La La Land (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Mar 3, 2020
Release date: February 8, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $19.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

9490D339-D9D1-447C-AF3E-B21D8135B903.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
First disc flopping in the breeze in quite sometime, do a drive buy tomorrow see if any happen to be on the shelf for a swap.

I try to avoid mail delivery from BB these days. But I didn’t want to risk missing this one. My preorders didn’t arrive yesterday, and by the evening there was only one BB in the NYC area that still had copies; it happened to be the closest one to me.

I put in an ISPU just to be safe and it’s a good thing I did. My two preorder copies arrived crushed in a good ‘ole Best Buy bubble mailer (and I had bought two trying to be safe…).

My store copy has a few small and one big scuff on the back of the PET slip, but the slip front and steelbook are all perfect. This is why I almost never do BB mail order. I get waaaaay more mint steelbooks from Europe than from Best Buy.

I ended up with loose disks too, so I ordered another pair and we’ll see how it goes when they arrive.
Got my 2nd pair. First one has a loose disk. 2nd one no loose disk. YAY. Oh wait it's got a big ole dent on the bottom. It looks like it was hit with something from the inside of the case. Will have to decide which of the others to keep and which to return to Best Buy. I really thought with 2 I'd be safe...and then surely with another 2 one would be just right, but noooooo.

Yeap, all those damaged returns are available for shipping again waiting for more damage in those bubble mailers
Could be, but for me it doesn’t matter, since shipping is free. I went through 4 or 5 La La lands just to get one that’s good enough (though i may try again to see if I can get better). Ordered 2 eternals and both had seriously torn shrink. Swapped one out one and it looked better, but loose disk…then went to a 2nd store and 2 perfect copies (because i forgot I only wanted one…so one of these days I’ll return that one). I miss them putting them in stores. I found that a far more reliable way to get undamaged copies without loose disks or other imperfections.

Here’s hoping that Hunger games is pristine.