K2DVD - SteelBook Retailer Thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
K2DVD_logo_icon_CURRENT.png

Feel free to discuss any experiences and policies for this retailer here.

http://www.k2dvd.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
Packaging for Skyfall Steelbook

Received my Skyfall Steelbook yesterday from K2 DVD.

I could not see any manufacturing defect on my copy that many others seem to be the victim of.

The plastic wrap on my Steelbook was good and K2 DVD really took great care in packaging the Steelbook. It had several layers of bubble wrap and was then placed in a properly sized cardboard box prior to shipping. Thank you K2 DVD.:thumbs:

I just wanted to share a very good customer service experience I had with K2DVD. The recent Hobbit steelbooks didn't come with a slip and they sent this email to me. This should make people buying items from Korea feel good about using K2DVD.

currently we’re expecting the delivery of “The Hobbit BD Steelbook”
this afternoon. Unfortunately, this release doesn’t have slip paper
around the case (You know slip paper which is around at the bottom
of the case, right?). So, there are a few cancelation requests from
pre-orderers already.

Thus, before we do packing/shipping job, we’d like to ask you if you
still want to keep the order or if you rather want to cancel it.

We will wait for your feedback until this Sunday (Korea date. You
can check Korea date/time on our site. Upper right corner of the
site).

Please let us know what you want to do for this matter. If you don’t
reply until the given date above, we will assume that you’re willing
to keep the pre-order and ship the package.

Sorry for the inconveniences
Your K2DVD.com-Team

Reactions: Steve-O
Do you have anything running in terms of web censorship? Maybe your ISP isn't letting you on their site? I have no idea what it could be, for i can access it on all of my own devices, as well as anywhere else i go.

Thanks for the response! Odd. Can access it via my phone's connection but not through my home's PC :dunno:

Just registered with K2DVD and made my first order with them.

When I chose to pay with paypal I got an error message saying that paypal had a problem processing my order and I should try again in a couple of minutes.

I did and got the same message. Problem is, when checking paypal and my bank card I have now been charged twice!

What's the best way to deal with this? Contacting K2DVD or paypal or both?

Any help is appreciated. :thumbs:

Thought I would share my first experience with K2DVD:

I can answer my own question above this post first. They did answer my email right away and refunded me immediately.

Then when the item I had pre-ordered was released I didn't receive it(lost in the mail), and after 3 weeks+ I emailed them.

Once again they replied very fast and without any hassle they said they were sorry and sent a replacement the following day. This arrived today after 7 days. :D

Their packaging is also top notch. Big box with 5-6 layers of bubblewrap. And this was just an amaray with slip. :)

So to sum it up: great customer service & great packaging. Will be using them again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick Nameless
Used K2DVD for the first time to get Avatar 3D Korea. Gotta say I am quite pleased with their service and packaging. Just got my copy with 3 dual layers of bubblewrap. Will definitely use them again after a positive first experience

I think they're having website issues. It's been up and down for a couple of days. As of right now its up, but was down last night (and online earlier yesterday...).

How r k2 dvd Iv'e never used them is their servive as good as kimchi

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I like K2DVD from my experience with them in the past though I have gravitated towards KimchiDVD for the majority of my purchases now due to their exclusives and I think KimchiDVD gets more Steelbook releases. The prices looks to be a tiny bit cheaper too at KimchiDVD though I never actually did a direct calculation comparison with shipping costs weighed in.