Lightyear (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA)

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: September 13, 2022
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Lightyear-steelbook.jpg

Credit to Viking61 at BD

Last edited by a moderator:
Sono2020 just means it's petty and senseless to be defending such a hypocritical company, but I guess that's the way of the 'western world'.

Reactions: Sono2020
Sono2020 just means it's petty and senseless to be defending such a hypocritical company, but I guess that's the way of the 'western world'.
When you’re a child and you're Introduced to their animated and live action films you don’t think of all that. You’re not even aware.

And I still love their films today. That never goes away. Yeah certain aspects of their censorship in the past have annoyed me. But at the end of the day they make films I like. as JGCramp says you may not be a fan of things but you still need what some companies provide. I too hate apple, but I have an iPhone because I got one from day one and I find easy, all my sh!t is there. Amazon annoy me but I still use them. And so on.

At this point, we should probably just agree to disagree. I’m actually surprised the mods let us get this far without putting the clamp on us haha. Anyway, I respect others opinions even if it’s not aligned with mine. At the end of the day, we are just dudes and ladies who collect chunks of steel that hold our movies. Cheers.

At this point, we should probably just agree to disagree. I’m actually surprised the mods let us get this far without putting the clamp on us haha. Anyway, I respect others opinions even if it’s not aligned with mine
Fair play.

I’m not adding to it anymore

(I also think the mods prefer it if we contain it ourselves - it hasn’t got out of hand. No personal attacks etc I’m done with it now anyway)

Oh, don’t get me wrong. There’s still plenty of people who are ready to consume next product (marvel, Star Wars, Pixar), but when you compare the two newest animated kids movies head to head, it’s not even close. Minions is at 540 million worldwide, while light year is at 215 million. Light year movie was surrounded by controversies (that they created themselves), while minions marketed itself as a silly/fun family friendly movie.

People don’t want to take their kids to a movie that’s surrounded by controversy, propaganda, and agendas. They just want to be entertained. This is the hill Disney chose to die on.
Or maybe no one wanted Lightyear and kids love Minions.

Large enough to make them lose billions in stock, and potential millions in box office gross.
I salute all people standing up against things being imposed on them in inappropriate places.
Kids will see, read, and make their own conclusions no matter what parents allow them to see or not.
It's not about that small kiss in particular, which I don't mind (my sister is gay), but the whole stance the company has taken.
Disney will be fine and crybaby homophobes will still be crybaby homophobes.

Oh, that's it. It's not the whole "gay" thing, after all, your sister is gay....It's actually about the principle of the matter...

Give me a break.

Hey, remember I live in Finland. Country that has been voted the most happy country in the world many times in a row !

View attachment 537221
Yeah yeah, so happy you're sometimes strange, because there's nothing to be happy about anymore, been happy so much, covered and done pretty much everything there is! ;)
I was joking about your recent ban, of course you probably haven't been in an actual gulag, like my relatives.
On the plus side, our currency is the 'strongest' in the world, everything in Euro and USD is half price now for me!

excited making money GIF by HULU

Reactions: Space Cadet
The "I have a gay relative" excuse sure is convenient, isn't it?

Kinda like when someone says they have a black friend.
It's not an excuse, it's a fact, as you like to say. It means I've been around all kinds of gay people for decades, mutual friends, talked to them about these things. Most don't like putting anyone's sexuality out on display, forcing people to watch or tolerate its expression in public places, don't even approve of those parades, that turned into a circus.
It turned into ridiculous taunting, like "hey, I'm gay, don't like it? Caveman! Look at how I dress, see my ass or tits sticking out, don't like it? Bigot!" Why does it all have to be a provocative statement?
Just exist normally, without bothering each other, or imposing your lifestyle on others.
That's how gay friends and my sister's wife feel. The whole squabble is created by a small percentage that don't know better, and just make a lot of noise for attention for various reasons.

Reactions: Sono2020
I'm pretty sure most of people only care about the release of this film rather then right-wing political drama. I know that's all I care about. I'm a new member but even I can see this thread is toxic.
I didn't call you that, I said homophobic crybabies will still be homophobic crybabies. It was a statement of fact, not an accusation.
Also I think its more telling that some are offended by this statement.
In regards to the actual release I look forward to grabbing it when Zavvi put it up for Pre Order. Preying for at least a debossed title on the front.