Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchi Exclusive No. 22) [Korea]

Dec 2, 2014
UK, China
Release date: 13th of August, 2015
Purchase link:
Full Slip
Lenticular
(Pre-order 10:00AM 10th of July, 2015 Korea Time) You can use this time zone converter. Cancellation and unpaid orders go live at 2 PM, 18th of July (Korean Time)
Price: $34.99 SOLD OUT

Note:
Full Slip Version - no booklet (1000 copies)
Lenticular Version - no booklet (Total 1500 copies)

11698567_1750595668500976_8914404625616728738_n.jpg

11141138_1750595648500978_3798813140680948788_n.jpg
1513681_1751856085041601_1116662957646759661_n.jpg

11247963_1750595608500982_2431029305656581562_n.jpg
11210401_1751856045041605_9148038868932736533_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is anyone asking about extras. The extras are pretty much worthless. Its the steelbook and slip thats important, who cares about art cards or a book that you look at once then stick in a box. I will probably end up ordering both versions and I already have the FilmArena one ordered and I'll probably get the Blufans one as well. I loved this movie.

Why is anyone asking about extras. The extras are pretty much worthless. Its the steelbook and slip thats important, who cares about art cards or a book that you look at once then stick in a box. I will probably end up ordering both versions and I already have the FilmArena one ordered and I'll probably get the Blufans one as well. I loved this movie.

When a retailer sets a standard of always including extras, it seems cheap - like a step down in care/quality - when they don't include any. Extras can be pretty throwaway but I think they're a nice addition to a premium package that helps to justify the overall cost. I personally like seeing a high quality printed booklet from my imported steels, since in the US the steels are very barebones comparatively.

What it comes down to here is two almost identical releases (at least in terms of concept art), but one of those releases has more included at a lesser cost.

When a retailer sets a standard of always including extras, it seems cheap - like a step down in care/quality - when they don't include any. Extras can be pretty throwaway but I think they're a nice addition to a premium package that helps to justify the overall cost. I personally like seeing a high quality printed booklet from my imported steels, since in the US the steels are very barebones comparatively.
Extras (cards/booklets) to me are like the Cherry on top of a sundae or milk shake. I don't want the cherry, I didn't ask for the cherry, it makes the ice cream look a little nicer but when its all said and done I'll probably toss the cherry and would have bought the ice cream with or without at the same price.

Extras (cards/booklets) to me are like the Cherry on top of a sundae or milk shake. I don't want the cherry, I didn't ask for the cherry, it makes the ice cream look a little nicer but when its all said and done I'll probably toss the cherry and would have bought the ice cream with or without at the same price.

lol, but what if you get that same sundae for less money, WITH a cherry??? :thumbs:

Reactions: paulboland
Sweet! Kimchidvd back on the scene with an awesome movie! Definitely in for this. These slips are waaaay better looking than FA.

I don't understand the recent backlash against Asian retailers. Film Arena have a way to go before they match any of them in my opinion.
Nova and Plain Archive still are the best for Full Slips
Kimchi Full Slips some are good but compared to likes of Nova/Plain Archive not as good and the ones that were very good Nova were involved
The Perfume Full Slip is amazing

I cant see at the moment Film Arena Full Slips been better than Nova or Plain Archive if ever but are getting close with Kimchi ones that were not designed by Nova or Plain Archive
The amazing ones from Kimchi Nova was involved with the design with most of them

With Nova now having their online store Kimchi lost ground a bit as they are not getting these releases like they were before

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: jammmy and harry
Definitely a rushed job. The only thing that 'could' turn out to be better is the lenticular on Kimchis slip.
What the hell is Kimchi thinking anyway? I'll probably grab the lenticular to satisfy my addiction though. :emb:
And the price seems unfair (WWA and no goodies for $35) compared to their last release the Raid (WEA and a lot of goodies for $36) :confused:

I don't understand the recent backlash against Asian retailers. Film Arena have a way to go before they match any of them in my opinion.
What's not to understand. Compare what you get with a Filmarena release and what you are getting with this lacklustre release and there simply is no competition. On top of that with the Filmarena release you are getting BOTH a quality fullslip AND a Lenticular Magnet for one relatively low price while the Asian retailers are still playing the "fleece the collector" game by releasing 2-3 versions of the same steelbook forcing you to choose fullslip OR Lenti or spend DOUBLE the amount to get both. And yes I appreciate that its different for WEA steels but for WWA steels FA is kicking some Kimchi butt.

Reactions: ty233
What's not to understand. Compare what you get with a Filmarena release and what you are getting with this lacklustre release and there simply is no competition. On top of that with the Filmarena release you are getting BOTH a quality fullslip AND a Lenticular Magnet for one relatively low price while the Asian retailers are still playing the "fleece the collector" game by releasing 2-3 versions of the same steelbook forcing you to choose fullslip OR Lenti or spend DOUBLE the amount to get both. And yes I appreciate that its different for WEA steels but for WWA steels FA is kicking some Kimchi butt.

Well keep in mind some people keep their steels sealed. A lenticular magnet does them no good.

As much as it pains me to say it, on paper I'd say FA wins this release. I just think we're jumping the gun a little just completely waving this edition off. Show me the lenticular effect, and if it wows and doesn't ghost like the FA release I might regain interest.