Lightyear (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA)

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: September 13, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Lightyear-steelbook.jpg

Credit to Viking61 at BD

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Might actually be my first Disney purchase in a while if it ends up being glossy.

Reactions: Shark
Yeah I like that. Will wait for UK which should be soon

Let’s hope the UK gets this with a title….
As lightyear is the characters name then the European version should get the same steel with the title because it don’t change. That’s how it usually works anyway.

Reactions: jaffajakes
Propaganda in a kids movie check
Removing Tim Allen for his political views check
Chris evans attacking the fans check
Me not buying anything of Disney check
1. Allen has not always done the voice of Buzz (though he obviously did all the TS movies)
2. he doesn't seem like he was very interested in this Lightyear movie
()
3. He's working with Disney on a new disney plus based on his Santa Clause movies (Tim Allen Returns as Scott Calvin in First Look at The Santa Clauses)

This isn't my favorite Pixar flick, but this casting change has nothing to do with whatever politics Allen has, which most of us don't care about one way or the other. His Buzz was largely comic relief (and Tim is primarily a comedic actor), while Lightyear, IMO, is mostly a drama.

1. Allen has not always done the voice of Buzz (though he obviously did all the TS movies)
2. he doesn't seem like he was very interested in this Lightyear movie
()
3. He's working with Disney on a new disney plus based on his Santa Clause movies (Tim Allen Returns as Scott Calvin in First Look at The Santa Clauses)

This isn't my favorite Pixar flick, but this casting change has nothing to do with whatever politics Allen has, which most of us don't care about one way or the other. His Buzz was largely comic relief (and Tim is primarily a comedic actor), while Lightyear, IMO, is mostly a drama.

Disney is all about $$. Not casting TA was just one of the reasons this movie tanked at the box office. Disney execs aren’t dumb.. they knew what they were doing.

It’s not about Tim Allen’s Buzz. It’s about the real character Buzz is based off in that world. The argument is just weird. You'll still have Allen in the Toy Story movies :LOL:
It’s not really about using a new voice actor. Disney has become a politically driven company that pushes propaganda. The have ruined Star Wars, marvel, and their animation studio is a mess. There’s a reason why a large majority of people hate their films and they can’t stay consistent at the box office. This movie is about one of Pixar’s most beloved characters from one of their most popular movie franchise and it flopped in the theaters. The rise of Gru could very well triple what buzz has done. The numbers don’t lie.