KimchiDVD - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availability, etc about this retailer here.

List of Kimchidvd.com Exclusives HERE

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Kimchidvd?
A)Welcome to KIMCHI DVD
Q) I haven't mastered Korean yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Turn on Google translate >> Login >> click on "If members to join ..." >> fill in EVERY box >>
click on this box to ensure your member ID is available:
rsz_button.jpg
>> Sign up!

You don't need to use Google Translate to register, provided you use the English registration link.
You need to enter both a Celluar phone (mobile) and Telephone number when registering/placing an order, however they can both be the same number (I don't have a home phone number, so always use my mobile number).
Numbers should be entered without a proceeding 0 and you do not need to enter your country code (KimchiDVD add it automatically to your parcel label).

So a UK phone (01452 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 1452 Phone Number : 123123

A UK mobile (07847 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 7847 Phone Number : 123123

If you have already registered, afterlogging in you can update your address/phone numbers here.

Q) Do they ship outside of Korea?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example to UK: (1 x steelbook)

K-Packet is tracked and one Steelbook to UK (with a weight of 450g - which is the typical weight for a lenticular) costs $10.81.
On average it takes around 7 days after dispatch to arrive in the UK - I always use K-Packet when placing orders and my orders have always arrived safely.

I'm not sure if it's insured or not (there's no mention) but assuming you pay via PayPal, their guarantee will cover you if you don't receive your order for some reason.

You can track your K-Packet order using this website, however tracking information isn't always accurate after leaving Korea (e.g. sometimes it doesn't update again before it's delivered, or even after if your postman doesn't bother getting a signature).

EMS $21.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)
TNT Premium $37.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe, see below: (Thanks to SBC28 for pics)

A pretty sturdy box, which seemingly took some damage during shipping.
(These are pretty much always the same boxes.)
kimchipackaging01.jpg

Enough space for the item to "breathe", but snug enough to stop it from moving.
(That white thing is the invoice, which i choose to include, since i am in the USA.)
kimchipackaging02.jpg

6 layers of bubble wrap.
kimchipackaging03.jpg

Another shot of the bubble wrap, one sheet (4 layers) removed.
kimchipackaging04.jpg

One minty mint SB, all the way from Korea.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly, you have various options to choose from:
rsz_customs-kimchi.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon order

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card or Paypal

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damon, as far as I understand all items comprised in this summer sale promo will be "released" on June 12
My two orders (both containing only Summer Sale items) were taken to the post office on the 3rd and on the 7th, based on Korea Post tracking.

My two orders (both containing only Summer Sale items) were taken to the post office on the 3rd and on the 7th, based on Korea Post tracking.

I see. I’m a bit lost then. Anyhow the “official” release is still June 12, maybe yours were just exceptions? It’s worth to shoot Tony a message

Quick question....this morning I ordered Hunter Killer Lenticular edition. I paid with credit card. After I entered my credit card details and clicked submit I received a "payment success" pop-up notification and an email from Paygate confirming the transaction but the KimchiDVD website directed to a page that said "Page not found". I would have expected to be shown a page confirming my order. When I checked my account the order is showing in My Account with the status "payment completed" but I have not received an email from KimchiDVD confirming the order, is that normal?

Quick question....this morning I ordered Hunter Killer Lenticular edition. I paid with credit card. After I entered my credit card details and clicked submit I received a "payment success" pop-up notification and an email from Paygate confirming the transaction but the KimchiDVD website directed to a page that said "Page not found". I would have expected to be shown a page confirming my order. When I checked my account the order is showing in My Account with the status "payment completed" but I have not received an email from KimchiDVD confirming the order, is that normal?
I've never encountered a "Page not found" but as long as the order is showing in your account you should be good I think. They don't send out any emails (order confirmation, shipping notification) at all.

Tried to get on Kimchidvd.com but got error message that says 'server cannot be found'. Anything wrong with kimchidvd?

Tried to get on Kimchidvd.com but got error message that says 'server cannot be found'. Anything wrong with kimchidvd?
Whois reports that kimchidvd.com domain status is "clientHold"" and ICANN's "What does it mean?" explanation for "clientHold" is:
This status code tells your domain's registry to not activate your domain in the DNS and as a consequence, it will not resolve. It is an uncommon status that is usually enacted during legal disputes, non-payment, or when your domain is subject to deletion.
Impossible to say what exactly is the reason for the situation, but it's definitely out of the ordinary.

Could be something simple, though, like they haven't received notification about the need for their domain name renewal :dunno:

Does anyone know if Kimchi has stopped all shipments for the moment, due to coronavirus? I had a brief chat with Tony via messenger a couple days ago (about COLD WAR by TheOn which is supposed to be released today, March 30th) where he hinted to this -- even if I didn't get whether is a general case, or only holds for this specific release, or maybe for all shipments to EU...

Does anyone know if Kimchi has stopped all shipments for the moment, due to coronavirus? I had a brief chat with Tony via messenger a couple days ago (about COLD WAR by TheOn which is supposed to be released today, March 30th) where he hinted to this -- even if I didn't get whether is a general case, or only holds for this specific release, or maybe for all shipments to EU...

Not just EU, shipments to any country are on hold except for the neighboring ones, such as Hong Kong for instance. This is due to the scarcity of flights available all around and to prioritize what gets shipped.

Basically not a Kimchi thing, but a country thing and it's the same case in many other countries.

Not just EU, shipments to any country are on hold except for the neighboring ones, such as Hong Kong for instance. This is due to the scarcity of flights available all around and to prioritize what gets shipped.

Basically not a Kimchi thing, but a country thing and it's the same case in many other countries.

I see, thank you.

Small question regarding customs from your experience - have you experienced customs when ordering a package with 2 slips in it? I have ordered 2 on speerate occasions and they are now being held due to no shipments to Belgium but the seller asked me if I would like to have them shipped together or seperately.