Le Mans ‘66 (aka Ford v Ferrari) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 23, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live on Friday November 15 at 9 AM UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12367340-4174721202989640.jpg

12367340-8584721203157265.jpg 12367340-2024721203113618.jpg

Last edited:
Received today, going back tomorrow.
I can’t believe they are still making titleless steelbooks in this country.

Just to be clear that is no title on the front and no title on the spine.

Also, the spine is covered by the slip, not seen this before so you wouldn’t know until it is opened.

Finally, crap matte to top it off.

We have known this since February 13 ! (see above)

German Steelbook is spot gloss finish and has debossed title and title on spine

Thread below has a unboxing video

German 4K edition some still available the 2D edition is sold out

2D back in stock at amazon.de
German Steelbook is spot gloss finish and has debossed title and title on spine

Thread below has a unboxing video

German 4K edition some still available the 2D edition is sold out

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
Oh, crap!
No titles on the front&spine, isn't this almost a scam?
Somebody please let me know subtitles information~, thanks!

Last edited:
Wow. That's pretty bad. The German one looks great too. Who makes these decisions? Is it just a money saving thing?

I would have preferred the 4k disc German one, but ordered the blu ray version from them this morning instead. It is such a nicer steelbook than this Zavvi effort. I can understand when different countries do completely different steelbook designs, but can never understand when they stay with the same design and tweek it. Seems so utterly pointless. Just put the debossed title on all.

I would have preferred the 4k disc German one, but ordered the blu ray version from them this morning instead. It is such a nicer steelbook than this Zavvi effort. I can understand when different countries do completely different steelbook designs, but can never understand when they stay with the same design and tweek it. Seems so utterly pointless. Just put the debossed title on all.
I put an order in for the 4K German one about 1/2 hour ago. Seems I was lucky as it looks to be OOS again!

• Informative
Reactions: spookz
Plain Steelbook ... no title ... even the spine ... pretty lazy Zavvi:BS:

Steelbook design has nothing to do with Zavvi
Zavvi dont do any design with steelbooks that's done by the film studio/distributors

Steelbook is a shared print run in Europe/Asia as in a WWA steelbook

German WEA release with title is shared print run with Holland

Steelbook design has nothing to do with Zavvi
Zavvi dont do any design with steelbooks that's done by the film studio/distributors

Steelbook is a shared print run in Europe/Asia as in a WWA steelbook

German WEA release with title is shared print run with Holland
But Zavvi still shows very misleading product images.

But Zavvi still shows very misleading product images.
That's what the film distributors provide them with sometimes is not accurate or gets changed and updates not passed on to the retailers

All pre order listings have artwork subject to change and actual product my differ than image shown

Image though should have been updated once actual product release change was known about

That's what the film distributors provide them with sometimes is not accurate or gets changed and updates not passed on to the retailers

All pre order listings have artwork subject to change and actual product my differ than image shown

Image though should have been updated once actual product release change was known about
Obviously in italy they got the correct product pictures ... from the beginning!
1.jpg

Obviously in italy they got the correct product pictures ... from the beginning!
View attachment 467650
Disney UK and Disney Europe are different distributors
Information given to retailers in some countries will not always be the same

It was also known well before release date since February 13th that the UK release will not have title on spine or front from various sources and this info was posted and mentioned a few times in this thread and other threads of same steelbook

German release was clearly noted would be different

Disney UK and Disney Europe are different distributors
Information given to retailers in some countries will not always be the same

It was also known well before release date since February 13th that the UK release will not have title on spine or front from various sources and this info was posted and mentioned a few times in this thread and other threads of same steelbook

German release was clearly noted would be different
Not everyone is active in the steelbook forums!
Those had bad luck obviously!
If there´s no "artwork tba", I expect the cover to look like this in the end!

Not everyone is active in the steelbook forums!
Those had bad luck obviously!
If there´s no "artwork tba", I expect the cover to look like this in the end!
Zavvi yes should have updated listing with correct image once they got delivery of the stock
Very often product changes info does not be passed to retailers and they only know about a change when they get delivery

Product listings images are only mock up and not an actual image of product and sometimes may have small or big differences to actual release

Yes it's helpful if images retailers use are accurate but sometimes that don't happen for various reasons