Leon: Director’s Cut - 25th Anniversary Edition (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 28, 2019 November 11, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order will be live Saturday 28th September 6pm (18.00) UK time)
Price: £24.99

71CaSIfeQwL._SX342_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming this will be exactly the same as the German release, in which case I've cancelled my order... poor finish and even poorer back art. (n)

[Not my video]

Reactions: MM3 and Sigill
I'm assuming this will be exactly the same as the German release, in which case I've cancelled my order... poor finish and even poorer back art. (n)

[Not my video]

I don’t blame you mate, I don’t even think Gloss could save that. The front looks great but everything else is awful.(n)

Reactions: Noodles
I don’t blame you mate, I don’t even think Gloss could save that. The front looks great but everything else is awful.(n)
The front art was the only real reason I ordered it in the first place, but the rest is so bad that it's completely put me off.

It was too pricey for a double dip anyway, so I'm almost kinda thankful they gave me an excuse to save money lol.

Reactions: Sigill
Front looks ok
Spot gloss finish on the eyes and glasses

Back artwork yes is a disappointment could have been lot better
StudioCanal steelbooks it varies some have good artwork on the back and some don't

I cancelled my order last week as I needed the funds for more important things :D

Its decent for a UK release,but the Kimchi one is way better than this in terms of quality and artwork.

Artwork is just fine but the finish sucks big time:-
1571877025089.png

If Scanavo are supposed to "help through every step of the process to ensure that SteelBook® products are the best they possibly can be suggesting finishes to their clients" they are either not fulfilling that promise or their clients are too tight to pay for a decent finish . . . there's nothing wrong with a good matte finish but a helluvalot wrong with a streaky matte finish.

Last edited:
I'm surprised I haven't been charged for this yet. Thor: Ragnarok was charged and shipped two days ago and it releases on the same day. Has anybody else been charged or had a dispatch for this yet?