The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 19th, 2015
Purchase link: Lawrence of Arabia
Price: £13.99

11173992-8934330577264202.jpg

That looks really nice. I'm hoping Best Buy will get these as well since they carried the Project Pop Art steelbooks last time around...

Certainly in for this as well as 'Bram Stoker's Dracula' and will pay more to have U.K. editions.

Let me correct you there :p
Don't call them UK editions. They are all exactly the same in other countries - 99.99% the same.
The only difference is the Jcard and that doesn't play absolutely no role for me personally when I buy steelbooks.

Let me correct you there :p
Don't call them UK editions. They are all exactly the same in other countries - 99.99% the same.
The only difference is the Jcard and that doesn't play absolutely no role for me personally when I buy steelbooks.

What I meant to say with "U.K. editions" - and which I took for granted that it would be understood - is that I was referring to the U.K. j-cards with BBFC stamps :)
I appreciate that that may be the only difference in the items (apart from the pricing) - though I'm unclear if there is print anywhere on these j-cards in the relevant country's native tongue.
As far as I'm concerned the U.K. j-card is essential for a steelbook purchase.

EDIT: As you are sticking out your tongue at me for some reason I should remind you that your double negative means that the j-card DOES matter to you when purchasing steelbooks.

Last edited:
What I meant to say with "U.K. editions" - and which I took for granted that it would be understood - is that I was referring to the U.K. j-cards with BBFC classifications :)
I appreciate that that may be the only difference in the items (apart from the pricing) - though I'm unclear if there is print anywhere on these j-cards in the relevant country's native tongue.
As far as I'm concerned the U.K. j-card is essential for a steelbook purchase.

EDIT: As you are sticking out your tongue at me for some reason I should remind you that your double negative means that the j-card DOES matter to you when purchasing steelbooks.

Where is this so called double negative? :D
I stated that Jcards (any Jcards) don't play no role to me personally when I buy steelbooks. It could be in Arabic and I would still buy it if the price is so much lower.

Where is this so called double negative? :D
I stated that Jcards (any Jcards) don't play no role to me personally when I buy steelbooks. It could be in Arabic and I would still buy it if the price is so much lower.

DOESN''T PLAY ANY ROLE or PLAYS NO ROLE. . . !!!!!!!

Nice looking steelbook :thumbs:
Good news - another major Oscar-winning classic to keep 'Spartacus' company :)
Hopefully 'live' in a couple of hours ?
Surely got to be either this or 'Dracula' or both if both are really truly being released on the 19th of this month.

EDIT: 7pm It's 'Saving Mr. Banks' (released 9th Nov.) today and neither of these . . . unfortunately.

Last edited:
This one and BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA 'live' price adjusted to GBP 12.99 so hopefully able to pre-order both over this week-end.

EDIT 6pm 10/10 - 'Sold out' price of GBP 13.99 now adjusted to the 'live' price of GBP 12.99 so expect it to be available tomorrow for pre-order.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flash
This U.K. edition LIVE to pre-order now.
5% discount applied automatically bringing it down slightly to GBP 12.34.

Fantastic Film
A must watch if you never seen it before
One of David Leans best films and best if seen on a big screen as possible

I already have the
1)UK Collector Series Slipcase Blu-ray 2 Disc Edition
2)USA Lawrence of Arabia 50th Anniversary Limited Edition Collector's Box Set 4 Discs (Beautiful Box set with a fantastic full size coffee table book with some amazing photos )
3)Lawrence of Arabia Steelbook HDzeta Exclusive No.1 (Beautiful steelbook and my favourite steelbook in my collection)

I have this steelbook on pre order as well but from Amazon Italy
Do note the listings of both UK and Italy steelbooks is only 1 Disc
If that is correct it is missing an important extras disc but might just be an error in the listings

If you don't already have this in your collection it's a must film to have but do order a release that includes the extras disc if this steelbook don't contain the extra disc

I will have this 4 times on Blu-ray when I get the Pop Art Steelbook
I also already have the film 2 times on DVD and 3 times the movie soundtrack on CD and Vinyl (Original release)

The film direction the music both are pure brilliance combined

It's a long film but from start to finish is what cinema was meant for

Reactions: Bruckle
Before this year I 9nly bought UK Steelbooks to but not for the J-Cards or BBFC but to be matching with others but then I noticed the quality of the foreign editions compared to our barebones editions. I take Quality over anything now.

A top quality epic (with a 4K re-mastered disc if same as my 2012 50TH ANNIVERSARY glossy white/gold slip edition) in a decent-looking steelbook for GBP 12.34 . . . what's not to like ?

Certainly is a decent price for a U.K. pre-order steelbook - which is limited to 1,000 copies in the U.K. - and though unlikely to sell out any time soon (this applies equally to the other recent two 'Spartacus' and 'The Blues Brothers') I'm still not unhappy to order at this price.

Bare-bones it may be, with a reported 1 disc - that can't be right, surely !?!? - but what would you expect for this price ? :)

Has anybody's been sent yet? Got this and three others (Blues Brothers, Dracula and Spartacus) preordered with a release date for Monday but not had despatch emails for any other them yet. :cautious: