Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Logan

Tagline: His time has come

Genre: Action, Drama, Science Fiction

Director: James Mangold

Cast: Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart, Dafne Keen, Boyd Holbrook, Stephen Merchant, Richard E. Grant, Sienna Novikov, Eriq La Salle, Elise Neal, Elizabeth Rodriguez, Doris Morgado, David Kallaway, Han Soto, Jayson Genao, Krzysztof Soszynski, Alison Fernandez, Quincy Fouse, Al Coronel, Frank Gallegos, Anthony Escobar, Reynaldo Gallegos, Stephen Dunlevy, Daniel Bernhardt, Ryan Sturz, Brandon Melendy, Luke Hawx, Paul Andrew O'Connor, Rocky Abou-Sakher, Jean Claude Leuyer, Jef Groff, Jeremy Fitzgerald, Chris Palermo, Clinton Roberts, Keith Jardine, Andrew Arrabito, Sebastian James, Aaron Matthews, Garrett Hammond, Matt McClain, Maureen Brennan, Hannah Westerfield, Bryant Tardy, Ashlyn Casalegno, Parker Lovein, Jimmy Gonzales, Lennie Loftin, Mark Ashworth, James Handy, Bryce Romero, Phi Vu, Chester Rushing, David Simpson, Lauren Gros, John Raymond, Vanessa Cloke, Katie Anne Mitchell, Lara Grice, James Moses Black, Ned Yousef, Baxter Humby, Daniel Hernández, Michael Lehr, Bryan Sloyer, John Bernecker, Joe Williams, Robert Wu, Victor Winters-Junco, Craig Henningsen, Evan Dane Taylor, Toby Holguin, Panuvat Anthony Nanakornpanom, Eyad Elbitar, Rissa Rose Kilar, Salef Celiz, Aidan Kennedy, Chase Cubia, Vincenzo Lucatorto, Haley Glass, Nayah Murphy, Emma Teo, Noell Jellison, Ella Rowbotham, Hudson Wright, Sebeon Jackson, Kelton DuMont, Damon Carney, Dave Davis, Cynthia Woods, Mali O'Connor, Robert Vargas, David Paris, Ted Ferguson, Juan Gaspard, Julia Holt, Gonzalo Robles

Release: 2017-02-28

Runtime: 137

Plot: In the near future, a weary Logan cares for an ailing Professor X in a hideout on the Mexican border. But Logan's attempts to hide from the world and his legacy are upended when a young mutant arrives, pursued by dark forces.

@Flloydo
It would be SO COOL if it was Black & While. Fingers Crossed! That means Fox is actually willing to try something different!
I know they have said this might be rated R. It could be cool if they kept in the red for the blood. (But I guess it might look too much like sin city then...)

@Flloydo
It would be SO COOL if it was Black & While. Fingers Crossed! That means Fox is actually willing to try something different!
I know they have said this might be rated R. It could be cool if they kept in the red for the blood. (But I guess it might look too much like sin city then...)

Yeah true and after deadpool maybe they are listening to the audiences a bit more

War of the apes sounds like it might be a crazy film too. Battling ape Demons and humans

You know what, that would be an awesome idea and would love to see the film black and white with red blood. But yeah it will get compared to sin city. Wouldn't bother me so I'm hoping they actualy go with that.

It may be that certain flashbacks are black and white. Hopefully find out tomorrow. I'm excited lol

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw

I've been watching Hugh as Logan since I was in high school. Watching an unknown actor play my favourite character ever was nerve-racking, but now I don't want to see him go. Hugh is the best there is at what he does and what he does best is play Wolverine. This is gonna be a bittersweet goodbye! :dunno:

this is amazing

so then is this in it's own timeline outside the others @tridon

does logan have memories of X1-X3, wolverine, DoFP, and his new backstory from Apocalypse. Sheesh his head must hurt from all the alternate realities. Especially give the last time we saw him in the most "future" timeframe was after DoFP when he wakes up and things are OK, though I did always feel it was a bit of a hazy scene almost like a "what if" or "could be" scenario

and then he has a new backstory from Apocalypse too

oh my

I've been watching Hugh as Logan since I was in high school. Watching an unknown actor play my favourite character ever was nerve-racking, but now I don't want to see him go. Hugh is the best there is at what he does and what he does best is play Wolverine. This is gonna be a bittersweet goodbye! :dunno:

WOW! :OMG: Just absolutely blown away from that emotional trailer, love that song! :headphone:... completely agree with you Ken, it's going to be a bittersweet goodbye :(

Also, looks like the UK got a red band scene:

That guy is gonna have a serious headache! :blackeye: :D
ouch!.JPG

this is amazing

so then is this in it's own timeline outside the others @tridon

does logan have memories of X1-X3, wolverine, DoFP, and his new backstory from Apocalypse. Sheesh his head must hurt from all the alternate realities. Especially give the last time we saw him in the most "future" timeframe was after DoFP when he wakes up and things are OK, though I did always feel it was a bit of a hazy scene almost like a "what if" or "could be" scenario

and then he has a new backstory from Apocalypse too

oh my

Yeah, this is in the timeline after Days of Future Past, so he has memories of everything. He's going to be one tortured soul. I'm looking forward to the introduction of X-23, though.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
WOW! :OMG: Just absolutely blown away from that emotional trailer, love that song! :headphone:... completely agree with you Ken, it's going to be a bittersweet goodbye :(

Ohhhh yeah! What an awesome shot! This is my 2017 film right here. Can't wait! :D

whats the trailer song, instant top 10 this week on itunes (if it isn't already a classic)...

found it

https://www.bustle.com/articles/190...ric-choice-for-the-third-wolverine-film-video

...It's performed by Johnny Cash, and it's called "Hurt." The late, great country star released the song in 2002, on his album American IV: The Man Comes Around, which came out just a year before his death. There's a lot of weight and meaning to the song, even though Cash wasn't its writer. That honor goes to the band Nine Inch Nails, who released the original version of "Hurt" on their 1994 album The Downward Spiral.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon
I think I'm going to enjoy this film a lot more if I go into it thinking it is a stand alone film separate from all the other films. Usually I would watch all the previous films to get me in the spirit but don't want to for this film. (Such is the state of what fox and Singer have done to X-men franchise currently IMO).

I really hope they have a fresh start in a couple of years and learn from there mistake (Like Fox did with Amazing Spider-Man and the wonderful Fantastic 4 reboot hahahahaha)

I'm secretly hoping that Spider-Man homecoming makes soooooo much money that Fox decides to join up with Disney/Marvel with the X-Men and Fantastic 4.

Hurt by Cash is prob the best cover around of any song, been my go to serious song for a while now.

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon

F****ck this looks amazing and so different I how I imagined. Even the way it's filmed

I remember being in year 8 and going to see x men and Hugh jackman blew me away and I've watched him put everything into becoming wolverine over the past 17 years and it's going to be hard seeing his last film. Think I will cry

Man that red band clip!!!!! Awesome

I can't believe they went with "hurt", fits it so well but I prefer the original by Trent reznor of nine inch nails. So much emotion in his version than cashes but I still like his version (still emotion but I get more from Trent - song means quite a bit to me from a dark time...) but the song also now reminds me of chow from hangover and that last Rick and Morty episode lol

Also good shout on hugh for Joel

Usually I would watch all the previous films to get me in the spirit but don't want to for this film.

Good idea! I think I'll do the same. It'll make this film even more special to me.

F****ck this looks amazing and so different I how I imagined. Even the way it's filmed

I remember being in year 8 and going to see x men and Hugh jackman blew me away and I've watched him put everything into becoming wolverine over the past 17 years and it's going to be hard seeing his last film. Think I will cry

Man that red band clip!!!!! Awesome

I can't believe they went with "hurt", fits it so well but I prefer the original by Trent reznor of nine inch nails. So much emotion in his version than cashes but I still like his version (still emotion but I get more from Trent - song means quite a bit to me from a dark time...) but the song also now reminds me of chow from hangover and that last Rick and Morty episode lol

Also good shout on hugh for Joel

I will cry during this film and I have no problem admitting that. I cried during DoFP because I knew it would be the final time I'd ever see the original cast together. This will definitely choke me up, though. Hugh Jackman as Wolverine (and to a lesser degree, Patrick Stewart as Charles -- though I've already said goodbye to him in that role a couple times now) means so much to me. I own every single solo Wolverine comic from 1982 to 2012. He's my favourite fictional character of all-time. Jackman brought him to life in a way that I never thought imaginable. Seeing him as Logan and knowing it's the final time... it already chokes me up.

And I love both Cash and Reznor's versions of Hurt. I love Reznor's interview where he talked about never lending his songs to anyone, but when Johnny asked, he just couldn't say no. And now he says that it's more Johnny's song than his own.

Anyone else feel Moved by the new Wolverine film trailer? If it truly is the last time he is playing Wolverine then its a very bittersweet trailer... he is wolverine, noone can replace him.

Definitely a moving trailer. Perfect song choice and beautiful editing. The people who put this trailer together should be very proud.

@tridon

so what do you think happened to all the mutants, obviously something to do with his ability to no longer heal

maybe a tie in with the end of apocalypse, like when they take his DNA they create a virus to kill mutants and suppress his healing. I forget if it was a comic story line (sure it was) but do remember a similar thing happening in the X-Men cartoon series

@tridon

so what do you think happened to all the mutants, obviously something to do with his ability to no longer heal

maybe a tie in with the end of apocalypse, like when they take his DNA they create a virus to kill mutants and suppress his healing. I forget if it was a comic story line (sure it was) but do remember a similar thing happening in the X-Men cartoon series

Apocalypse kinda set up Mr. Sinister's arrival, so it's quite possible that he did something to remove all mutations on earth. I'm sure it's going to be an interesting explanation, though.