Jurassic Park Trilogy (G1 Blu-ray SteelBook)(Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

DK06CTR

Premium Supporter
Sep 19, 2010
England
Confirmed G1.

looks like the US is getting a steelbook release through best buy same as Canada version G1 ;)

Buy here

Release date of October 25, 2011.

3649137.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey gang,

I'm wondering if there's any way to cover up silver paint scuffs on these black steelbooks without them being noticable? I've got silver paint knicks on my JP Best Buy steelbook AND my G2 French Batman Begins / The Dark Knight steelbook. Thoughts?

-MTR

I know exactly what you mean. EEK! Throw that thing in a poly bag immediately. That will help prevent further chipping or scuffing. If you do lay it out on a table, lay it on a cloth or something similar.

The thing that bugs me is that it's a STEELBOOK. Shouldn't they be designed to take a little abuse? Now I don't abuse my stuff at all. In fact, I'm OCD to a high degree and baby all my collectibles (especially my DVD cases), but the ease at which the black steelbooks chip is astounding. Like many others, I had simply removed the plastic wrap around my JP set and the specks were already there. I can't believe you need a poly bag for a STEEL BOOK--lol.

-MTR

The thing that bugs me is that it's a STEELBOOK. Shouldn't they be designed to take a little abuse? Now I don't abuse my stuff at all. In fact, I'm OCD to a high degree and baby all my collectibles (especially my DVD cases), but the ease at which the black steelbooks chip is astounding. Like many others, I had simply removed the plastic wrap around my JP set and the specks were already there. I can't believe you need a poly bag for a STEEL BOOK--lol.

-MTR

On the G1 Jurassic Park steels - many people reported missing paint underneath the cardboard on these ones - some folks even talked about seeing defects before they were opened.

So perhaps the quality control wasn't as good with that run, it's possible that with the debossing / embossing process, it could have knocked some of the paint off.

If you think the steelbook is bad in terms of these things, then you shouldn't buy a metalpak - those are even worse - check the Iron Man 2 edition from Target for more info.

Food for thought.

In terms of your other question, I've found a high end car wax will work well for steelbooks that already have a gloss finish - in covering up and / or removing scratches that do not go down to the base. Sometimes those smaller white scratches will go away.

:welcome: To the HDN forums, hope you like it here. :)

Would you classify the JP steelbook as having a "gloss finish"?

Also, what brand of wax do you use?

Would you be willing to do a tutorial on youtube or something?

I'd be afraid I'd smear too much on my steelbook and it'd become oily.

By the way, thanks for the warm welcome!

-MTR

Would you classify the JP steelbook as having a "gloss finish"?

Also, what brand of wax do you use?

Would you be willing to do a tutorial on youtube or something?

I'd be afraid I'd smear too much on my steelbook and it'd become oily.

By the way, thanks for the warm welcome!

-MTR

I would say that the JP trilogy is a high gloss, i think he means that it doesnt have a "mat" finish that some of the canada steels (exorcist, V for Vendetta, kill bill 1+2) all have.

-MTR

They're like comics, they need to be handled with care.

ColombianLove41
Using Tapatalk on iPhone 4