paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 28, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £30.00 (Amazon) - £29.99 (Zavvi) - £24.99 (HMV)
Notes: Includes Limited Edition Poster

81QejrNfBBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

819dRAvSPDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Jfc. What idiots do these companies have coming up with these designs? And that going to look dreadful with a matte finish.

“Lights! camera! Kong!” :shipped:

At least the back has full artwork, though, and not some single small image or text with nothing else.

Was it really so hard to just pick this image? Evidently it was…

15A3B44B-C320-437D-B47E-894ACA7434CA.jpeg

Last edited:
Was it really so hard to just pick this image? Evidently it was…

Is it really as easy as just picking that image? Like declassifying top secret documents just by thinking about it?

Who owns the copyright to that image? Is it available to be used? If so, at what cost?

All the questions that nobody seems to ask or think about every time some alternative art is used on a steelbook.

But that's what is used on steelbooks most of the time. Alternative art. It's odd how many people actually collect steelbooks when they quite often, (more often than not? Or always?) would prefer some other art.

This is a StudioCanal release of a Paramount film. Does StudioCanal often, or ever, use the original movie poster art on their steelbooks? I dunno. Just asking.

Does Paramount own the rights to that poster image and maybe said "No StudioCanal you can't use that image"

You know who knows the answer to all of these questions? Nobody here.

So, was it really so hard to just pick that image? It probably was.

But I'm sure we'll continue to see that same question asked over and over and over again in almost every steelbook thread. Every single time the movie poster art isn't used.

Is it really as easy as just picking that image? Like declassifying top secret documents just by thinking about it?

Who owns the copyright to that image? Is it available to be used? If so, at what cost?

All the questions that nobody seems to ask or think about every time some alternative art is used on a steelbook.

But that's what is used on steelbooks most of the time. Alternative art. It's odd how many people actually collect steelbooks when they quite often, (more often than not? Or always?) would prefer some other art.

This is a StudioCanal release of a Paramount film. Does StudioCanal often, or ever, use the original movie poster art on their steelbooks? I dunno. Just asking.

Does Paramount own the rights to that poster image and maybe said "No StudioCanal you can't use that image"

You know who knows the answer to all of these questions? Nobody here.

So, was it really so hard to just pick that image? It probably was.

But I'm sure we'll continue to see that same question asked over and over and over again in almost every steelbook thread. Every single time the movie poster art isn't used.
Yeah, I know. I had an immediate reaction. I don’t usually do that over steelbook art - I don’t generally care about the use of poster art - but this movie is very sentimental to me (a long childhood story I don’t need to share about King Kong and my grandfather who died long before he should have and that really affected me). The poster art has a deep connection with me because of that.

So, sometimes there is more to a post than someone asking the same question over and over, and they don’t always need the same lecture in response.

• BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION OF THE FILM
  • DOLBY VISION/HDR PRESENTATION OF THE FILM
  • Extended TV broadcast cut (unrestored)
  • Audio commentary with film historian Ray Morton
  • Audio commentary with actor and makeup artist Rick Baker
  • Interview with Barry Nolan
  • Interview with Bill Kronick
  • Interview with Scott Thaler and Jeffrey Chernov
  • Interview with David McGiffert and Brian E. Frankish
  • Interview with Jack O'Halloran
  • Interview with Steve Varner
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Original Trailer
  • Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature

HMV price is £24.99

Amazon likely will price match unless HMV increase their price to £29.99

HMV have had some pricing errors recently on some listings so don't be surprised if they increase to £29.99

This is the variant poster with the credits along with the regular poster with the credits also.

Artist is FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA

KingKong_1976_FF_var-LR.jpgKingKong_1976_FF_reg-LR.jpg

This is the variant poster with the credits along with the regular poster with the credits also.

Artist is FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA

View attachment 543244View attachment 543245
I like the colors on the blue one better.

I apologize for my snippiness the other day. It's true that this movie and the original poster have sentimental meaning to me for reasons I didn't entirely explain in my previous post, but this was nothing to lash out like a child about. I did the same thing this morning in an e-mail to Cine-Museum when all they had to do (and did) was update my address. I've definitely been stressed out about some stuff lately and I think I need to make an appt with my therapist....

Anyway, the link you shared about the original poster art is interesting.

• Friendly
Reactions: Stygian