KimchiDVD - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availability, etc about this retailer here.

List of Kimchidvd.com Exclusives HERE

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Kimchidvd?
A)Welcome to KIMCHI DVD
Q) I haven't mastered Korean yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Turn on Google translate >> Login >> click on "If members to join ..." >> fill in EVERY box >>
click on this box to ensure your member ID is available:
rsz_button.jpg
>> Sign up!

You don't need to use Google Translate to register, provided you use the English registration link.
You need to enter both a Celluar phone (mobile) and Telephone number when registering/placing an order, however they can both be the same number (I don't have a home phone number, so always use my mobile number).
Numbers should be entered without a proceeding 0 and you do not need to enter your country code (KimchiDVD add it automatically to your parcel label).

So a UK phone (01452 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 1452 Phone Number : 123123

A UK mobile (07847 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 7847 Phone Number : 123123

If you have already registered, afterlogging in you can update your address/phone numbers here.

Q) Do they ship outside of Korea?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example to UK: (1 x steelbook)

K-Packet is tracked and one Steelbook to UK (with a weight of 450g - which is the typical weight for a lenticular) costs $10.81.
On average it takes around 7 days after dispatch to arrive in the UK - I always use K-Packet when placing orders and my orders have always arrived safely.

I'm not sure if it's insured or not (there's no mention) but assuming you pay via PayPal, their guarantee will cover you if you don't receive your order for some reason.

You can track your K-Packet order using this website, however tracking information isn't always accurate after leaving Korea (e.g. sometimes it doesn't update again before it's delivered, or even after if your postman doesn't bother getting a signature).

EMS $21.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)
TNT Premium $37.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe, see below: (Thanks to SBC28 for pics)

A pretty sturdy box, which seemingly took some damage during shipping.
(These are pretty much always the same boxes.)
kimchipackaging01.jpg

Enough space for the item to "breathe", but snug enough to stop it from moving.
(That white thing is the invoice, which i choose to include, since i am in the USA.)
kimchipackaging02.jpg

6 layers of bubble wrap.
kimchipackaging03.jpg

Another shot of the bubble wrap, one sheet (4 layers) removed.
kimchipackaging04.jpg

One minty mint SB, all the way from Korea.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly, you have various options to choose from:
rsz_customs-kimchi.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon order

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card or Paypal

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Placed 3 orders. Didn't receive one of them. I got one reply mentioning he will check and revert and after that nothing despite contacting him twice.

A few questions then:

How long ago did you place them?

How many steels did you order with each order?

What value did you put down for each order in terms of customs declaration?

<< Nov 18 2012 >>

<< 2, 2 & 1. Got 2 & 1 but not the middle 2 >>

<< GIFT, $40 for all >>

It might still show up but what worries me is the lack of response.

<< Nov 18 2012 >>

<< 2, 2 & 1. Got 2 & 1 but not the middle 2 >>

<< GIFT, $40 for all >>

It might still show up but what worries me is the lack of response.

Hmmmmn. He did that to me (replied to my e-mails though, but didn't answer the question) as well for an order that was taken ages.

Had orders arriving that I'd placed well after the one I was waiting on. Think customs have it mate, as was the case with mine. :ohno:

Reactions: lgans316
On a positive note, felt I should give the gang at Kimchi / K2 a big thanks for the great packaging they use and care they take when packing and posting my orders

Just got TDKR through from them and it was wrapped in a bubble envelope then in a further 4 layers of bubble wrap, then in the small packet cardboard box.

Needless to say the steelbook is in perfect condition! Same as all the other orders with them.

There aren't many countries in the world where the item needs to travel further to get to me and I have no worries that it will get to me in one piece. I have more stresses about some that just need to get to me from Europe!!

So....:thanks:

Hmmmmn. He did that to me (replied to my e-mails though, but didn't answer the question) as well for an order that was taken ages.

Had orders arriving that I'd placed well after the one I was waiting on. Think customs have it mate, as was the case with mine. :ohno:

Tony went underground and never got back to me. He asked me to contact Royal Mail to trace it which will take 3~4 weeks. By that time, the 45 day period in PayPal gets over. So filed dispute at PayPal few days back. Btw, I paid on 18/Nov and today is 22/Dec. Very poor customer service IMO.

In think the package got squashed damaging the address label which they usually print in a small font and stick to the bottom right corner of the package. Long time back, I received a package with the label almost squashed but the person who handled it had the commonsense to write the address on the package which enabled it's delivery.

Tony didn't even bother to respond to the dispute filed. The dispute is now 1 day overdue.

Also another package containing Resident Evil Retribution and Total Recall is yet to be delivered though it is too early to consider it as lost in post.

Also another package containing Resident Evil Retribution and Total Recall is yet to be delivered though it is too early to consider it as lost in post.

I take it you don't ship via EMS? If you get this mess sorted out and continue to use Tony, I'd suggest always using it. Personally I won't ship from Korea any other way - it just makes things so much easier if anything goes wrong.

Don't know if this is any help to you, I got the same 2 steels enroute from Kimchi as well (via EMS shipping) and my package is currently stuck in customs at present. So could well that yours is also in the same situation.

Reactions: AlexG
Don't know if this is any help to you, I got the same 2 steels enroute from Kimchi as well (via EMS shipping) and my package is currently stuck in customs at present. So could well that yours is also in the same situation.

I just have Resident Evil coming in so it's good to know since I didn't ship it with EMS. I've already received previous sb's from them without it and had no issues so far.

I've already received previous sb's from them without it and had no issues so far.

The accent being on 'so far'. I never had a package go missing either until one finally did. The advantage of EMS is that a package is trackable throughout each stage of its journey, so that if it goes astray it's much easier to trace. In my case the EMS tracking was able to reveal the package had been misdelivered, so I was able to retrieve it. I doubt I'd have found it otherwise. Now I won't ship any other way, because frankly some of these Asian steels are too rare and irreplaceable to risk it.

The accent being on 'so far'. I never had a package go missing either until one finally did. The advantage of EMS is that a package is trackable throughout each stage of its journey, so that if it goes astray it's much easier to trace. In my case the EMS tracking was able to reveal the package had been misdelivered, so I was able to retrieve it. I doubt I'd have found it otherwise. Now I won't ship any other way, because frankly some of these Asian steels are too rare and irreplaceable to risk it.

Well it's ether pay the extra $12+ or risk the chance of it being a lossed cause. Currently I have 3 steelbook's en route (2 from yesasia.com & 1 from kimchidvd). More than likely i'll upgrade to EMS from this point on just to be safe. Wise choice on my part.

Get this on checkout:

null-_-
Order failed

Got my package shipped on 21/Dec/2012 today but not the one shipped on 18/Nov/2012. Relieved. :cool:

I checked the tracking information on Korea Post website and the one that is missing hasn't reached UK whilst the rest have.

Last edited:
Getting worried now ordered 2 steels from them I didn't leave a note to check the steels or pack them well I thought it was a given they did it....I will probably get a pile of tosh ;(

---------- Post added at 02:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

ordered 2 x steels via ems post on 3rd Jan... got them today 4 days later. Superb![/QUOTE

EMS Probaly best shipping service ever ultra fast I didn't use the service as I wanted to keep the cost down.

I'm more worried about getting damaged goods as I never posted a note in when purchasing them ;( to check them.