La La Land (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: May 15, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zoom - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £21.99 (Amazon) - £22.99 (Zoom - Zavvi - HMV)
01-414309.jpg

02-414309.jpg
03-414309.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Had the opportunity. Thought about picking one up to trade but decided to let someone else nab it. Congrats to those who picked it up, it's a great release

I'll be happy to get one for £22.99 rather than £30/40 even if it is unsealed. Not seen the film yet so hope it turns up in time for a weekend viewing. :happy:

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark
View attachment 325570

So mine turned up today in wrap around cardboard packaging.

It's unsealed but in a polybag. Looks like these last few may have just been ones that they pulled from stores where they keep the discs behind the desk

They look like returns mate

They don't keep discs behind the tills, the keep empty PlayStation/ Xbox etc game cases in the store front and then the sealed game behind the till in draws and sometimes with box sets (leaving the empty case filled with poly on store front) but not actual discs.

I've seen returns come back and get put back out on shelves (depending on whether it's a faulty disc or not) and in this case it looks like a similar thing and kept them for resale. You may have tiny scratch or dent where a OCD collector has returned it. Not saying you have because someone could of returned it for another reason but that's what it looks to me

(Same with online website returns. If the disc is faulty they will send back to the distributor but if it's just sent back for another reason and it's not badly damaged they would of saved them until enough came back to go back online. Pretty sure same thing happened with hateful 8 and other possible titles)

• Thanks
Reactions: jitstark
They look like returns mate

They don't keep discs behind the tills, the keep empty PlayStation/ Xbox etc game cases in the store front and then the sealed game behind the till in draws and sometimes with box sets (leaving the empty case filled with poly on store front) but not actual discs.

I've seen returns come back and get put back out on shelves (depending on whether it's a faulty disc or not) and in this case it looks like a similar thing and kept them for resale. You may have tiny scratch or dent where a OCD collector has returned it. Not saying you have because someone could of returned it for another reason but that's what it looks to me

(Same with online website returns. If the disc is faulty they will send back to the distributor but if it's just sent back for another reason and it's not badly damaged they would of saved them until enough came back to go back online. Pretty sure same thing happened with hateful 8 and other possible titles)

You can add conjuring 2 to that list...Ordered online and got sent a dented up instore Steel complete with security tag and tape :wtf:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Did that take a week to get to you?

Is that not very long for UK postage?

Ordered on the weekend which they don't ship. Dispatched on next working day Monday so should had arrived on Wednesday. But arrived today which is 3 working days. Normally HMV take 2 working days. So for me that is slow.

HMV used to be first class postage and would arrive next working day if you ordered by around 2pm latest.