Lock Up (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 23, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 10, from 6 PM UK Time)
Price: £24.99

12226637-1184690576517946.jpg

12226637-1304690576604610.jpg

Last edited:
Never actually seen this one. Not sure about the art though, or should I say the placement of it... Stallone has never been a looker, and this design certainly ain't doing him any favours lol.

Never actually seen this one. Not sure about the art though, or should I say the placement of it... Stallone has never been a looker, and this design certainly ain't doing him any favours lol.

Good movie. Released 30 years ago on August 4th, 1989. I saw this at least twice in the theatre.

It's the first time I saw Tom Sizemore. It was his film debut and he made an impression that when I saw him in movies for awhile after that I would think "that's the guy from Lock Up." Memorable character. Very fitting that one of his lines is "30 years, man!"

But since you didn't like Top Gun because you didn't see it 30 years ago... :LOL:

Understood what they tried to do here but hmmmm not so sure putting the face on spine like that was a good idea (artistically) while leaving a lot of black blank space on front (and back) I think at least they should put the title on the front...

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
@Noodles
you havent seen Lock Up and you dont like Top Gun?

Probably the reason for not liking Top Gun is due to the fact that he didn't see it until years after it was released.
That happens to me as well. A lot of movies considered classics that I saw long after their release (not seeing them when they were originally released in theatres) I find to be meh. So I understand about @Noodles and Top Gun.

No I don't.

tumblr_o494pi9aaP1v8vkt4o1_640.gif

Good movie. Released 30 years ago on August 4th, 1989. I saw this at least twice in the theatre.

It's the first time I saw Tom Sizemore. It was his film debut and he made an impression that when I saw him in movies for awhile after that I would think "that's the guy from Lock Up." Memorable character. Very fitting that one of his lines is "30 years, man!"

But since you didn't like Top Gun because you didn't see it 30 years ago... :LOL:
Had it on my Netflix watchlist for a while, but just never got around to actually watching it... think they've removed it now though unfortunately. I do love 80s Stallone flicks too, so I'm not sure why it passed me by for so long.

As for Top Gun... I'm probably due a rewatch, but the first time really didn't impress me. I found it to be quite camp, which I don't have anything against of course, but it kinda took me by surprise, as I was expecting something totally different lol.

@Noodles
you havent seen Lock Up and you dont like Top Gun?
tumblr_o494pi9aaP1v8vkt4o1_640.gif
Probably the reason for not liking Top Gun is due to the fact that he didn't see it until years after it was released.
That happens to me as well. A lot of movies considered classics that I saw long after their release (not seeing them when they were originally released in theatres) I find to be meh. So I understand about @Noodles and Top Gun.

No I don't.

View attachment 439636
It's not my fault I have superior taste in movies. :pompus:

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian
This art is HIDEOUS, not the image of Stallone, but the way they have spliced up his already grizzled looks to make him even more er .. how do I put this ? deformed...maybe not the right word but you get the gist.. This gets my vote for worst steelbook of the year...:vomit:

And Noodles has presented us with a perfect example of what could have been....excellent work..:thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles