Horror Chat Last horror film watched/purchased?

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
General horror discussion thread! Chat away!

North American Releases
updated 08/10/09

20 Million Miles to Earth: 50th Anniversary Edition
28 Days Later...
28 Weeks Later...
30 Days of Night
AVP: Alien Vs. Predator: Theatrical + Unrated
AVPR: Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem -Extreme Unrated Set
AVP: Alien Vs. Predator Unrated 2-Pack (both movies)
Alone in the Dark
American Psycho (Unrated)
American Werewolf in London, An - 10/13/09
Amityville Horror, The '79
Amusement
Anaconda
Army of Darkness: Screwhead Edition - 10/13/09
Audition - 10/07/09
Beast, The Special Extended Edition
Beetlejuice - 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
Bird with the Crystal Plumage, The
Black Christmas 74
Black Christmas 74 - Canada
Blood & Chocolate
Book of Blood, Clive Barker's - 09/29/09
Bram Stoker's Dracula - Collector's Edition
Breed, The
Carrie
Children, The - 10/06/09
Children of the Corn
Child's Play - 09/15/09
Cloverfield
Constantine
Covenant, The
Creepshow - 09/08/09
Cruel World
Curse of King Tut's Tomb, The
Dark Water - Theatrical Version
Dawn of the Dead 78 (127 Minute 'True' Theatrical/Director's Version)
Dawn of the Dead 04 - Unrated Director's Cut (110 Minute Version)
Day of the Dead (Uncut) (Audio Edited)
Day of the Dead 08
Day Watch (Unrated)
Dead and Buried
Dead Girl - 09/15/09
Descent, The - Original Unrated Cut
Devil's Rejects, The - 109 Minute Unrated Director's Cut
Dexter - The Complete First Season
Dexter - The Complete Second Season
Diary of the Dead
Dog Soldiers
Doom - Unrated Extended Edition (113 Minute Version)
Drag Me to Hell - 10/20/09
Dragon Wars
Echo, The - 11/19/09
Eden Lake
Eden Log
End of Days
Event Horizon
Elsewhere
Evil Dead 2
Exorcism of Emily Rose, The (Unrated)
Exorcist, The - 09/08/09
Eye, The (US)
Faces of Death - 30th Anniversary Edition
Fido - Canada
Final Days of Planet Earth
Final Patient, The
Final Destination
Destination 4: The Final Destination - 12/22/09
Flatliners
Flesh for the Beast
Fly, The ('86)
Freddy vs Jason
Freddy vs. Jason - US - 09/08/09
Friday the 13th (Uncut)
Friday the 13th (2009)
Friday the 13th Part 2
Friday the 13th Part 3D
From a Place of Darkness
From Dusk Till Dawn - Canada
From Hell
Ghost Ship - 10/06/09
Ghosts of Mars
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters 2
GNAW - 10/13/09
Gothika
Grindhouse Presents: Planet Terror - Extended and Unrated
Grindhouse Presents: Death Proof - Extended and Unrated
Grudge, The (US)
Halloween 78
Halloween 78 - 30th Anniversary Commemorative Set
Halloween 07 - Unrated Director's Cut (121 Minute Version)
Haunting in Connecticut, The
Hellraiser
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - 09/29/09
Hills Have Eyes 2, The (Unrated)
Hollow Man - Director's Cut
Host, The - Collector's Edition
Hostel - Director's Cut
Hostel: Part 2 - Unrated Director's Cut
House of 1000 Corpses (Rated)
House of Wax
I Am Legend
I Am Legend - Ultimate Collector's Edition
I Am Legend Steelbook - Canada
Ichi the Killer - 10/20/09
Identity
I Know What You Did Last Summer
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles
It Came from Beneath the Sea
Killer Movie - 10/13/09
King Kong 05
Land of the Dead - 97 Minute Unrated Director's Cut
Let the Right One In
Living Dead at Machester Morgue, The - 10/27/09
Lost Blood: Blood the Last Vampire - 10/??/09

Lost Boys, The
Lost Boys 2: The Tribe - Uncut Version
Mary Shelley's Frankenstien - 10/13/09
Masters of Horror Vol 1-4
Messengers, The
Midnight Meat Train - Unrated Director's Cut
Midnight Movie - 10/13/09
Mirrors - (122 minute Unrated Version)
Misery - 09/15/09
Mist, The
Mortuary
Mummy, The 1999
Mummy Returns, The
Mummy, The : Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
Mummy Trilogy, The
My Bloody Valentine 3D
My Name is Bruce
New York Ripper, The - 09/29/09
Nightmare on Elm Street, A - Canada
Night of the Creeps - 10/20/09
Night of the Werewolf (Retorno del Hombre-Lobo, El ) (1980) / Vengeance of the Zombies (Uncut)
Nightwatch
Number 23, The - 10/06/09
Offspring - 10/06/09

Omega Man, The
Omen Collection, The
Omen, The (1976)
Omen, The (2006)
One Missed Call (USA)
Orphan - 10/27/09
Orphanage, The
Otis (Uncut)
Poltergeist
Postal - Unrated Director's Cut
Predator
Premonition
Primeval
Prom Night - Unrated Version
Quarantine
Ray Harryhausen Collection
Reaping, The
Re-Cycle (Gwai wik)
Repulsion (Criterion)
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Resident Evil: Extinction
Resident Evil: The High Definition Trilogy
Resident Evil: Degeneration
Rest Stop: Dead End (Uncut)
Rest Stop: Don't Look Back (Uncut)
Return to House on Haunted Hill
Ruins, The (Unrated)
Salvage
Saw (103 Minute U.S. Theatrical Version)
Saw 2 - Unrated Edition
Saw 3 - 113 Minute Unrated Edition
Saw 4 - Unrated Director's Cut
Saw 5 - 2 Disc Unrated Director's Cut
Scary Movie
Secret, The (Si j'étais toi)
Secret Window
See No Evil
Seed of Chucky - Canada
Seventh Moon - 10/06/09
Shadow: Dead Riot
Shaun of the Dead - 09/22/09
Shining, The
Shutter US (Unrated)
Signal, The
Silence of the Lambs, The
Silent Hill
Sixth Sense, The
Sleepy Hollow
Snakes on a Plane - 09/08/09
Species
Splinter
Starship Troopers
Starship Troopers 3: Marauder
Starship Troopers Trilogy
Stendhal Syndrome, The (Complete Italian Version)
Stir of Echoes
Strangers, The - 88 Minute Unrated
Sublime - Uncut
Sunshine
Surveillance
Taking Lives
Tell No One
Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The (1974)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The
Thaw, The - 10/06/09
Thing, The (1982)
Thirteenth Floor, The
Trick 'r Treat - 10/??/09
True Blood - Season 1
True Blood - Season 2 - ??/??/??
Twilight - Two Disc Special Edition
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Two Evil Eyes
Underworld - Unrated Extended Cut (134 Minute Version)
Underworld: Evolution
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
Uninvited, The (2009)
Urban Legend
Vacancy
Van Helsing - 10/13/09
Vengeance
Wicker Man, The (2006 Unrated)
Wolf - 10/13/09
Woods Have Eyes, The
Wrong Turn - 09/15/09
Wrong Turn 2: Dead End - 09/15/09
Wrong Turn 3 - 10/20/09

X Files: Fight the Future (Extended Version)
X Files: I Want to Believe - Ultimate XPhile Edition
Zombie Strippers - Special Edition (Unrated)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: oselallo
Got a chance to get a few more in. As it happens I'm on vacay, so plenty of time for the macabre sublime.

large_oJSE6vHE7Xt0wlAuUH88uVNBqSI.jpg

My first zombie film. Back in 1978 my buddies and I were all going to check out a sneak peak midnight movie at the Hillsborough Theater. I was oblivious to what the movie was but my buddy Mike knew and was holding it over us. When I asked him what the film was about, he told me "It's a love story" and laughed. Since I consider it the greatest zombie flick of all time I guess it is love after all.

zombieland-2009-poster.jpg

Zombie's and comedy all rolled up in to one. Perfect casting with this group, and I love how they go from hating each to becoming friends. Excellent narration by an actor I don't normally care for but he's perfect in this role. Harrelson? He's freakin' awesome!! Storyline get's pretty deep in this too. A most worthy film.

Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
8 days in and I've watched nowhere near the amount is of liked too:LOL::whistle: been so busy with work but have some time off after today so plan to binge a little whilst the kids are at school and then as Wreck saidfit some family-friendly ones in at the evening and weekend.

3 from hell is definitely one that I'll be watching at some point, along with the rest of Zombies releases:thumbs:
Normally I find myself fighting against time, but I'm managed to get in almost all of the films on my list. Have added a couple I didn't initially select as well. Right now I'm watching The Wolfman with Benecio Del Torro. Love this movie and its gothic horror charm.

Reactions: tridon and Robles
Normally I find myself fighting against time, but I'm managed to get in almost all of the films on my list. Have added a couple I didn't initially select as well. Right now I'm watching The Wolfman with Benecio Del Torro. Love this movie and its gothic horror charm.
Have definitely got in more over the last few days than I thought I would :happy:

So far I have got in

The Exorcist
The Shining
Childs play
Scary movie 1 & 2 :spoil:( Cant bear the others) :wow:
House of a thousand corpses
Society
Original IT
IT ( 2017 ) Watching now
Poltergeist ( First time my missus has watched this and she absolutely **** herself) :rofl::rofl::OMG:
Nightmare on elm st ( original )
Childs play ( 2019 ) Watching later tonight

Got a few more to try and catch up on to meet the 31 but have a few more planned over the next few days inc 3 from hell and hoping that my Nightbreed order turns up before the end of the month o try and squeeze that in too:naughty::thumbs:

I keep forgetting to come in here after I watch one so I’ll just post a bulk again.

Okay so done quite a few again. Few old, few new and as much recommendation as I can get from @tridon because he always introduces me to the ones I’ve not seen or heard of lol.

Childs play (2019) - I’ll be honest I didn’t mind it. I thought it was going to be rubbish but plaza and hamill sold me. I kinda like the small soldiers twist on it and it was much more violent than I thought it was going to be. I also like that they kept it slightly comical like the originals. Not amazing but not bad either

Apostle - I’ve seen it before but couldn’t really remember much. I’m not too sure what to say about this one because even after 2 watches bits have gone over my head. It’s eerie, well acted and just pretty messed up. I’m quite bad a period pieces and a lot of chatter goes through one ear and out the other. Kinda like the speech in the witch but I still enjoyed that one much more. Maybe this one is a bit too long.

The ritual - I love this film. I think this is like the 5th time I’ve seen it. I just love it. Spall is awesome (well they all are), it’s creepy, great visuals and the beast is very well done. Very well done. If you haven’t seen it, watch it.

It follows - one of my favourites and just fancied again (for the umpteenth time)

Jeepers creepers - again I just love this film and fancied it again. I love their chemistry and how contained the film is. I kinda wish the sequel was better and I’ve not even bothered with the last one. It’s a one off for me

Annabelle comes home - rubbish. Absolute rubbish. I only watched this like a month ago but I thought I’d give it another go. Not sure why I did this. The only good thing Is the 5 minutes of Patrick Wilson and Vera farmiga. Like the conjuring 2 it’s ruined by very dodgy CGI but the conjuring 2 can be excused as it’s only one scene that ruined it for me. This goes full overboard with too many demons and one in particular was like watching the goosebumps film. Just poor.
Creation is the best of the 3 (couldn’t stand the first one either)

Okay so the newbies

Tales of Halloween - although not a new film, I hadn’t seen it. I just didn’t enjoy it. I knew it was supposed to be a comedy too but it didn’t make me laugh once. I think horror and comedy can go hand in hand when done well or a kind of dark comedy. Zombieland, Shaun of the dead and the babysitter for some examples work well. This didn't imo. I was so bored I kinda switched off. Also I don’t mind Anthology either and again when done well it works. Like trick r treat which I felt this was trying to mimic in places. I think trick r treat is the only anthology horror that I’ve found that’s strong all the way through. Others just have a few segments that work like XX, Holidays, V/H/S etc but yeah I won’t be watching this again.

The final girls - thanks to @tridon On this one. Thought it was excellent. I honestly didn’t know what to expect and I’m glad I watched it. Again another good example of horror and comedy working well. It’s a mad concept and I’ll be honest, about 15 minutes in I was skeptical but they threw themselves in to the madness and just rolled with it. No holding back. Taissa was great as usual (and I find her so hot so it’s always a bonus) but Adam Devine as per had me in stitches. The crazy girl who just wants to get naked made me laugh too. Crazy but rewarding film. A sequel would be very interesting. Cheers for that one Ken

Haha, Ken, so I couldn’t resist myself even after I read your review and told you I’d scrapped it. I ended up watching them both on the same night

Final Girl - yep fully agree with you. Rubbish lol. I don’t get it. So the guy that trains her is clearly a lot older than her, he’s lost his wife and child to someone killing them. Then it’s like 12 years later and her training is finished to kill 4 lads who have been killing other girls who I can only assume they killed this older guys wife. The lads are like 18. So that don’t add up. Plus they take Girls out that they have kind of won over. Girls that are into these guys and attracted to them. So does that mean that the other guys wife was attracted to one of these younger lads and they took her to the woods to kill her when they were like 6 years old? I was so confused lol. Weird
Also it’s weird that the main blonde guy is in both of these final girl films made in the same year lol

Wounds - okay so I’ve been looking forward to this one for a while. I’m not going to lie this freaked me out. I don’t fully understand it apart from the kids do some ritual and open up the door to some demon or somthing along those lines. Armie hammer, Dakota Johnson and zazie beetz are all excellent in this. Some of the visuals and editing is so creepy that it messed me up a little bit. Probably didn’t help that I watched this at like 2am when I couldn’t sleep but I kinda loved it whilst watching it. It has some really creepy moments but I don’t get the ending. Anyway, after watching it I went to sleep. Now I don’t have nightmares or anything like that. I have some weird dreams but I can’t remember the last time I had a nightmare. Must of been a kid. But I woke up around 5am freaking out and sweating thinking someone was in my room just staring at me and I couldn’t even open my eyes. So yeah that made some kind of impact on me. Not sure id watch it again, mainly because I don’t want to go through the experience I went through after again lol

Reactions: tridon
Got in a couple more yesterday!
an-american-werewolf-in-london-movie-poster-1981-1020194534.jpg

Who was utterly blown away by the sensational transformation in this film???? This guy!!!! It's hard to blow my socks off with typical horror monster fare, but this film sure did it. A perfect mix of horror and humor, with a righteous looking babe in Jenny Agutter who's a nurse who takes home stray American men!!! But seriously, the entirety of this film is damn near perfect and fully delivers. On a side note my former drummer Corey was so inspired by this movie he went to Orlando to a Make Up con featuring Rick Baker and they hit it off. Corey is now living the dream and was just part of the nominated group in Three Billboards.....

earsdthgyuijo.jpg

It takes more than a solid effort to best an initial movie in a series but boy does this do it in spades. The chemistry of the marines is awesome do in no small part to Jeff Paxton who shines like a winey kick ass dude. Plus, it's always satisfying when the big dirtbag of the movie get's his in a most deserved way. Killer film in every way and so strong to me I look at Alien 3 as merely a nightmare zipping thru Ripley's coma induced mind.

Ah man I love American werewolf in London and yeah the transformation is awesome.
That’s absolutely awesome about your mate!!!!!

Some newbies for the list! Admittedly, I haven't been sticking as close to my schedule as I wanted to, but that's because there's been so many non-horror movies arriving in the theatre this month!

I really didn’t get on with in the tall grass. Mentioned it to you on your insta but yeah found it to be standard king.

Absolutely love a girl walks home alone at night. Perfect.

Not heard of tigers are not afraid but it sounds interesting and I’ll have to check it out. Cool that the director commented on your post though. Love that

I won’t go into IT 2 too much but you do make a good point about the smart phones however, I think I can excuse that for some reason. It’s like Andy has made the mix of 80s story with modern times and not thought of a workaround with smartphones however I think the whole, pennywise is controlling more than you realise comes into play. Like he’s controlling everyone inside Derry including parents, kids and social media haha. but I found that we got more pennywise in this film compared to the first film. Maybe because I look at the monsters he creates as him too, I’m not sure. I do agree some scenes could of been cut a bit shorter though.
My main concern with the CGI and it’s the same with the first film is the leper. Why wasn’t that practical? I mean in the sequel I get that the tall lady and the woodchuck were but why was the leper. Never understood that. I honestly think the CGI works better and is more needed in this film because his shape shifting takes it to another level and a lot of them are bigger things especially his spider-wise at the end (and again the woodchuck). But the first film should of used more practical effects imo

It’s a long ride but I think they work better as one long watch. But I get some won’t want to do a 5 hour sitting

I keep forgetting to come in here after I watch one so I’ll just post a bulk again.

Okay so done quite a few again. Few old, few new and as much recommendation as I can get from @tridon because he always introduces me to the ones I’ve not seen or heard of lol.

Childs play (2019) - I’ll be honest I didn’t mind it. I thought it was going to be rubbish but plaza and hamill sold me. I kinda like the small soldiers twist on it and it was much more violent than I thought it was going to be. I also like that they kept it slightly comical like the originals. Not amazing but not bad either

Apostle - I’ve seen it before but couldn’t really remember much. I’m not too sure what to say about this one because even after 2 watches bits have gone over my head. It’s eerie, well acted and just pretty messed up. I’m quite bad a period pieces and a lot of chatter goes through one ear and out the other. Kinda like the speech in the witch but I still enjoyed that one much more. Maybe this one is a bit too long.

The ritual - I love this film. I think this is like the 5th time I’ve seen it. I just love it. Spall is awesome (well they all are), it’s creepy, great visuals and the beast is very well done. Very well done. If you haven’t seen it, watch it.

It follows - one of my favourites and just fancied again (for the umpteenth time)

Jeepers creepers - again I just love this film and fancied it again. I love their chemistry and how contained the film is. I kinda wish the sequel was better and I’ve not even bothered with the last one. It’s a one off for me

Annabelle comes home - rubbish. Absolute rubbish. I only watched this like a month ago but I thought I’d give it another go. Not sure why I did this. The only good thing Is the 5 minutes of Patrick Wilson and Vera farmiga. Like the conjuring 2 it’s ruined by very dodgy CGI but the conjuring 2 can be excused as it’s only one scene that ruined it for me. This goes full overboard with too many demons and one in particular was like watching the goosebumps film. Just poor.
Creation is the best of the 3 (couldn’t stand the first one either)

Okay so the newbies

Tales of Halloween - although not a new film, I hadn’t seen it. I just didn’t enjoy it. I knew it was supposed to be a comedy too but it didn’t make me laugh once. I think horror and comedy can go hand in hand when done well or a kind of dark comedy. Zombieland, Shaun of the dead and the babysitter for some examples work well. This didn't imo. I was so bored I kinda switched off. Also I don’t mind Anthology either and again when done well it works. Like trick r treat which I felt this was trying to mimic in places. I think trick r treat is the only anthology horror that I’ve found that’s strong all the way through. Others just have a few segments that work like XX, Holidays, V/H/S etc but yeah I won’t be watching this again.

The final girls - thanks to @tridon On this one. Thought it was excellent. I honestly didn’t know what to expect and I’m glad I watched it. Again another good example of horror and comedy working well. It’s a mad concept and I’ll be honest, about 15 minutes in I was skeptical but they threw themselves in to the madness and just rolled with it. No holding back. Taissa was great as usual (and I find her so hot so it’s always a bonus) but Adam Devine as per had me in stitches. The crazy girl who just wants to get naked made me laugh too. Crazy but rewarding film. A sequel would be very interesting. Cheers for that one Ken

Haha, Ken, so I couldn’t resist myself even after I read your review and told you I’d scrapped it. I ended up watching them both on the same night

Final Girl - yep fully agree with you. Rubbish lol. I don’t get it. So the guy that trains her is clearly a lot older than her, he’s lost his wife and child to someone killing them. Then it’s like 12 years later and her training is finished to kill 4 lads who have been killing other girls who I can only assume they killed this older guys wife. The lads are like 18. So that don’t add up. Plus they take Girls out that they have kind of won over. Girls that are into these guys and attracted to them. So does that mean that the other guys wife was attracted to one of these younger lads and they took her to the woods to kill her when they were like 6 years old? I was so confused lol. Weird
Also it’s weird that the main blonde guy is in both of these final girl films made in the same year lol

Wounds - okay so I’ve been looking forward to this one for a while. I’m not going to lie this freaked me out. I don’t fully understand it apart from the kids do some ritual and open up the door to some demon or somthing along those lines. Armie hammer, Dakota Johnson and zazie beetz are all excellent in this. Some of the visuals and editing is so creepy that it messed me up a little bit. Probably didn’t help that I watched this at like 2am when I couldn’t sleep but I kinda loved it whilst watching it. It has some really creepy moments but I don’t get the ending. Anyway, after watching it I went to sleep. Now I don’t have nightmares or anything like that. I have some weird dreams but I can’t remember the last time I had a nightmare. Must of been a kid. But I woke up around 5am freaking out and sweating thinking someone was in my room just staring at me and I couldn’t even open my eyes. So yeah that made some kind of impact on me. Not sure id watch it again, mainly because I don’t want to go through the experience I went through after again lol

Hahaha! You actually watched Final Girl, eh? Man, I tried to save you the pain of going through that mess. Happy you were able to check out The Final Girls, though. I really had a lot of fun with that flick and I wasn't expecting much when going into it. Since you liked that one, though, I'd also recommend checking out Tragedy Girls.

Glad you know what a final girl is now. :p

Sounds like Wounds is a film that I'll have to check out some time. I remember hearing about that one from before, but now I'm definitely curious after hearing about how much it ruined you for a night. Must be some powerful, disturbing stuff.

Ah man I love American werewolf in London and yeah the transformation is awesome.
That’s absolutely awesome about your mate!!!!!

I really didn’t get on with in the tall grass. Mentioned it to you on your insta but yeah found it to be standard king.

Absolutely love a girl walks home alone at night. Perfect.

Not heard of tigers are not afraid but it sounds interesting and I’ll have to check it out. Cool that the director commented on your post though. Love that

I won’t go into IT 2 too much but you do make a good point about the smart phones however, I think I can excuse that for some reason. It’s like Andy has made the mix of 80s story with modern times and not thought of a workaround with smartphones however I think the whole, pennywise is controlling more than you realise comes into play. Like he’s controlling everyone inside Derry including parents, kids and social media haha. but I found that we got more pennywise in this film compared to the first film. Maybe because I look at the monsters he creates as him too, I’m not sure. I do agree some scenes could of been cut a bit shorter though.
My main concern with the CGI and it’s the same with the first film is the leper. Why wasn’t that practical? I mean in the sequel I get that the tall lady and the woodchuck were but why was the leper. Never understood that. I honestly think the CGI works better and is more needed in this film because his shape shifting takes it to another level and a lot of them are bigger things especially his spider-wise at the end (and again the woodchuck). But the first film should of used more practical effects imo

It’s a long ride but I think they work better as one long watch. But I get some won’t want to do a 5 hour sitting

It'll definitely be a while before I attempt a back-to-back viewing of both chapters of IT, but I get what you're saying. Honestly, I would've cut out the entire subplot revolving around
Henry Bowers. There was no need for that character to return and all it did was overextend the sequel while diminishing the effect of Bowers' death in the first film.
So yeah, in the book or not, I would've cut that. I also would've slightly cut down on the final battle at the end. It just seemed too long.

Oh, if you're a Guillermo del Toro fan, you should definitely check out Tigers Are Not Afraid! Same goes for you, @bloodsnake007. I think you guys would enjoy it!

Reactions: Flloydo
Hahaha! You actually watched Final Girl, eh? Man, I tried to save you the pain of going through that mess. Happy you were able to check out The Final Girls, though. I really had a lot of fun with that flick and I wasn't expecting much when going into it. Since you liked that one, though, I'd also recommend checking out Tragedy Girls.

Glad you know what a final girl is now. :p

Sounds like Wounds is a film that I'll have to check out some time. I remember hearing about that one from before, but now I'm definitely curious after hearing about how much it ruined you for a night. Must be some powerful, disturbing stuff.

It'll definitely be a while before I attempt a back-to-back viewing of both chapters of IT, but I get what you're saying. Honestly, I would've cut out the entire subplot revolving around
Henry Bowers. There was no need for that character to return and all it did was overextend the sequel while diminishing the effect of Bowers' death in the first film.
So yeah, in the book or not, I would've cut that. I also would've slightly cut down on the final battle at the end. It just seemed too long.

Oh, if you're a Guillermo del Toro fan, you should definitely check out Tigers Are Not Afraid! Same goes for you, @bloodsnake007. I think you guys would enjoy it!

Yeah I was kinda intrigued by how bad it sounded and you was right. Haha. Couldn’t help myself. But the final girls was right up my street for that comedy/ horror genre. Loved it.
Ohhh tragedy girls has been on my list a while. I think I started that one night but was really tired so I’ll start that one again.

So wounds as a whole isn’t great, I need to warn you of that. It’s kinda a pretty pointless film however I did like the main 3 actors but a bit like what you mentioned about sinister on insta. There’s no reel footage but it’s these quick snap scenes that kinda messed me up. But then like I said for the first time in over 20 years I had a nightmare that night and I seriously thought something was watching me and I’m sure that film influenced that. The film itself didn’t scare me but my mind did after. I suppose the same way paranormal activity did to me when that first came out except I didn’t have any nightmares or anything like that about it. Was just my mind when I was left on my own at night lol.

And I’ll defo check out that tigers are not afraid. Sounds interesting

I do agree about IT though

I would of skipped the whole bowers part too. I like that he died in the first film and should of left it like that, works better in the book that he goes in a mental asylum and not in the film. The only part I liked about him in the sequel was when his pal Hockstetter is waiting for him in the car and drives off like a zombie Fonz. Literally a split second

And yeah would of shortened the end too. I’ve seen it twice now and liked it even more on the second viewing though.

That little girl part under the seating at the baseball game is absolutely savage!
Also loved The Thing tribute with Stanley’s head. And the bowers shining part. Which is fine because it’s not actually bowers.

I kinda like that pennywise ups the ante on gore in the sequel though because he was defeated by kids the first time. So he has to go further with the adults to put fear in them

I really dug Tigers Are Not Afraid, agree with the del Toro vibes from it. Reminded me of The Devil's Backbone or even The Orphanage.

Definitely agree with Child's Play. Didn't hate it, but didn't love it either, it was fine. Hamill was chewing the scenery big time.
Hated Tales of Halloween. I was excited to check it out as I love Trick'R Treat but I ended up hating it with a passion. The main problem for me was that they try to cram 10 stories in 90 minutes. Nothing has a chance to develop or engage you. I liked the Sweet Tooth story but then it all went downhill from there.

Since my last post I've chalked up quite a few;

• It: Chapter 2: I dug this a lot. The book is my favorite of all time so this was always gonna rank highly for me if they even came close to nailing it, which they did.
  • Halloween 2: Not a patch on the first, but it (was) a worthy sequel at the time (though the whole "Michael is your brother" thing never sat right with me).
  • Halloween 4: Not nearly as bad as I remember. Does an admirable job of moving the story along to a post Laurie world.
  • Halloween 5: Atrocious. The second worst of the whole lot. Michael Myers. Michael. F*cking. Myers. sheds a tear in this movie. Sorry? What? Nope.
  • Halloween 6: What in the blue hell is this? Who greenlit this movie?
  • Halloween H20: Ok...we're back on track here. Jamie Lee is back. The story is...well, it's not as bad as it could have been. Could have been a fitting end to the franchise if not for...
  • Halloween Resurrection: **** this movie & all that it stands for! One of the most boneheaded scripts in cinema history. Who cast Busta Rhymes in this? Just no.
  • Little Monsters: Sure, its cliche, but I had a lot of fun with this.
  • A Cure For Wellness: Lovecraftian vibes & absolutely gorgeous cinematography can't save this one from mediocrity.
  • Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil: A ball of fun.
  • Poltergeist: A classic.
  • Zombieland: Owes a great deal to Shaun of the Dead, a blast from start to finish.
  • The Evil Dead: Almost sacrilege but I was kind of bored by this on this rewatch. Something was just off for me, like it doesn't flow well or something. The sequel is better by a country mile.
  • The Cabin in the Woods: I love this one, a great deconstruction of the last 70 or so years of horror movies.
  • Cam: Didn't know much about it going in to this but I dug it. Great central performance from Madeleine Brewer.
  • The Autopsy of Jane Doe: One of my favorites of the last few years. Creepy as balls!
  • Raw: A french coming of age cannibal horror movie? What more can you ask for!
  • The Descent: Brilliantly tense. Plays it straight for the most part, up until around the hour mark when all hell breaks loose.
  • The Witch: A puritanical nightmare, an American gothic horror dripping with tension.

Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
I really dug Tigers Are Not Afraid, agree with the del Toro vibes from it. Reminded me of The Devil's Backbone or even The Orphanage.

Definitely agree with Child's Play. Didn't hate it, but didn't love it either, it was fine. Hamill was chewing the scenery big time.
Hated Tales of Halloween. I was excited to check it out as I love Trick'R Treat but I ended up hating it with a passion. The main problem for me was that they try to cram 10 stories in 90 minutes. Nothing has a chance to develop or engage you. I liked the Sweet Tooth story but then it all went downhill from there.

• It: Chapter 2: I dug this a lot. The book is my favorite of all time so this was always gonna rank highly for me if they even came close to nailing it, which they did.
  • Halloween 2: Not a patch on the first, but it (was) a worthy sequel at the time (though the whole "Michael is your brother" thing never sat right with me).
  • Halloween 4: Not nearly as bad as I remember. Does an admirable job of moving the story along to a post Laurie world.
  • Halloween 5: Atrocious. The second worst of the whole lot. Michael Myers. Michael. F*cking. Myers. sheds a tear in this movie. Sorry? What? Nope.
  • Halloween H20: Ok...we're back on track here. Jamie Lee is back. The story is...well, it's not as bad as it could have been. Could have been a fitting end to the franchise if not for...
  • Halloween Resurrection: **** this movie & all that it stands for! One of the most boneheaded scripts in cinema history. Who cast Busta Rhymes in this? Just no.
  • A Cure For Wellness: Lovecraftian vibes & absolutely gorgeous cinematography can't save this one from mediocrity.
  • Zombieland: Owes a great deal to Shaun of the Dead, a blast from start to finish.
  • The Evil Dead: Almost sacrilege but I was kind of bored by this on this rewatch. Something was just off for me, like it doesn't flow well or something. The sequel is better by a country mile.
  • The Cabin in the Woods: I love this one, a great deconstruction of the last 70 or so years of horror movies.
  • Cam: Didn't know much about it going in to this but I dug it. Great central performance from Madeleine Brewer.
  • The Autopsy of Jane Doe: One of my favorites of the last few years. Creepy as balls!
  • The Descent: Brilliantly tense. Plays it straight for the most part, up until around the hour mark when all hell breaks loose.
  • The Witch: A puritanical nightmare, an American gothic horror dripping with tension.

Yeah man tales of halloween was so bad. I agree sweet tooth was ok but very very short. The short after that had a decent idea but the guy annoyed me

Glad you enjoyed IT 2. I don’t think it deserves the criticism it’s getting

Ahhh little monsters, it’s that the zombie one with the kids and the lady from US, 12 years a slave, black panther? Can’t pronounce her name let alone spell it but if it is that one I’m dying to see it. Trailer looks so good

Raw is also on my list just not got around to it yet. Cam is also on my list, Got it saved on my Netflix.
I didn’t mind a cure for wellness either but I watched that a very long time ago. Maybe another watch is in order. Only seen the autopsy of Jane doe once and I really liked it. Might even whack that on in a bit tbh.

Haha I agree with H20, used to love that when I was younger. Been years but I hated how they got around him surviving In the film after. Wasn’t it a guy dressed up as him or something?

Brilliant list though. I love the decent too but it’s been a few years. Need to dig that steelbook out

Yeah I was kinda intrigued by how bad it sounded and you was right. Haha. Couldn’t help myself. But the final girls was right up my street for that comedy/ horror genre. Loved it.
Ohhh tragedy girls has been on my list a while. I think I started that one night but was really tired so I’ll start that one again.

So wounds as a whole isn’t great, I need to warn you of that. It’s kinda a pretty pointless film however I did like the main 3 actors but a bit like what you mentioned about sinister on insta. There’s no reel footage but it’s these quick snap scenes that kinda messed me up. But then like I said for the first time in over 20 years I had a nightmare that night and I seriously thought something was watching me and I’m sure that film influenced that. The film itself didn’t scare me but my mind did after. I suppose the same way paranormal activity did to me when that first came out except I didn’t have any nightmares or anything like that about it. Was just my mind when I was left on my own at night lol.

And I’ll defo check out that tigers are not afraid. Sounds interesting

I do agree about IT though

I would of skipped the whole bowers part too. I like that he died in the first film and should of left it like that, works better in the book that he goes in a mental asylum and not in the film. The only part I liked about him in the sequel was when his pal Hockstetter is waiting for him in the car and drives off like a zombie Fonz. Literally a split second

And yeah would of shortened the end too. I’ve seen it twice now and liked it even more on the second viewing though.

That little girl part under the seating at the baseball game is absolutely savage!
Also loved The Thing tribute with Stanley’s head. And the bowers shining part. Which is fine because it’s not actually bowers.

I kinda like that pennywise ups the ante on gore in the sequel though because he was defeated by kids the first time. So he has to go further with the adults to put fear in them

Lol, it's funny how easily the mind can play tricks on us. After seeing Sinister, my mind was desperately trying to imagine the worst coming from the darkness, but I somehow powered through it, telling myself, "It's fake. They're actors. It's a movie. You're a dumb-@$$." :LOL:

Happy to hear that you agree with my thoughts on It Chapter Two, too. It's crazy -- I never realized how similar the two of us think when it comes to film. And yeah, that baseball part was savage!!!

This is SUCH a fantastic line-up of films! Well done. I agree with most of your quick one-sentence reviews, too. I keep forgetting to watch Raw.

Reactions: Flloydo
Lol, it's funny how easily the mind can play tricks on us. After seeing Sinister, my mind was desperately trying to imagine the worst coming from the darkness, but I somehow powered through it, telling myself, "It's fake. They're actors. It's a movie. You're a dumb-@$$." :LOL:

Happy to hear that you agree with my thoughts on It Chapter Two, too. It's crazy -- I never realized how similar the two of us think when it comes to film. And yeah, that baseball part was savage!!!

This is SUCH a fantastic line-up of films! Well done. I agree with most of your quick one-sentence reviews, too. I keep forgetting to watch Raw.

I’m also the same with blood/ gore. So I can’t watch savagely violent gory films but whenever I see real blood I feel ill and sick. It’s weird. I could never work in a hospital, I’d be a patient within 5 minutes

Haha yeah I agree. That’s why I take a lot of your recommendations. Plus I’ll give most horror films a go unless it’s really really bad

Last couple of days for me.

Can't say I was overly impressed with 3 from hell, looks to me that RZ as run out of ideas with it and to be honest it just wasn't the same for me with the very limited appearance of Captain Spaulding. Didn't realise he was so ill-looking during the filming of this and clearly, Zombies original plan would have been for him to play a much bigger part in the film but had to go down a different route with it.

With that said, it was still worth a watch and would be for any fan of Zombies work, just a shame that it wasn't made a little earlier whilst Sid was in better health so that we could have had the original 3 from hell :whistle: :wow:

Had to fit in the Addams family at some point as the kids have never seen them :OMG: My Daughter loved them both, my boy not so much:rofl:

Off to the cinema later today to take them to see the new animated one:thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo and tridon
More horror films I watched this last 2 weeks..
Night Of The Creeps
Overlord
Phantasm
Quartermass And The Pit
Rampant
Sleepwalker and The Stand
Todd & The Book Of Pure Evil The End Of The End
Urban Legend
3 From Hell and Anna & The Apocalypse
Valentine
Countdown
Zombieland Double Tap