paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 28, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £30.00 (Amazon) - £29.99 (Zavvi) - £24.99 (HMV)
Notes: Includes Limited Edition Poster

81QejrNfBBL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

819dRAvSPDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
I like the colors on the blue one better.

I apologize for my snippiness the other day. It's true that this movie and the original poster have sentimental meaning to me for reasons I didn't entirely explain in my previous post, but this was nothing to lash out like a child about. I did the same thing this morning in an e-mail to Cine-Museum when all they had to do (and did) was update my address. I've definitely been stressed out about some stuff lately and I think I need to make an appt with my therapist....

Anyway, the link you shared about the original poster art is interesting.

Yeah I think the blue variant looks better as well.

I shouldn't have replied to your post with what I did. It wasn't necessary. It's all been said before. I meant it to be informative in general for those who might not know but reading it back it sounds more like an attack on you which is not what I intended. :bag:

Reactions: JGCramp
Jfc. What idiots do these companies have coming up with these designs? And that going to look dreadful with a matte finish.

“Lights! camera! Kong!” :shipped:

At least the back has full artwork, though, and not some single small image or text with nothing else.

Was it really so hard to just pick this image? Evidently it was…

View attachment 543218

I should also mention that I would like to have seen that movie poster on the steelbook as well.

Reactions: JGCramp
Yeah I think the blue variant looks better as well.

I shouldn't have replied to your post with what I did. It wasn't necessary. It's all been said before. I meant it to be informative in general for those who might not know but reading it back it sounds more like an attack on you which is not what I intended. :bag:
Kansas City Chiefs Smile GIF by NFL On Prime Video

Reactions: Stygian
Amazon UK delivery address only at the moment
Can be a few days to a few weeks before Amazon UK allow orders with a delivery address outside UK

Not all Amazon fulfilment center locations in UK ship outside UK

Some releases they wait until they know stock is going to be at fulfilment location that can ship to a delivery address outside UK

This can happen quickly or not until after release date
It wasn't to do with the pandemic?

I swear I used to be able to order from Amazon EU sites with no issue but since the pandemic that all stopped.

Maybe I'm just remembering things wrong.

I swear I used to be able to order from Amazon EU sites with no issue but since the pandemic that all stopped.

No you're not. I have the same problem in Belfast. Serious nightmare, next to impossible to order from any amazon site outside the UK...

Reactions: MrSquifler

Amazon UK
It's to do with Brexit

The pandemic added instances of delivery address showing as not available but was happening before this

It started before UK left EU that some items will show as not available if delivery address was outside UK

As in pre order listings with a release date from January 2020
A lot of pre order listings on Amazon UK the previous September/October/November that had a release date next year started to show as not available if delivery address was outside UK

When Amazon UK get stock from distributors it's scheduled to moved to various fulfilment center locations
Some releases it won't be known until closer to release date if stock going to be at fulfilment center that can ship to a delivery address outside UK
This why you then see some releases as available to order closer to release date or after release date

There are some releases that never become available for delivery outside UK mostly some small independent lables releases and other products

• Informative
Reactions: MrSquifler
Amazon UK
It's to do with Brexit

The pandemic added instances of delivery address showing as not available but was happening before this

It started before UK left EU that some items will show as not available if delivery address was outside UK

As in pre order listings with a release date from January 2020
A lot of pre order listings on Amazon UK the previous September/October/November that had a release date next year started to show as not available if delivery address was outside UK

When Amazon UK get stock from distributors it's scheduled to moved to various fulfilment center locations
Some releases it won't be known until closer to release date if stock going to be at fulfilment center that can ship to a delivery address outside UK
This why you then see some releases as available to order closer to release date or after release date

There are some releases that never become available for delivery outside UK mostly some small independent lables releases and other products
Another thing to thank Brexit for.

The gift that keeps on sh*tting.

My French copy just arrived from Fnac, but I'm posting it in this thread since it's the same art. I'll try to post some pics later when I have time after I open it.

It's still sealed but my first thoughts is that the front does look a bit nicer in hand than I was expecting - particularly the color contrast between the Skull Island and NYC portions of the front doesn't look too bad. The top Kong looks really nice and has a bit of spot gloss on the eyes and mouth. There is a bit of a metallic effect to all the yellow light/fire areas. The lower Kong (also spot glossed) and Dwan still look odd to me, but so it goes. Could've been better, but could've also been worse.

Last edited:
Some pics. Hope they aren’t terrible. Once I unwrapped it I could see the spot glossed areas are top Kong’s eyes and mouth, the base of all the fires at the top of the wall, lower Kong, Dwan, and the ropes.

Also, the TV cut is a bonus feature on the 4K disc. I haven’t checked the blu-ray, but I would imagine it’s there, too.

Sorry…some of the images posted sideways in the thumbnails. I’m m not sure why.

BE7EFFF6-66BC-4FFC-9BBE-B12891E14F4D.jpegF6B2C455-D228-4A25-8CFE-7263DC3C877C.jpeg8D798EEC-82AA-4AE5-B7FB-4334A3F5F0C1.jpeg049B3EFA-6E0E-4A08-B3BD-0D2EE55645FF.jpeg9E54987E-B149-45C8-8DCD-49676602F3ED.jpegE7AFC49B-6C21-49EB-AD9B-B4C490B3275F.jpeg3FE6930D-2933-4A27-BB89-A96741D5A880.jpeg

Just placed an order for this steelbook on Amazon UK an hour ago. So as of that time it was still available for those interested.