Logan (Blu-ray SteelBook) (FilmArena Collection #77) [Czech Republic]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: July 12, 2017
Purchase links: Edition 1 - Edition 2 - Edition 3 - Edition 4 - Edition 5
Price: Edition 1 (999 CZK) - Edition 2 (1099 CZK) - Edition 3 (999 CZK) - Edition 4 (4499 CZK)
HDN Group Buy: Live May 29 at a random time and closes June 6 - each edition limited to 100 copies.
E1 GB open HERE
E2 GB open HERE
E3 GB open HERE
E4 GB open HERE
E5 GB open HERE

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
steelbook.jpg interior.jpg
FilmArena have listened to feedback and have therefore updated the artwork - more info soon!
IMG_2161.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
So! Today I was really in the mood for this movie, so I unsealed my FAC and inserted the disk...only to find out it doesn't work?!?!?! :confused::mad::mad::mad::banghead::punch:
WTF?

EDIT: No, it's not a region thing. I'm from the "right" region
Do you have a multi region player and previously set it to Region A or C and not changed it back to region B
The fac release is region B locked as far as I can remember

Sorry to hear that @Raimi . Have you tried contacting Filmarena to see if they could help?

Nope, not yet. But I don't even know if they would be willing to assist in any way since a. this was a GB purchase and b. it was a looong time ago :(

Do you have a multi region player and previously set it to Region A or C and not changed it back to region B
The fac release is region B locked as far as I can remember

I'm using PS4 for watching movies and I never played with any settings connected to BRs and playback. But the thing is that as soon as I insert the disc, it starts making strange noises and it takes much much longer to be recognized. After like half a minute it finally displays the thumbnail and lets mu run the movie....which never starts. I get an error about not being able to play the disc.

Before going further I'll try to update my PS4 because I think I'm behind at least 1 update. Then I'll try to find my old PS3 to see if there's any difference. I'll also try to run the NOIR version to see what happens. But I did try some other movies and they play fine, so it's not (I hope) a sign that the PS4 is acting up.

I'll give you an update tomorrow.

@CollectorEmtee do you maybe recall if there were any reports back in the day of the GB that members were unable to play the movie? Do you think Karel could speak with FA just to see if they had any problems or replacement requests back then?

Reactions: paulboland
Nope, not yet. But I don't even know if they would be willing to assist in any way since a. this was a GB purchase and b. it was a looong time ago :(

I'm using PS4 for watching movies and I never played with any settings connected to BRs and playback. But the thing is that as soon as I insert the disc, it starts making strange noises and it takes much much longer to be recognized. After like half a minute it finally displays the thumbnail and lets mu run the movie....which never starts. I get an error about not being able to play the disc.

Before going further I'll try to update my PS4 because I think I'm behind at least 1 update. Then I'll try to find my old PS3 to see if there's any difference. I'll also try to run the NOIR version to see what happens. But I did try some other movies and they play fine, so it's not (I hope) a sign that the PS4 is acting up.

@CollectorEmtee do you maybe recall if there were any reports back in the day of the GB that members were unable to play the movie? Do you think Karel could speak with FA just to see if they had any problems or replacement requests back then?
Hey, if the NOIR version plays, it's fantastic, cannot recommend enough. I never watched it in color until last night when it was on Film 4... adverts certainly dragged the film length...

Hope you get it to play in one form or another, best of luck :thumbs:

Reactions: Raimi

Just in case, try sending a PM to the guys, long shot but wouldn't hurt to ask. I know it sucks but at the end of the day, it's easy to replace just the disc. Thankfully you didn't for example discover that there were dents or scratches on the steel itself.

fyi, mine also didn't work - or rather, it did for around 60 minutes, then the disc has a manufacturing coding error (same place every time), the picture breaks up... and that's as far as it goes. :( i did ask the GB hosts with the mosts :notworthy: if anything could be done, but didn't think to contact FAC direct. :facepalm: i don't have a replacement currently.