Premium Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
Australia
Release Date: March 23, 2016
Price: ¥1653
Purchase Link: amazon.co.jp

91PbjVQ5jNL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempted to order this to go with the Mondo steel @tridon or any Ninjas what's packaging like from Amazon Japan?
They have an excellent packaging, from experienced they have the best out of all amazons (US, UK, Germany, Italy, France and Canada)
Found some old pics in my recycle bin. Just one item I bought from amazon.jp
I never tried the "gift wrap" option yet but this is their regular packaging. They always wrap the item(s) in the middle of an extra cardboard so it won't move.

G2014JS (6).JPG G2014JS (7).JPG G2014JS (19).JPG

I have to disagree buddy, I think the Mondo edition has a better artwork.
lab_spread-png.204200
I have to respectfully disagree. Bowie looks like Alicia Silverstone on a bad hair day. Jennifer Connelly looks like drawing from a Sunday comic. (And it looks like he is holding her picture on a flat pendant and not a sphere).
The inside disc looks like a Sid and Marty Croft character from Sigmund and the Sea Monster, and the back looks like the cover of a long lost RUSH album from the '70's. And then they dropped the whole thing in grape kool-aid.
My Mondo collection will be missing a disc.

I have to respectfully disagree. Bowie looks like Alicia Silverstone on a bad hair day. Jennifer Connelly looks like drawing from a Sunday comic. (And it looks like he is holding her picture on a flat pendant and not a sphere).
The inside disc looks like a Sid and Marty Croft character from Sigmund and the Sea Monster, and the back looks like the cover of a long lost RUSH album from the '70's. And then they dropped the whole thing in grape kool-aid.
My Mondo collection will be missing a disc.

Holy crap, you absolutely nailed all of that! :rofl: Although I like the back (what can I say, I have a weakness for '70s Rush) and kind of like the inside, the rest is just awful. It's the first Mondo steelbook that I've chosen not to buy because I hate the artwork--as opposed to disliking (Rambo, Highlander) or outright despising (Boondock Saints) the movie itself.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Holy crap, you absolutely nailed all of that! :rofl: Although I like the back (what can I say, I have a weakness for '70s Rush) and kind of like the inside, the rest is just awful. It's the first Mondo steelbook that I've chosen not to buy because I hate the artwork--as opposed to disliking (Rambo, Highlander) or outright despising (Boondock Saints) the movie itself.
:rofl:
Go get the movie (documentary) OVERNIGHT (2003) and you will feel much better about hating Boondock Saints. (It is utter poop).
I didn't hate Rambo (but I didn't love it either). And I am STILL trying to figure out who the other guy is supposed to be on the cover of the Highlander steelbook. I don't remember Clancy Brown looking like Dr. Frank-N -Furter from Rocky Horror in the movie. Did he really have such supple and pouty lips?
They all can't be winners - but c'mon. The Highlander Steelbook looks like it should be for Creepshow.

Last edited:
Reactions: adarkcorner
:rofl:
Go get the movie OVERNIGHT and you will feel much better about hating Boondock Saints. (It is utter poop).
I didn't hate Rambo (but I didn't love it either). And I am STILL trying to figure out who the other guy is supposed to be on the cover of the Highlander steelbook. I don't remember Clancy Brown looking like Dr. Frank-N -Furter from Rocky Horror in the movie. Did he really have such supple and pouty lips?
They all can't be winners - but c'mon. The Highlander Steelbook looks like it should be for Creepshow.

:LOL: Yeah, I fibbed a little about Labyrinth being the first Mondo artwork I didn't like, 'cause I don't care for the Highlander artwork either--but that's mostly because it's just totally inappropriate for that movie. You're right, the style looks exactly like it should be used for Creepshow. I'd buy that steelbook.

I actually saw Overnight before seeing Boondock Saints, so that probably played some small part in my reaction to it. I've also since read that the documentary is pretty biased--but there are quite a few scenes in it that simply speak for themselves and cannot be interpreted in any way other than "Troy Duffy is the douchebag to end all douchebags." And his arrogance is all the more repulsive because he has absolutely nothing to justify it--his movie is pure derivative crap. And his music is even more humiliating.

Reactions: C.C. 95
:LOL: Yeah, I fibbed a little about Labyrinth being the first Mondo artwork I didn't like, 'cause I don't care for the Highlander artwork either--but that's mostly because it's just totally inappropriate for that movie. You're right, the style looks exactly like it should be used for Creepshow. I'd buy that steelbook.

I actually saw Overnight before seeing Boondock Saints, so that probably played some small part in my reaction to it. I've also since read that the documentary is pretty biased--but there are quite a few scenes in it that simply speak for themselves and cannot be interpreted in any way other than "Troy Duffy is the douchebag to end all douchebags." And his arrogance is all the more repulsive because he has absolutely nothing to justify it--his movie is pure derivative crap. And his music is even more humiliating.
But Miramax was scared of him because he was a "triple threat"!:rofl:

Reactions: adarkcorner
is this the best edition to get?
I don't like the Mondo
but i don't see many editions of this movie

@C.C. 95 @adarkcorner Back on topic, please. :thumbs:

They have an excellent packaging, from experienced they have the best out of all amazons (US, UK, Germany, Italy, France and Canada)
Found some old pics in my recycle bin. Just one item I bought from amazon.jp
I never tried the "gift wrap" option yet but this is their regular packaging. They always wrap the item(s) in the middle of an extra cardboard so it won't move.

View attachment 217172 View attachment 217173 View attachment 217174

I've gone with the gift wrap ever since my Batman Steels arrived flat as a pancake. It's a little extra cash, but it's worth it to me if I receive a mint slipcover. When I order this Labyrinth, I'll be doing it once again. :)