King Kong Godzilla Quadrilogy (2021) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Hong Kong]

I'm curious to see what kind of packaging is this - box.
Assuming these are WWA's for all these ones?

This box set will surely have 4 WWA steelbooks as you can't fit 8 discs in one steelbook. Don't believe I will buy this since I already have all the nice US steels, as well as the premium international editions, but I'm curious about the overall packaging.

Why someone attached the wrong term (idk, with Aliens maybe), and everyone started repeating the same.
It should be Tetralogy, (next ones are Pentalogy, Hexalogy, Heptalogy etc).

Why someone attached the wrong term (idk, with Aliens maybe), and everyone started repeating the same.
It appears that both terms refer to 4 related works or a series of 4 works? The terms are interchangeable. At least that is what I read online.

Reactions: DMD4k
Both are correct. Quad- is latin, Tetra- is greek. Both refer to 4. See for example tetrahedron or quadrangle.
Tri- is both latin and greek.
Penta- would be the greek equivalent of the latin Quint- (i.e. pentalogy or quintology)

Reactions: MM3
Both are correct. Quad- is latin, Tetra- is greek. Both refer to 4. See for example tetrahedron or quadrangle.
Tri- is both latin and greek.
Penta- would be the greek equivalent of the latin Quint- (i.e. pentalogy or quintology)
Yeah, but -logy (logos) is Greek root too. That why only all-Greek combination is correct.

Even Frankie Pentangeli character, from The Godfather (Frankie Five Angels) is Greek+Greek combination, since angel is also a word of Greek origin.

Last edited:
Reactions: DMD4k and MM3
Yeah, but -logy (logos) is Greek root too. That why only all-Greek combination is correct.

Even Frankie Pentangeli character, from The Godfather (Frankie Five Angels) is Greek+Greek combination, since angel is also a word of Greek origin.
The English language is a mix of Latin, Greek, French, German and Norse, so a word that combines Latin and Greek syntax is not unusual, at least for modern English grammar.

Latin's equivalent to -logos is -logia. Both are translated as -logy into English.
Now that you mention Angel as a name, it's very common in Spain and Italy, for example, not so much in Greece. Angelos (greek) I believe is not a name, I might be wrong though, Angelus (latin) is definitely a given name.

I understand the point you're making though.

Reactions: megabee
Latin's equivalent to -logos is -logia. Both are translated as -logy into English.
Now that you mention Angel as a name, it's very common in Spain and Italy, for example, not so much in Greece. Angelos (greek) I believe is not a name, I might be wrong though, Angelus (latin) is definitely a given name.

I understand the point you're making though.
My point about Angel was that the word origin is Greek too. It has spread into a lot of languages since then. Even German Kanzlerin first name is Angela.
As for Quadrilogy, I still consider this usage illiterate, and highly non-standard.