Price: £17.75
Purchase link:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Zavvi.com

71irO8GzntL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: StifflersDad
Looks nice, except the movie looks really dull. It's such a shame since it's from the Japanese director who made CASSHERN and GOEMON, two very visually spectacular movies.

hmmm clive owen have to be honest don't think i have ever been impressed by a single one of his films or ever wanted to watch again.

imdb score 6.2 out of 10
rotten toms
critics 3.5 out of 10
aud score 17% liked it

hmm just think im goona have to pass on this one shame as i quite like morgan freeman but dont think he can save this one.

basil :thumbs:

Ok film, felt like a medieval expendables without our ageing action heroes. Holds your attention well enough but can think of many more films that warrant the steelbook treatment. Also it's nice to see a studio decide the final artwork on a new release so we can decide wheather or not we're interested.

Reactions: nicblue
hmmm clive owen have to be honest don't think i have ever been impressed by a single one of his films or ever wanted to watch again.

imdb score 6.2 out of 10
rotten toms
critics 3.5 out of 10
aud score 17% liked it

hmm just think im goona have to pass on this one shame as i quite like morgan freeman but dont think he can save this one.

Have you tried Children of Men bas? I've gotta agree though, no others really spring to mind.

imdb score 6.2 out of 10
rotten toms
critics 3.5 out of 10
aud score 17% liked it

Precious Bane BBC Drama from 20 ish years ago. Janet McTeer , Jim Carter 1800's prue Sarn born with a haere lip and her life . Based on the Mary Web novel . He played her brother Giddion ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC in that .

Haven't watched this but good to see a steelbook of a film new to Blu-ray - used to be unusual to see a new to Blu-ray film with an almost simultaneous steelbook release but nowadays not so.
Not sure about the artwork, though possibly marginally better than the 'busy' Amaray cover.
Surprised to see these mediaeval type films still being made and maybe even more surprised that there's still an audience for them.
For me, one to add to the list of 'wait for' and hopefully pick up for under a tenner at some point in the future.
Apparently this is a remake of '47 Ronin' - not the 2013 Keanu Reeves but a 1941 Japanese film of the same name released in the U.S. in 1979 . . . no, I haven't seen that one either . . .

Good point well made

I was going to say Bourne Identity as well, but he didn't really have a big enough part in that to justify that being included!!

One other one I should have mentioned, which I can't believe I left out, is Closer, which is a brilliant film IMO and one of my favourites

Despite the fact it's a new release to Blu-ray and steelbook this is one that I'll have to pass on at pre-order and one I'm happy to play the waiting game for until it's in a sale @ GBP 7.99.