King Kong (2005) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #139) [Czech Republic]

carllenc

Premium Supporter
Oct 22, 2011
Czech Republic
Release date: March 4, 2015 May 2019 October 14, 2020 (TBC)
Purchase link: FilmArena
Price: 1599 CZK
Group buy: hosted by carllenc
Note: Full Slip XL. 751 copies

118356325_3512979735485644_6047132565378588844_o.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 16.36.53.png
Screen Shot 2015-08-13 at 16.37.12.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Film Arena is going to sale the steelbooks with minor defects HERE, hope that the fullslip's version will happen very soon.
I received an email with this info too, but I'm confused... :confused: (shhh :p) The Film Arena listing states "numbered" so I'm assuming these "minor defect" copies include fullslips (so a typical FAC release but with defective steels... ?)

I received an email with this info too, but I'm confused... :confused: (shhh :p) The Film Arena listing states "numbered" so I'm assuming these "minor defect" copies include fullslips (so a typical FAC release but with defective steels... ?)

Yes, quite confusing, "numbered" would indicate full slip and all. Hopefully more info soon. If this is the only option to get this release now, I'm ready for it, since I already have King Kong steelbook. Just need to swap the steelbooks.

Yes, quite confusing, "numbered" would indicate full slip and all. Hopefully more info soon. If this is the only option to get this release now, I'm ready for it, since I already have King Kong steelbook. Just need to swap the steelbooks.
Me too buddy, I would still jump on this for the sake of a defective Steel... :wow: I haven't a copy to swap as it stands but that can easily be arranged... :naughty::p I'm just hoping for some good news on this! :cautious::angel: I'll stay tuned :coffee:

Reactions: harry and Hamill82
they took numbered out of the title even i think. Remember they got a batch of steels in from the manufacturer with issues so they burning them off it appears. Just have to see if they did indeed get new batch in for the actual release

Dear Sir,

we are very sorry but this item won´t include fullslip etc it is only
steelbook.

S pozdravem / Best Regards,

Simona Bezd??íková
Filmarena.cz
LOL :LOL: I'm so glad I didn't buy this earlier today! :angel: Didn't pay attention to the price... I just saw it stated King Kong and "numbered" so put the two together= FAC, should it not! :rolleyes: Lucky escape there... :D:whistle::p:thumbs:

Reactions: harry
I have been in conversation with Jan Cikanek, Business manager at Film Arena (who is a friend)

This is the current state of play regarding King Kong.

Early 2015 Film Arena received a batch of KK steelbooks which all had minor damage, for which the Fullslips had already been prepared.
Such are the exacting standards at FA that they felt they could not possibly sell these as FAC products, and are so selling them off separately as 'damaged'.

In March of 2015, Film Arena decided on scrapping the original project, and planning for a new edition.
What is planned is to combine the 'Director's cut' of the film (which has never been released in the Czech Republic) with Brand New WEA artwork for both the Steelbooks and Fullslip.
This, of course, means harmonizing the new batch production with the Director's cut, and the WEA artwork.
Rights issues and artwork approval are hoped to be solved during 2016, with release set for 2017.
Print run at present is planned at between 2,000 and 4,000.

Last edited:
Interesting, thanks for the info @JackRegan! Guess we'll have to wait to 2017, but it sounds even better now so should be worth it. :thumbs: 2016 full of incoming FAC releases anyway, shouldn't get too quiet. :D

Reactions: JackRegan
I know you all gonna be laughing at me, but this is a movie I can't rewatch, when I saw this as a kid what they end up doing to him it just ''scarred me'' ... knowing that I'd have to rewatch this again, but made even better more realistic, I just can't watch this cruelty :facepalm:

Last edited: