Horror Chat Last horror film watched/purchased?

Glen-BoB

Grampie Blu-Clan
Jan 28, 2009
Dartmouth, NS, CaNaDa
General horror discussion thread! Chat away!

North American Releases
updated 08/10/09

20 Million Miles to Earth: 50th Anniversary Edition
28 Days Later...
28 Weeks Later...
30 Days of Night
AVP: Alien Vs. Predator: Theatrical + Unrated
AVPR: Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem -Extreme Unrated Set
AVP: Alien Vs. Predator Unrated 2-Pack (both movies)
Alone in the Dark
American Psycho (Unrated)
American Werewolf in London, An - 10/13/09
Amityville Horror, The '79
Amusement
Anaconda
Army of Darkness: Screwhead Edition - 10/13/09
Audition - 10/07/09
Beast, The Special Extended Edition
Beetlejuice - 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition
Bird with the Crystal Plumage, The
Black Christmas 74
Black Christmas 74 - Canada
Blood & Chocolate
Book of Blood, Clive Barker's - 09/29/09
Bram Stoker's Dracula - Collector's Edition
Breed, The
Carrie
Children, The - 10/06/09
Children of the Corn
Child's Play - 09/15/09
Cloverfield
Constantine
Covenant, The
Creepshow - 09/08/09
Cruel World
Curse of King Tut's Tomb, The
Dark Water - Theatrical Version
Dawn of the Dead 78 (127 Minute 'True' Theatrical/Director's Version)
Dawn of the Dead 04 - Unrated Director's Cut (110 Minute Version)
Day of the Dead (Uncut) (Audio Edited)
Day of the Dead 08
Day Watch (Unrated)
Dead and Buried
Dead Girl - 09/15/09
Descent, The - Original Unrated Cut
Devil's Rejects, The - 109 Minute Unrated Director's Cut
Dexter - The Complete First Season
Dexter - The Complete Second Season
Diary of the Dead
Dog Soldiers
Doom - Unrated Extended Edition (113 Minute Version)
Drag Me to Hell - 10/20/09
Dragon Wars
Echo, The - 11/19/09
Eden Lake
Eden Log
End of Days
Event Horizon
Elsewhere
Evil Dead 2
Exorcism of Emily Rose, The (Unrated)
Exorcist, The - 09/08/09
Eye, The (US)
Faces of Death - 30th Anniversary Edition
Fido - Canada
Final Days of Planet Earth
Final Patient, The
Final Destination
Destination 4: The Final Destination - 12/22/09
Flatliners
Flesh for the Beast
Fly, The ('86)
Freddy vs Jason
Freddy vs. Jason - US - 09/08/09
Friday the 13th (Uncut)
Friday the 13th (2009)
Friday the 13th Part 2
Friday the 13th Part 3D
From a Place of Darkness
From Dusk Till Dawn - Canada
From Hell
Ghost Ship - 10/06/09
Ghosts of Mars
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters 2
GNAW - 10/13/09
Gothika
Grindhouse Presents: Planet Terror - Extended and Unrated
Grindhouse Presents: Death Proof - Extended and Unrated
Grudge, The (US)
Halloween 78
Halloween 78 - 30th Anniversary Commemorative Set
Halloween 07 - Unrated Director's Cut (121 Minute Version)
Haunting in Connecticut, The
Hellraiser
Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - 09/29/09
Hills Have Eyes 2, The (Unrated)
Hollow Man - Director's Cut
Host, The - Collector's Edition
Hostel - Director's Cut
Hostel: Part 2 - Unrated Director's Cut
House of 1000 Corpses (Rated)
House of Wax
I Am Legend
I Am Legend - Ultimate Collector's Edition
I Am Legend Steelbook - Canada
Ichi the Killer - 10/20/09
Identity
I Know What You Did Last Summer
I Still Know What You Did Last Summer
Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles
It Came from Beneath the Sea
Killer Movie - 10/13/09
King Kong 05
Land of the Dead - 97 Minute Unrated Director's Cut
Let the Right One In
Living Dead at Machester Morgue, The - 10/27/09
Lost Blood: Blood the Last Vampire - 10/??/09

Lost Boys, The
Lost Boys 2: The Tribe - Uncut Version
Mary Shelley's Frankenstien - 10/13/09
Masters of Horror Vol 1-4
Messengers, The
Midnight Meat Train - Unrated Director's Cut
Midnight Movie - 10/13/09
Mirrors - (122 minute Unrated Version)
Misery - 09/15/09
Mist, The
Mortuary
Mummy, The 1999
Mummy Returns, The
Mummy, The : Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
Mummy Trilogy, The
My Bloody Valentine 3D
My Name is Bruce
New York Ripper, The - 09/29/09
Nightmare on Elm Street, A - Canada
Night of the Creeps - 10/20/09
Night of the Werewolf (Retorno del Hombre-Lobo, El ) (1980) / Vengeance of the Zombies (Uncut)
Nightwatch
Number 23, The - 10/06/09
Offspring - 10/06/09

Omega Man, The
Omen Collection, The
Omen, The (1976)
Omen, The (2006)
One Missed Call (USA)
Orphan - 10/27/09
Orphanage, The
Otis (Uncut)
Poltergeist
Postal - Unrated Director's Cut
Predator
Premonition
Primeval
Prom Night - Unrated Version
Quarantine
Ray Harryhausen Collection
Reaping, The
Re-Cycle (Gwai wik)
Repulsion (Criterion)
Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Resident Evil: Extinction
Resident Evil: The High Definition Trilogy
Resident Evil: Degeneration
Rest Stop: Dead End (Uncut)
Rest Stop: Don't Look Back (Uncut)
Return to House on Haunted Hill
Ruins, The (Unrated)
Salvage
Saw (103 Minute U.S. Theatrical Version)
Saw 2 - Unrated Edition
Saw 3 - 113 Minute Unrated Edition
Saw 4 - Unrated Director's Cut
Saw 5 - 2 Disc Unrated Director's Cut
Scary Movie
Secret, The (Si j'étais toi)
Secret Window
See No Evil
Seed of Chucky - Canada
Seventh Moon - 10/06/09
Shadow: Dead Riot
Shaun of the Dead - 09/22/09
Shining, The
Shutter US (Unrated)
Signal, The
Silence of the Lambs, The
Silent Hill
Sixth Sense, The
Sleepy Hollow
Snakes on a Plane - 09/08/09
Species
Splinter
Starship Troopers
Starship Troopers 3: Marauder
Starship Troopers Trilogy
Stendhal Syndrome, The (Complete Italian Version)
Stir of Echoes
Strangers, The - 88 Minute Unrated
Sublime - Uncut
Sunshine
Surveillance
Taking Lives
Tell No One
Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The (1974)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The
Thaw, The - 10/06/09
Thing, The (1982)
Thirteenth Floor, The
Trick 'r Treat - 10/??/09
True Blood - Season 1
True Blood - Season 2 - ??/??/??
Twilight - Two Disc Special Edition
Twilight Zone: The Movie
Two Evil Eyes
Underworld - Unrated Extended Cut (134 Minute Version)
Underworld: Evolution
Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
Uninvited, The (2009)
Urban Legend
Vacancy
Van Helsing - 10/13/09
Vengeance
Wicker Man, The (2006 Unrated)
Wolf - 10/13/09
Woods Have Eyes, The
Wrong Turn - 09/15/09
Wrong Turn 2: Dead End - 09/15/09
Wrong Turn 3 - 10/20/09

X Files: Fight the Future (Extended Version)
X Files: I Want to Believe - Ultimate XPhile Edition
Zombie Strippers - Special Edition (Unrated)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: oselallo
I’m also the same with blood/ gore. So I can’t watch savagely violent gory films but whenever I see real blood I feel ill and sick. It’s weird. I could never work in a hospital, I’d be a patient within 5 minutes

Haha yeah I agree. That’s why I take a lot of your recommendations. Plus I’ll give most horror films a go unless it’s really really bad

I'm the exact same way. I watch a zombie eat some dude's stomach, but the sight of actual blood -- especially my own -- makes me feel like I'm gonna black out.

Reactions: Flloydo
I honestly thought the remake/reboot was fantastic!
If I'm honest, when I first heard that this was being made I wasn't for it at all, the trailers did nothing for me.

After watching it last night I was very surprised how good it was, Very much enjoyed it mate :thumbs: Easily one of my fav reboots:happy:

Reactions: tridon
If I'm honest, when I first heard that this was being made I wasn't for it at all, the trailers did nothing for me.

After watching it last night I was very surprised how good it was, Very much enjoyed it mate :thumbs: Easily one of my fav reboots:happy:

Yup, definitely tops the remakes of Friday, Nightmare, and Halloween.

Reactions: Robles
Got in the classic of classics for this hallowed time.

1572390879978.jpeg

Wrapping up this thread with the last bunch of films from my October-long marathon. After that, the 'Last horror film watched/purchased' thread will be re-opened and this thread will be merged with it. Thanks for joining in with the marathon this year, everyone! :vamp:

Reactions: Flloydo
Don't forget, horror fans -- the new GeekCap Halloween Special is now available to watch over on YouTube! Wreck has a cool giveaway somewhere within the video, so give it a watch and enter to win! :thanks:

Tagging some horror fans from this thread (please tag others that you think would be interested):
@Robles @rj531 @Strangerbyday @AcIDc0r3 @PunkNinja

Great stuff mate :thumbs: :LOL: Just gave it a watch.

Have to say, your rendition of Back st boys was on point :thumbs::LOL::rofl:

The Blob:wow: really enjoyed this film, haven't given it a rewatch for years tho. That troll hunter slip you have is sweet mate.

@Flloydo I'm with you on Cabin fever :thumbs: Love it myself mate so you ain't alone:rofl: Also mate you have some real nice editions:thumbs:

@Wreck where is that Suspiria from mate?:wow::OMG: Is it from this Black Label?

Again mate @tridon Great stuff mate a quite enjoyable 40 mins and will definitely be tuning in again :thumbs:

Sorry to hear of the problem that you had with Quiver, Onwards and upwards mate :thumbs: I've been through some really ****** times mate with my Daughter and at times I really couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel and at one point we gave up everything to try and fund some stuff that thankfully worked out in the end. So mate never give up on your plans as im sure you'll soon be back in the driving seat and banging out some great stuff:thumbs:

If you do get something into production that has any CGI, feel free to drop me a message mate :thumbs: I'd happily help out in any way I could.

Reactions: tridon and Flloydo
Ok my last load. I ended up doing 36 lol and 3 quarters of another

• Little Mondters - loved it. I actually really loved it and I fell in love with Lupita a bit more. Her accent is great

• Holidays - I’ve seen it before but fancied again. It’s not amazing but it does have some great shorts. Stand outs for me are Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, New Year’s Eve and Easter. Easter is by far the best and creepiest. The rabbits voice gets me. Would love to see a proper adaptation of that.

• XX - again had seen this before but I couldn’t really remember it. All four shorts aren’t bad. Birthday party is probably the worst and the box or don’t fall being the better of the 4. Watching it back I can’t believe that’s Sheila Vand in birthday party But she’s really underused

• Paranormal activity 3 - It’s the only one I physically own and imo the second best of the franchise (the first being the best). Just fancied it plus it has the most creative idea in the franchise with the camera on the fan swivel. That scene with the ghost sheet is genius.

• Jennifer’s body - again just fancied it. Actually really like this film and Megan Fox is a treat so winner winner

• The Thing (2011) - okay so it’s like religion for me to watch the carpenter film every Halloween (aswell as another 2 or 3 times a year lol) but I fancied a switch up this year. It would actually be half decent if it wasn’t covered in CGI Thing. Could of easily made practical effects In this film. Surely it would of been cheaper too. Just lazy

• Scream 2 - this was my three quarter fim. Well prob more. it was on film four last week but I missed the first 15ish minutes

• Halloween H20 - was on tv, caught it from the start. I’ve always been a fan of this one. Nothing great but enjoyable

• Rattlesnake - had this as a reminder on Netflix for when it was released. It wasn’t too bad. Has some moments and was a little bit better than I thought it was going to be

• Eli - so again had this on my list as a reminder and then I put it off because I watched the trailer and it put me off. But then I gave it a go and f**k me I was glad. This turned into a right gem! I thought I had it all at one point and then surprised me so I thought I had it again and then boom completely changes.
I do love that it makes you think one thing and then changes and then you think the opposite but that wrong that then turns out to Be right lol. Great film (not sure about the final 60 seconds though)

• Brightburn - great film. Second time I’ve seen it. Very violent and I hope for a sequel

• Troll Hunter - absolute masterpiece. I’m so happy that I see this on the big screen when it came out. Love the humour. The one that gets me is the guy who’s covering it all up and he gets the bear feet the wrong way round. It’s his looks to the camera. Priceless.
Also never thought this before but the girl reminds me of a wes Anderson character. It’s the way she looks. She’s alway got earmuff/ headphones and a boom. Like one of the staff in life aquatic.

• Suspiria (2018) - been looking forward to this for a while. But haven’t been in the mood. Made this my final film and I thought it was perfect. It’s weird because I know the score well as it’s thom Yorke and I got it when it first came out but getting to see the film with it was a pleasure. I’ve never actually seen this original but I loved this film

I’m surprised I did so many considering half the way through I felt horror-ed out. I had to watch a normal film to balance my mind out lol. (I watched the good boys by the way which was hilarious. It’s like Superbad with 12 years olds)

Reactions: tridon
Great stuff mate :thumbs: :LOL: Just gave it a watch.

Have to say, your rendition of Back st boys was on point :thumbs::LOL::rofl:

The Blob:wow: really enjoyed this film, haven't given it a rewatch for years tho. That troll hunter slip you have is sweet mate.

@Flloydo I'm with you on Cabin fever :thumbs: Love it myself mate so you ain't alone:rofl: Also mate you have some real nice editions:thumbs:

@Wreck where is that Suspiria from mate?:wow::OMG: Is it from this Black Label?

Again mate @tridon Great stuff mate a quite enjoyable 40 mins and will definitely be tuning in again :thumbs:

Sorry to hear of the problem that you had with Quiver, Onwards and upwards mate :thumbs: I've been through some really ****** times mate with my Daughter and at times I really couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel and at one point we gave up everything to try and fund some stuff that thankfully worked out in the end. So mate never give up on your plans as im sure you'll soon be back in the driving seat and banging out some great stuff:thumbs:

If you do get something into production that has any CGI, feel free to drop me a message mate :thumbs: I'd happily help out in any way I could.

yeah I love cabin fever. It’s rare to find people who are into it. Thanks, I wasn’t sure whether to use the actual films but it was good to see ken, Wreck and franky do the same

Reactions: Robles
Yeah strangely I don't know many into it either :wow: Watching another of Eli's at the moment, Hostel:thumbs: