Jan 30, 2013
FFO, Germany
Release date: March 18th, 2016
Purchase link: Amazon DE
Price: €24.63

91TCBkcXAQL._SY679_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aw 83
It's a sequel to Sha Po Lang with Donnie Yen, Sammo Hung and Wu Jing - at least in name only. The big draw was supposed to be Tony Jaa vs. Wu Jing but like everything after Tom Yum Goong that Tony has been in it's a bit disappointing. Received a lot of hype in Hong Kong but don't let that fool you... the fights aren't all that exciting. :D

It's a sequel to Sha Po Lang with Donnie Yen, Sammo Hung and Wu Jing - at least in name only. The big draw was supposed to be Tony Jaa vs. Wu Jing but like everything after Tom Yum Goong that Tony has been in it's a bit disappointing. Received a lot of hype in Hong Kong but don't let that fool you... the fights aren't all that exciting. :D

What about the first one then with Donnie Yen ? I liked his display of martial arts in Ip Man 1 & 2 and Flashpoint

What about the first one then with Donnie Yen ? I liked his display of martial arts in Ip Man 1 & 2 and Flashpoint

The first SPL is very well regarded by genre fans. It was the first pairing of Wilson Yip and Donnie who went on to do Flashpoint, DTG and the Ip Man movies. If you enjoyed those movies you should check out SPL, the Korean Blu is a nice release and I really think the more serious tone it has benefits the movie more than their other collaborations. Personally I prefer the action in Flashpoint to SPL but it's still a good time. :thumbs:

• Informative
Reactions: InAFalsetto
The first SPL movie was great! Of course, I mean, when Donnie Yen and Sammo Hung team up, that's what I expect - and that's what I got. I'm very looking forward to this one although I don't expect too much. There are not a lot of great martial arts movies coming these days, so I'm happy about movies like this one.

By the way, Splendid Film just posted some first live pictures of the steelbook edition:

letal.jpg letal2.jpg letal3.jpg letal4.jpg letal5.jpg

Here some pictures of my Lethal Warrior Steelbook. It is mat and has very cool shiny rain effects on it. The rain effects are very difficult to capture on the pictures but they look realy cool.
The Blu-ray has german and cantonese audio, subtitels are german and dutch. No englisch audio and subs

lethal_steel_3 (Medium).JPG lethal_steel_4 (Medium).JPG lethal_steel_5 (Medium).JPG lethal_steel_7 (Medium).JPG lethal_steel_8 (Medium).JPG lethal_steel_9 (Medium).JPG lethal_steel_10 (Medium).JPG

• Helpful Post
Reactions: JCC

agree totally. this is no Raid either ...!