paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 18, 2020
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - HMV
Price: £18.99 (Zavvi) -- £17.99 (Amazon - HMV)

81igAB0r1YL._AC_SX342_.jpg

81GABKqg3UL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 81qXfFxDJlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
:oohyeah: I’m so excited about this preordered when it went live last night. From what I’ve seen it looks like it’s a loose adaptation of Darkseid War and will feature all the members of Justice League, Justice League Dark, Suicide Squad and Teen Titans we’ve grown to love over the years in the DCAMU. Hearing rumours and confirmations that this may very well be the end of the DCAMU as this is such a major event but I have a sneaky suspicion this could be the end of the New 52 and now leading into rebirth as they have hinted in the past with costumes. I could be way off but that’s my early prediction.

:oohyeah: I’m so excited about this preordered when it went live last night. From what I’ve seen it looks like it’s a loose adaptation of Darkseid War and will feature all the members of Justice League, Justice League Dark, Suicide Squad and Teen Titans we’ve grown to love over the years in the DCAMU. Hearing rumours and confirmations that this may very well be the end of the DCAMU as this is such a major event but I have a sneaky suspicion this could be the end of the New 52 and now leading into rebirth as they have hinted in the past with costumes. I could be way off but that’s my early prediction.
Well, we've 'Batman: Death in the Family', & 'Superman: Man of Tomorrow' coming up, both of these are based on stories pre- New 52 (I think :dunno: ).
Rebirth would be interesting, but adapting popular titles from the past... mmm.
I'm in for a bit of both, but hope they keep churning 'em out

Well, we've 'Batman: Death in the Family', & 'Superman: Man of Tomorrow' coming up, both of these are based on stories pre- New 52 (I think :dunno: ).
Rebirth would be interesting, but adapting popular titles from the past... mmm.
I'm in for a bit of both, but hope they keep churning 'em out

Yes that’s correct they will be out of continuity of the DCAMU as Batman : Death in the Family just like Superman : Red Son are stand-alone adaptations and Superman : Man of Tomorrow is an original story which IIRC is of Clark in his early years. Like yourself I like how there’s abit on both sides to satisfy fans and hope they continue into rebirth / keep churning popular titles out from the past :joy: One huge selling point is how awesome these steels always turn out and look great together as a set with fantastic artwork ‘n’ really nice treatment with a variation and great use of metallic reflections, spot gloss and gloss.

First look at the next DCU Animated Movie Original after Apokolips War and looks like we’ve got a new art style which I really dig, something new ‘n’ fresh which reminds of me of an upgraded art of what they used in Archer.

Oh and I’ve gotta say a hell yeah we finally have Alexandra Daddario in a DC film yes it’s animated but one step closer her being in the DCEU :joy::drool:

Last edited:
I read that somewhere. Does that just mean we're going to get Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman films?

I’ve heard rumours and confirmations that this may very well be the end of the DCAMU as this is such a major event based on the Darkseid War. As the DCAMU is based on the New 52 I also believe this the end due to the nature of it all with it starting with Darkseid and now will end with Darkseid with a hint that it will now officially lead into rebirth as they have done in the past with costumes. There’s no official confirmation but my best guess is we will now get films based on Rebirth instead but also Stand-alone films like we have in the past from 2021 onwards.

Last edited:
That is a wee bit disappointing - as a swansong to DCAMU, the steelbook really should have been the quality as it's predecessors. Still looking forward to watching it though.

Reactions: willbar84
Superman: Red Son was matte too.

That’s a stand-alone though not in the DCAMU but if you count it as a whole that’s the last 2 that have been matte not looking good at all for UK to get consistent gloss in the future. I had to get Red Son from the US because of that and looks like I will be doing the same with Apokolips War.

all other steelbooks are glossy ...what happened here?
Not all was Gloss finish in UK or USA
Some of the previous UK warner releases was a matte finish and some spot gloss

It varies between UK and USA some are gloss and some matte finish

There are some UK releases Gloss with USA been matte and some other way round