Release date: September 19th, 2016
Purchase links: Amazon UK - HMV - Zavvi
Price: £29.99
Notes: Includes UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray discs

11322120-1064410212496438.jpg

11322120-1604410212666037.jpg

11322120-1214410212552235.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Apologies, folks, eating my words as I write this.

Just spotted this listing at HMV Online and ordered for GBP 19.99 which just seems too good to pass up:thumbs: (I've noticed Amazon price tracks HMV on certain items and it's not impossible that Amazon will follow suit though somehow I doubt it).

Fingers crossed the price is not a mistake.

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Apologies, folks, eating my words as I write this.

Just spotted this listing at HMV Online and ordered for GBP 19.99 which just seems too good to pass up:thumbs: (I've noticed Amazon price tracks HMV on certain items and it's not impossible that Amazon will follow suit though somehow I doubt it).

Fingers crossed the price is not a mistake.
Thanks @virkia! Hopefully Amazon follow suit and drop their price too! I would order with HMV but I use Paypal so it's money upfront. Amazon would be better.:)

Looking forward to this, good artwork hope the steelbook gets a good finnish too, video quality will be vastly improved, new content/features. :)

The HMV price at the moment is a very good deal, considering it has a Blu-ray and 4k UHD disc, the 4k Amaray is the same price currently, I won't be upgrading to 4k a while though.

Labyrinth Magic Dance.gif

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: harry
Amazon Italy has this as one disc as well, also cheaper(I think it's €22.99) than amazon uk's listing

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
According to Zavvi
11322120-1504407352358988.jpg

. . . with HMV's steelbook listing now disappeared and replaced with this:-
http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray/labyrinth
Type in LABYRINTH STEELBOOK in the HMV search bar = no result.
No LABYRINTH STEELBOOK amongst the 76 or so steelbooks in the HMV steelbook section

A STEELBOOK is still listed in my Orders for the 24th July but I still think I'd better drop them a line to find out what on earth is going on as don't want to receive a non-steelbook edition.

Product Product options Qty Status Unit Price (inc. VAT) Total Price (excl. VAT) VAT Total Price
Labyrinth 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook
Released: 19th September 2016
Pure points: 1999
sku 337181

1 Released: 19th September 2016 £19.99 (excl. VAT) £16.66 (excl. VAT) £3.33 £19.99
Subtotal (excl. VAT) £16.66
VAT £3.33
Delivery (UK 1st Class Post): £0.00
Total Pure Points for Order1999
Total: £19.99

• © 2016 HMV Ecommerce Limited
In summary: haven't contacted them yet for clarification but I've a sinking feeling that I'll not be able to pick up this 4KUHD steelbook for 20 quid after all and that it was wrongly listed as a steelbook which is not to say that HMV will not be stocking it but that when they do I've a sneaking suspicion that it will be priced at the Amazon level of a penny shy of 30 quid :(:(:(:(:(:(. . .

Last edited:
  • Thanks
According to Zavvi
11322120-1504407352358988.jpg
with HMV's steelbook listing now disappeared and replaced with this:-
http://store.hmv.com/film-tv/4k-ultra-hd-blu-ray/labyrinth

A STEELBOOK is still listed in my Orders for the 24th July but I still think I'd better drop them a line to find out what on earth is going on as don't want to receive a non-steelbook edition.

Product Product options Qty Status Unit Price (inc. VAT) Total Price (excl. VAT) VAT Total Price
Labyrinth 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook
Released: 19th September 2016
Pure points: 1999
sku 337181

1 Released: 19th September 2016 £19.99 (excl. VAT) £16.66 (excl. VAT) £3.33 £19.99
Subtotal (excl. VAT) £16.66
VAT £3.33
Delivery (UK 1st Class Post): £0.00
Total Pure Points for Order1999
Total: £19.99

• © 2016 HMV Ecommerce Limited
I noticed there is two listings on Amazon now. One for the regular 4K Amaray and another for the Steelbook. Maybe HMV need to add another listing for the Steelbook?

Surely they will . . . but @GBP 29.99.
GUTTED!

EDIT 27th July:
ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL :thumbs::happy:
Reply from HMV to my email regarding this item

"Ref: HQ-53251
Thank you for your email.
I was sorry to hear of the confusion caused by an amended stock photograph for the new release of The Labyrinth, this was due to a website error which has now been resolved.
I can confirm that, this item was originally advertised incorrectly, however, having spoken to the Visual sales department, he has informed me that, we will honour this transaction and you will receive the steelbook version of the film on, or shortly after the release date.
Thank you for getting in touch and apologies for any confusion once again.
Kind regards
Ian
Customer Service Team"

Last edited:
Surely they will . . . but @GBP 29.99.
GUTTED!

EDIT 27th July:
ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL :thumbs::happy:
Reply from HMV to my email regarding this item

"Ref: HQ-53251
Thank you for your email.
I was sorry to hear of the confusion caused by an amended stock photograph for the new release of The Labyrinth, this was due to a website error which has now been resolved.
I can confirm that, this item was originally advertised incorrectly, however, having spoken to the Visual sales department, he has informed me that, we will honour this transaction and you will receive the steelbook version of the film on, or shortly after the release date.
Thank you for getting in touch and apologies for any confusion once again.
Kind regards
Ian
Customer Service Team"

That's great news. Do you think that will apply to everyone who ordered it or just those that email them before release?

Should be for everyone but best to remind them of the issue before release date and of the original listing for the steelbook . . . in other words, remind them that you ordered a 4KUHD steelbook for GBP 19.99 and NOT a 4KUHD black Amaray.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Details of the steelbook now showing and it really looks quite nice and white as hoped for.
Not sure about the Matte finish for this but I suppose they know what they are doing . . .
Labyrinth-packshot-front.fit-to-width.1000x1000.q80.png

Labyrinth-packshot-inside.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Labyrinth-packshot-outside.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

"Labyrinth
This fantastic 80s movie Labyrinth is revived in a SteelBook® edition where the original poster is used as front artwork as a tribute to this all time classic.

The 2 disc Blu-ray SteelBook® edition of Labyrinth contains both a Blu-ray and a 4K Ultra HD edition of the classic fantasy movie.

Celebrate the 30th anniversary of this beloved fantasy classic from visionary filmmaker Jim Henson, now fully remastered in 4K.
Specs
  • Release Date
    19 Sep 2016
  • Locations
    United Kingdom
  • Formats
    Blu-Ray
  • Genres
    Movies + TV
  • Finishes
    MATTE
  • Publisher
    Sony Pictures"
This ........................................................................or this - I know which one I prefer

Labyrinth-packshot-outside.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Labyrinth_Packshot_Open-Outside_SteelBook.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Should be for everyone but best to remind them of the issue before release date and of the original listing for the steelbook . . . in other words, remind them that you ordered a 4KUHD steelbook for GBP 19.99 and NOT a 4KUHD black Amaray.

I contacted hmv through their site and they got back to me very quickly with a similar reply to yours, saying that 'of course' they would honour the price and send me the steelbook.

Thanks.

:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Mobley and Flash
I would have liked this but not long got the mondo one not double dipping :(
If you like extras the Labyrinth: 30th Anniversary Edition has some decent new extras not in the previous Blu-ray that was in the Mondo X steelbook and also even more important a new 4K Restoration

You can order the UK Digibook Labyrinth: 30th Anniversary Edition on Amazon it's a decent price £10.99 if you want to get just the new restored Blu-ray
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IPGMRMO/?tag=hidefnin-21

If you like extras the Labyrinth: 30th Anniversary Edition has some decent new extras not in the previous Blu-ray that was in the Mondo X steelbook and also even more important a new 4K Restoration

You can order the UK Digibook Labyrinth: 30th Anniversary Edition on Amazon it's a decent price £10.99 if you want to get just the new restored Blu-ray
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01IPGMRMO/?tag=hidefnin-21

Thanks that's kind of you to take the time to tell me but no must not double dip :(

Reactions: paulboland
Too bad the finish is matte, meesa lika glossy white steels. But hey, could look great with the right paint job (like Sherlock).