Completed Loki (Season 2) [Disney+]

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Loki, Scarlet Witch, Other Marvel Heroes to Get Own TV Series on Disney Streaming Service (EXCLUSIVE)
Source: Variety
Disney is enlisting Earth’s Mightiest Heroes as the company prepares to launch its upcoming streaming service. The entertainment giant is in early development on an ambitious plan for a number of limited series centered on popular characters from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. These series will likely include shows centered on Loki and the Scarlet Witch, along with other beloved superheroes who have yet to appear in their own standalone movies.

Marvel and Disney had no comment.

There’s an important distinction from other Marvel small screen efforts, however. The actors who portrayed these heroes and villains in the Avengers films and their spin-offs, such as Tom Hiddleston and Elizabeth Olsen, are expected to play them in the streaming shows. Moreover, though sources close to the production are staying mum on the cost of the programming, the budgets are expected to be hefty rivaling those of a major studio productions. Each series is expected to include six to eight episodes. Marvel Studios will produce the shows and Kevin Feige, the guru of all things MCU, is expected to take a hands-on role in their development.

FYZBFaFUcAArjbT.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably gonna wait until the entire season is available to stream as I did with the first... find I enjoy shows a lot more when I can watch stuff at my own pace (aka binge them :hungry:)

Reactions: Lone Crusader
If Ahsoka had had even half the energy of that first episode of Loki season 2, what a series it might have been! But I'm so glad to see the second season of this one off to such a vibrant start. They seem to have a clear idea of what worked best in season 1.

Agree, only 1 episode in of course but that first episode of Loki was all kinds of meh

Owen Wilson in that space suit was kinda funny though

I was actually commenting on the random unnecessary Ahsoka bash. haha

I though both were great. But also very different in styles and tone.

What an excellent start to the new series. Only downer is it’s over too quickly

Easily their best series. Just feels well made like the first season

Just finished watching Season 1. 5 stars! I have only seen this and WandaVision which I liked as well but Loki is definitely better.
You definitely picked the best of the Marvel shows. Loki is the only one I thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish, whilst I just found Wandavision to be ok. The rest straight up sucked as a whole - some had their moments but soon dwindled. Avoid Sh**Hulk at all costs!

Reactions: Stygian
You definitely picked the best of the Marvel shows. Loki is the only one I thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish, whilst I just found Wandavision to be ok. The rest straight up sucked as a whole - some had their moments but soon dwindled. Avoid Sh**Hulk at all costs!

I have a 3 month subscription to Disney+ for $1.99 per month so I'm finally watching some stuff I never had a chance to before.

I watched season 1 of Mandalorian but I'm not sure I want to go any further with that. I thought it was just OK but I've heard that it gets worse.

Andor was great! I also watched Prey which I enjoyed. Moved on to WandaVision which I liked enough. It was nice seeing some other characters from past movies. I thought Elizabeth Olson was really good in the sitcom-like parts. I think she would do well in a classic sitcom type show. I seem to like her less as Scarlet Witch though. I think I just like seeing Elizabeth Olson happy and smiley and of course she looks a lot better in those hairstyles without the Scarlet Witch headgear. I had to re-watch Doctor Strange 2 again after that since I hadn't seen WandaVision before the first time I saw it. Makes more sense now.

Now after Loki I'm wondering if I need to watch Quantumania again.

I didn't realize that the shows were going to tie into the movies that came after them.. I thought the shows were going to be standalones. Which makes me wonder if I should watch Miss Marvel (if that's what it's called) before The Marvels movie comes out.

Reactions: Noodles
I have a 3 month subscription to Disney+ for $1.99 per month so I'm finally watching some stuff I never had a chance to before.

I watched season 1 of Mandalorian but I'm not sure I want to go any further with that. I thought it was just OK but I've heard that it gets worse.

Andor was great! I also watched Prey which I enjoyed. Moved on to WandaVision which I liked enough. It was nice seeing some other characters from past movies. I thought Elizabeth Olson was really good in the sitcom-like parts. I think she would do well in a classic sitcom type show. I seem to like her less as Scarlet Witch though. I think I just like seeing Elizabeth Olson happy and smiley and of course she looks a lot better in those hairstyles without the Scarlet Witch headgear. I had to re-watch Doctor Strange 2 again after that since I hadn't seen WandaVision before the first time I saw it. Makes more sense now.

Now after Loki I'm wondering if I need to watch Quantumania again.

I didn't realize that the shows were going to tie into the movies that came after them.. I thought the shows were going to be standalones. Which makes me wonder if I should watch Miss Marvel (if that's what it's called) before The Marvels movie comes out.
I'm currently using the same offer, although I had been subscribed since the very beginning of Disney+, I plan to cancel once the offer ends due to them upping the price.

For the most part I've enjoyed all of Mandalorian and wouldn't necessarily say it gets worse... each season has good and bad episodes IMO. But yeah, if you feel you've had your fill from season 1, then not much else is to be gained from continuing with it I guess.

Glad you enjoyed Andor. That's also been my favourite Star Wars series so far. Prey is great! I actually just rewatched it recently and it still holds up on a second viewing.

Yeah, can't fault Liz Olsen (or any of the other actors tbf). Don't think I've ever seen her put in a bad performance. Same though... I was also originally under the impression the shows didn't tie in with the films, which I'm sure Feige even said himself at one point. Realising that isn't the case is the only reason I decided to watch them all. That said, I'm not sure I can be bothered with Secret Invasion lol.

Reactions: Stygian
Considering how good season 1 was (arguably the best MCU D+ show) this 2nd season 2 episodes in has been shite. Episode 2 is just a mess

Really enjoyed episode 3. Loved the (time) setting too

Struggled with the first 2 episodes and didn't even bother watching last weeks until this week but thankfully the show has got better with episodes 3 and 4

Loved the opening of this season, then almost abandoned it in the middle (the Chicago episode was, in my opinion, about as bad as anything Marvel has ever done), and then totally loved the penultimate episode. It finally remembered that the point is to explore what Loki as a character needs to become, not all this "the loom is still collapsing!!" nonsense (Miss Minutes was just a humorous AI at the TVA—that's all; she is not the key to everything coming up in all Marvel movies...). I feel like there's a really great show in here, if only it didn't have to be connected to Marvel. As a character study of Loki, when that's what it's focused on, it's really quite good, and of course the set design and overall look of the show are fantastic. But when it's obviously setting up stuff for future movies, it's so flat. For me, both seasons fell apart in the middle episodes before a surprisingly strong finish. Maybe another case where Disney could triumph if they weren't so frantic to produce more and more streaming content.

As far as wonderfully timey-wimey stuff, the ongoing question of who really gets credit for writing the TVA manual is pretty hilarious. :)

Reactions: kaw
What a f**king unreal end!!! And that piece of music. Oh man what a final

So Loki is like really f**king powerful now!? Like watcher style but more... how do I say?... influence?

Looks like he’ll be keeping kang from most timelines.... until kang dynasty/ secret wars?!?

Also like the little mention of quantumanias kang