Oct 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
Release date: February 7, 2017
Purchase link: Target
Price: $16.99
HDN Group Buy: hosted by apsmith21

52057973-jpg.287250

Last edited by a moderator:
They had them behind the counter as to limit one per customer first time I have ever seen that

That's interesting - my Target, and the folks in charge of the media department have always stated to me directly that they care more about sales (that the items sell out), rather than who it actually gets sold to.

However, now that my local Target no longer has a Best Buy next door to compete with, I wonder if that viewpoint has changed.

There were 6 at my shop and 3 figures. I inspected the 3 on the right to pick the one I kept for myself and saw one had a spine slash: (have never seen that in person at my local Target before, they are usually careful when opening the boxes)

9zsarKO.jpg

Interesting how your Target doesn't put them in security cases. Was this an endcap display?

That's interesting - my Target, and the folks in charge of the media department have always stated to me directly that they care more about sales (that the items sell out), rather than who it actually gets sold to.

However, now that my local Target no longer has a Best Buy next door to compete with, I wonder if that viewpoint has changed.

Depends on the manager, it seems to me. The employees don't care if you buy 30 of the same items (though they will be curious), but sometimes managers are aware that items are limited stock and will implement a policy of 1-4 per customer.

Depends on the manager, it seems to me. The employees don't care if you buy 30 of the same items (though they will be curious), but sometimes managers are aware that items are limited stock and will implement a policy of 1-4 per customer.

Oh definitely. I've gotten a few raised eyebrows from the folks at checkout, but they never said anything. When I first saw some of these exclusives popping up at Target, I found the Media department manager and we had a long chat about the site and what I did. She was very cool about it all.

At the time, I was also dealing with the complete other side of the coin with Best Buy - where all the employees and managers knew who I was based on the volume of items I was buying for members, but they would often limit me on what I would buy. This was early on though, before they started to getting massive quantities in my store for sale.

Interesting how your Target doesn't put them in security cases. Was this an endcap display?
No, it was with the new releases. I've notice this target sometimes does and sometimes they don't put them in the security cases. Most often they are not, but have been a few times. Happy when they don't because I cringe every time they try to pry them out since they're really snug/too big to fit inside them. I can only image them forcing them in to begin with, lol.

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
If anyone in the USA or in other spots needs help with this one, you can join the group buy and I'll put you on the reserve list.

It's looking like I will have extras and can help folks if they need it - just need to confirm the copies are all in OK shape when they arrive.

There is a funny story about this I used to be an Assistant Store manager of a blockbuster after college like 2004-2005 and it was a franchise that was struggling. They got behind with the distributor and they cut us off so for 3-4 months we would go to all 3 walmarts in town and clear them out of every new release (then prep them real quick before the store opened at 10am to rent them). Near the end the walmarts were starting to revolt on us because literally if you walked into walmart after we went in there wasn't a single copy of a new movie left in the store :)

There is a funny story about this I used to be an Assistant Store manager of a blockbuster after college like 2004-2005 and it was a franchise that was struggling. They got behind with the distributor and they cut us off so for 3-4 months we would go to all 3 walmarts in town and clear them out of every new release (then prep them real quick before the store opened at 10am to rent them). Near the end the walmarts were starting to revolt on us because literally if you walked into walmart after we went in there wasn't a single copy of a new movie left in the store :)

If those Walmart managers were smart, they would have ordered more of the new releases and had them ready for you on release day. Easy money for them!

Just wanted to post a quick note here - anyone still looking for a copy, I do have a couple of extras still - so I'll keep them in hand for a bit and wait to hear if someone wants a copy.

Thanks

Anyone have an extra one of these?
I FINALLY got around to watching it what with Apokolips War out and I must say this first Justice League Dark might be my new favorite DC Animated feature up there with Mask of the Phantasm and Year One.