Release date: March 28, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £19.99 - £11.99

Part of the Kill Bill by Zavvi:
Vol. 1 - Vol. 2

11229036-1554356504453402.jpg

11229036-4604356504188118.jpg 11229036-9334356504093777.jpg
00.jpg 11229036-1284356504286833.jpg

i saw this on twitter, so maybe we are getting steelbook for one of Quentin Tarantino's movies.
zavvvippoppp.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I only started collecting just over a year ago so dont have these films. I've pre-ordered vol.1 and will be getting vol.2 tomorrow. Would still rather have a pulp fiction or inglorious basterds though

Lovely release(s) with far superior artwork to the previous double and ideal for those that missed the other.
Will not buy them both for 30 quid, but will buy them both for 15 quid.

At the risk of stating the obvious the partially hidden Japanese print reads "Kill Bill" . . . lol

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Oh for the love of god Zavvi.

We have two Tarintino films which don't have a Steelbook over here and you do a re-release of one of the others. It would have only been worthwhile if it was the full colour version, a Mondo release or a Mondo release of Kill Bill the Whole Bloody Affair.

Why not do this first, I mean why bundle the two films together and then do separate releases later. Surely it makes more sense to do it the other way around.

Seriously it's like Zavvi aren't even trying anymore and then you get "Y U H8 on Zavi 4" posts...(sigh)

Think it will be the standard release
Think you can only get the full colour version in Japan.
Although the the DVD does work in the UK.
I own the DVD box set with the t shirt and kill bill bear toy and the DVD fully works on my ps3 and has the colour fight. It also has some extended / deleted scenes too apparently

Unfortunately I thought as much. :(

I used to have both of the Japanese dvd box sets, however I lost them in our house fire last year. They were really nice, but my only gripe was that you had to turn the subtitles on and off manually whenever there was spoken Japanese (first world problems and all that!).

• Informative
Reactions: Flloydo
Tell me about it. Zavvi come out with a constant stream of crap releases and I'm always made to feel like I'M the bad guy for complaining so much.

Zavvi do release a lot of mediocre Steelbooks but there are also some very nice ones. If your opinion was balanced rather than showing an obvious anti-Zavvi bias then maybe you wouldn't be made to feel like the bad guy.

has the full uncut version ever been released on bluray?

Nope, the Japanese blu-rays for both Vol.1 and Vol.2 are the same as the UK theatrical. Only the Japanese DVDs are 'uncut'. The Japanese DVD version of Vol.2 is inferior IMO, but I'd like to see the uncut Vol.1 make its way to HD

Zavvi do release a lot of mediocre Steelbooks but there are also some very nice ones. If your opinion was balanced rather than showing an obvious anti-Zavvi bias then maybe you wouldn't be made to feel like the bad guy.

And my point is proved, and what a surprise that it's the same guy that always defends zavvi that tries to turn it back on me :rolleyes:

And for what it's worth: THERE IS NO ANTI-ZAVVI BIAS!!! Why can't you get it into your head that I have no grudge or bias against this organization. I often state that zavvi releases are bad because...... the releases are often bad. How is that being biased?

I notice you don't exactly give any examples of "some very nice" steelbooks. And bear in mind that one or two half-decent steelbooks still means that the vast majority are awful.

Unfortunately I thought as much. :(

I used to have both of the Japanese dvd box sets, however I lost them in our house fire last year. They were really nice, but my only gripe was that you had to turn the subtitles on and off manually whenever there was spoken Japanese (first world problems and all that!).

Sorry to hear that mate

Easy pass as I have the futureshop editions.
Can certainly see why you would write that as they (the Best Buy exclusives) do look very similar to the upcoming U.K. editions although I believe there is a subtle difference, already mentioned here, to wit the studio logo on the spines of ours.
Regarding other differences: maybe you could let us know about the internal artwork on yours and if it's any different to that shown on our mock-ups.
The Canadian editions are not ideal because I believe they have blue banner headers as part of the steel and not part of the j-card.
For anyone new to "Kill Bill" steelbooks this one and t'other would be an ideal purchase and my intention would be to pick these crackers up at some point in the future (if I get the chance) and move on the previous inferior artwork (IMO) 2 BD 2013 release (which btw is still available for under 25 quid on the secondary market for anyone that might prefer a two-in-one).

Why the **** is there a random picture of Quentin Tarantino on the inside?! EEK!:OMG:

Another pointless aspect of an already pointless release :rolleyes:

Both inside arts for kill bill 1 & 2 for the Canadian versions had art featuring Tarantino making the film which I personally think is a nice change to a standard clip from a film.

Reactions: jonnie123
best buy edition unboxing

Can't see the unboxing for some reason but thanks for posting it for those that can.

EDIT: More reason to thank you as working for me now and glad to see the video though wondering if ours will have the same finish which according to the reviewer is matte with what appears to me to be spot glossing to the swords.
Clever idea to have the smaller sized data cards instead of j-cards or partial slips as these appear to be just the right size to store in the case once opened . . . maybe someone could confirm this ?
Not wild about the "Blu-ray" logo printed on the front of the steel though !
$15 (just over 10 quid) would be more appealing than what we are being asked to pay for this at pre-order but I imagine that price is an old one (?) as it's no longer available from Best Buy online though still available from Amazon.com for approx. $30.

EDIT: Scratch the bit about the data cards because until it's common practice for peelable BBFC stamps on the steelbook itself we will have to have j-cards/partial slips.

Last edited: