Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Lisa Frankenstein (2024)

Tagline: Dig up someone special.

Genre: Comedy, Horror, Fantasy

Director: Zelda Williams

Cast: Kathryn Newton, Cole Sprouse, Liza Soberano, Carla Gugino, Joe Chrest, Henry Eikenberry, Joshua Montes, Bryce Romero

Release: 2024-02-09

Plot: In 1989, an unpopular high schooler accidentally re-animates a handsome Victorian corpse during a lightning storm and starts to rebuild him into the man of her dreams using the broken tanning bed in her garage.

lisa_frankenstein.jpeg

Reactions: Billy Talent
Up for this. Like the kind of 80s retro look. Reminds me of horns meets Lisa and the blood moon.

Also director is Robin Williams daughter

Reactions: Billy Talent
So it's Lisa's Frankenstein monster, plus it's not really that, but rather another 'living dead', she only adds a hand it seems.
But other than that looks interesting!

Last edited:
So much Frankenstein material at the moment. Just had Poor Things, Got the Del Toro film with Jacob Elordi in production and Christian Bale has been announced in a new film too (not sure If he’s the creator or the monster)

Amazing romantic comedy with 80's crude and straightforward humor, and good 80's music, that's not been overused in every other movie set in that decade. Actually up to 1 hour 30 minutes out of 1:41 with credits, I was thinking it's one of the best things I've seen yet, but the ending kinda ruined it a little. I was hoping for a mean, dark comedy end, where the police can't figure out anything, and maybe even blame one of the 'good' characters, or at least put them in the 'looney bin' - that would've been awesomely 'ballsy', in line with everything we saw before. But something happened, maybe someone changed the ending, maybe it was written like that, because Cody didn't think of another way out, like I just did, I don't know.
It's still a pretty fun film with really dark humor. Sometimes it's 'in-your-face', like throwing a cop into the grave, sometimes more subtle, like one character not giving a damn another is dead, while a third is upset - we've all been there, right? Well I was happily laughing... :naughty:

Watched this last night. It wasn’t awful but it’s wasn’t great either. Some parts I loved and some parts were just flat or messy. Had a kind of Edward Scissorhands meets the babysitter style and substance whilst trying to do its own thing. Some parts were very creative and some parts felt given up on. I dunno, I semi enjoyed it for what it is. I can certainly see Zelda’s influences though

It did however introduce me to a pixies version of wave of mutilation that I’d never heard before. A slower version

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database