and is one of my all time favs:
There's games you play for fun...
then there's games that change your life.
JUMANJI
Working on edging up an already very good script with my @sevenbucksprodteam. Up next is meeting with our producer Matt Tolmach and director Jake Kasdan. Shooting starts this fall.
Promise to deliver something cool and special.. and not screw the whole damn thing up;). As always I'll keep you posted. Casting this should be fun!
#JUMANJI#JungleLife#JustPressStart#SONYPictures

And the #JUMANJI magic begins.

Excellent meeting with our director Jake Kasdan, producer Matt Tolmach, and our @SevenBucksProd team to work on our new re-imagining of this amazing story.

I felt like in order to craft something cool we should begin where it all started. Award winning writer Chris Van Allsburg's source material of JUMANJI. Chris also wrote THE POLAR EXPRESS (later adapted by Robert Zemeckis and Tom Hanks) and has a very special & magical way of storytelling.
I'm feelin' good and confident stepping into these shoes as a producer as well as actor to bring you something great that you and your entire fam can enjoy.

An important thing that I want to be honest and bring up is Robin Williams. The love and respect I have for this man is boundless. You have my word, we will honor his name and the character of "Alan Parrish" will stand alone and be forever immortalized in the world of JUMANJI in an earnest and cool way. I have an idea of what to do and I think his family will be proud. I also think Robin is somewhere lookin' down and laughing, remembering the first time we met backstage and I (for the first time ever) was a star struck bumbling idiot that couldn't even get my words out. Idiot. He literally calmed me down w/ that smile and laugh. But that's for another fun story down the road.

We got a great team assembled already over at our home base of SONY and now we build from here.

Here's another fun part... in the original movie there were three big roles. In our new story there's now FIVE. Been so damn cool to see all my actor buddies push their projects aside so hopefully they can come play in our world. Should have cool casting announcements this week. Will keep you posted.

#TheMagicBegins#JustPressStart#JUMANJI

• Thanks

IT'S OFFICIAL: An ol' friend is ready to play in the world of #JUMANJI... JACK (mf'n) BLACK.

Been a big fan of his work over the years. A brilliant actor who I'm confident will turn in a performance of a lifetime for JUMANJI. (when we reveal his character you'll understand;). In our reimagining of the story of JUMANJI, Jack brings that rare balance of cool with funny and edge with childlike joy.
The "Jumanji Breakfast Club" is coming together.. myself, Jack (mf'n) Black and Kevin Hart.

Two big roles left. One bad ass girl. One semi-sorta bad ass dude. Who will they be... this is gonna be fun.

#JUMANJI#WelcomesJackBlack#JustPressStart#TheGameThatPlaysYou

• Thanks
Yhea lots of scope for movies with the board game aspect :thumbs: .

Not sure what I think about this the warmth and magic from the original will transfer to this :dunno:.

Time will tell I guess :giggle: .

Not another bloody remake. Give it a rest. "Ben Hur", "The Magnificent Seven" "Whiskey Galore" "The Wrath of Khan" Fed up to the back teeth of them....... What next "Dirty Harry" " "Gone with the Wind"
If's it not broke don't fix it is my motto and certainly 99.9% of the "remakes are simply true classics that don't need fixing.

I hope this is rather a spin off than a Remake.

Considering the ending to the orginal a spin off makes sense IMO.

If you watched the cartoon you'll know there is a huge amount that could be used.

No no no no no no no

I enjoy the rock in movies (he's surprisingly quite funny and not a bad actor at times) and although I have some love for jack black he can be quite hit or miss but this should be left alone.
Plus both of them in this film makes no sense to me, don't even feel like jumanji with those 2 actors.

Like ghostbusters I'll avoid this like the plague

Williams will be turning in his grave

• Thanks
Reactions: JackRegan
Honestly this is going to get a similar reaction to ghostbusters IMO.

People are already raging about it what is Gillian wearing the classic female explorer outfit of short shorts and a tank top and knee high boots.

Kevin Hartis a mix bag for me he pretty much just screams and yells in the majority of his films.

It's one still, but I have to say I'm preparing myself for disappointment.